Full Name:Anoushka Shankar
Profession:Sitar Player and Music Composer
Age:39 years old (in 2020)
Date of Birth:9 June 1981
Birthplace:London, England, United Kingdom
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5' 6" (1.67 m)
Weight:60 Kg (132 lbs)
Eye Color:12 Inches
Anoushka was born in London and grew up in London and Delhi. She is the daughter of Sukanya Shankar and Indian sitar maestro Ravi Shankar, who was 61 when she was born. Through her father, she is additionally the stepsister of American artist Norah Jones (born as Geetali Norah Shankar), and Shubhendra “Shubho” Shankar, who passed on in 1992.
As a young person, Anoushka lived in Encinitas, California, and went to San Dieguito High School Academy. In 1999 Shankar moved on from secondary school with distinction, yet ruled against the college for starting to visit as a performance craftsman. A Homecoming Queen, Anoushka chose to seek after a career in music as opposed to go to school. Anoushka started preparing on the sitar with her father Ravi at seven years old. As a major aspect of her preparation, she started going with him on the tanpura at his exhibitions from the age of ten, drenching up the music and getting to be acclimatized to the stage.
Anoushka gave her first open sitar execution on 27 February 1995 at 13 years old, at Siri Fort in New Delhi on her father’s 75th birthday show. For this performance, she was accompanied by tabla maestro Zakir Hussain. Her first involvement in the account studio came that equivalent year when Angel Records discharged an exceptional four-CD enclose set called Celebration, to stamp her dad’s birthday. By the age of fourteen, she was going with her dad at shows far and wide. At fifteen, she helped her father on the milestone collection Chants of India, created by George Harrison. Under both their direction, she was responsible for documentation and in the long run of leading the entertainers who participated in the record. After this experience, the heads of Angel Records went to her folks’ home to request to sign her, and Anoushka marked her first selective chronicle contract with Angel Records (EMI).
Having released three albums of Indian traditional music, Anoushka removed quite a long while from the account and concentrated her vitality on building up herself as a performance show entertainer outside of her dad’s troupe. In that time, she toured around the world, playing a normal of 50– 60 shows for each year. 2005 brought the arrival of her fourth collection RISE, her first self-delivered, self-made, non-established collection, acquiring her Grammy assignment in the Best Contemporary World Music class.
Shankar has likewise wandered into acting (Dance Like a Man, (2004)) and composing. She composed a life story of her dad, Bapi: The Love of My Life, in 2002 and has added to different books. As an editorialist, she composed month to month sections for India’s First City Magazine for a long time and burned through one year as a week by week feature writer for India’s biggest daily paper, the Hindustan Times.
Stay tuned to know more about Anoushka Shankar and her LifeStyle.
You may also like Kareena Kapoor and her LifeStyle.
Facts You Never Knew About Anoushka Shankar!
- Both Shankar and her stepsister Norah Jones were selected for Grammy awards in 2003 when Anoushka turned into the youngest and first lady candidate in the World Music classification for her third album, Live at Carnegie Hall.
- In February 2006 she turned into the first Indian to play at the Grammy Awards, playing material from RISE.
- Shankar, as a team with Karsh Kale, released Breathing Under Water on 28 August 2007. It is a blend of traditional sitar and electronica beats and tunes. Eminent visitor vocals incorporated her fatherly relative Norah Jones, Sting, and her dad, who played out a sitar two-part harmony with her.
- In 2011 Shankar signed with record label Deutsche Grammophon as a select craftsman.
- In 2013 she released an indie album called Traces of You, created by Nitin Sawhney, Traces of You earned Shankar a fourth Grammy nomination in the World Music class.
- In July 2015 Shankar released Home, her first simply traditional collection of Indian Ragas. Self-formed and delivered, Home was recorded over seven days in October 2014 in Shankar’s new, manufactured home-studio.
- Anoushka Shankar has shown up on chronicles by different craftsmen, among them incorporates Sting, Lenny Kravitz, Thievery Corporation and Nitin Sawhney.
- Recently, Shankar has teamed up with Herbie Hancock on his most recent record The Imagine Project, and with Rodrigo y Gabriela on their album Area 52.
- In July 2010 she debuted Ravi Shankar’s first ensemble for sitar and symphony with the London Philharmonic Orchestra at London’s Royal Festival Hall.
- In April 2016, Shankar performed with violinist Patricia Kopatchinskaja amid a show in Konzerthaus Berlin, Germany.
- Shankar is a supporter of every living creature’s common sense of entitlement. She and her dad showed up in a thirty-second open administration declaration against creature languishing over People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
- Anoushka is also the representative for the United Nations World Food Program in India.
Anoushka Shankar Education
Qualification: High School Standard
School: St. Xavier's High School, London
College: Not Available
Anoushka Shankar Gallery
Anoushka Shankar Career
Profession: Sitar Player and Music Composer
Debut TV Series/Movie: Album: Anoushka (1998)
Salary: Not Available
Net Worth: Not Available
Family & Relatives
Father: Ravi Shankar
Mother: Sukanya Shankar
Brother(s): Not Available
Sister(s): Norah JonesShubhendra "Shubho" Shankar (Died)
Marital Status: Single
Husband/Boyfriend: Not Available
Son(s): Not Available
Daughter(s): Not Available
Anoushka Shankar Favorites
Hobbies: Not Available
Favorite Food: Not Available
Favorite Color: Black
Model Roz Wish Model Roz Happy Birthday
Jennie Pegouskie Wish Jennie Pegouskie Happy Birthday
Sunidhi Chauhan Wish Sunidhi Chauhan Happy Birthday
Maria Wasti Wish Maria Wasti Happy Birthday
Roshni Wadhwani Wish Roshni Wadhwani Happy Birthday
Gautam Rode Wish Gautam Rode Happy Birthday
Oleg Iwenko Wish Oleg Iwenko Happy Birthday
Briana Roy Wish Briana Roy Happy Birthday
Brianna Hildebrand Wish Brianna Hildebrand Happy Birthday
Aliyah Moulden Wish Aliyah Moulden Happy Birthday
Sharjeel Khan Wish Sharjeel Khan Happy Birthday
Johnny Lever Wish Johnny Lever Happy Birthday
Mohit Raina Wish Mohit Raina Happy Birthday