Nickname:The Living Legend, Maan Sahab, The Pride of Punjab
Full Name:Gurdas Maan
Profession:Singer, Songwriter, Choreographer, Actor
Age:63 years old (in 2020)
Date of Birth:4 January 1957
Birthplace:Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5’ 9” (1.75 m)
Weight:70 kg (154 lbs)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Gurdas Maan (born 4 January 1957) is a Punjabi artist, musician, choreographer, and actor. He is considered as a standout amongst the most striking figures in Punjabi music. He was born in Giddarbaha town of Punjab, to a Sikh Jutt family to the late S.Gurdev Singh Maan and the late Bibi Tej Kaur. He gained national attention in 1980 with his singing profession. From that point forward, he has proceeded to record more than 34 albums and has composed more than 305 songs. In 2013 he announced his YouTube channel to remain associated with his fans by means of video sites and upload old new song recordings.
Gurdas Maan is the main Punjabi artist to win the national award for Best Male Playback Singer at 54th National Film Awards for telling the whole story through his singing of Heer in Waris Shah: Ishq Daa Waaris.
Gurdas Maan is frequently credited with raising Bhangra music from a territorial level for the most part in Punjab to increase worldwide acknowledgment. Since its release, the greatly well-known song Apna Punjab has outperformed the majority of his different songs as far as popularity, particularly at the Asian Pop and Media Awards held in Birmingham in 1998 where “Apna Punjab” won Best Song and Best Album.
Gurdas Maan rose to popularity with his hit song “Dil Da Mamla Hai.” Soon after that came “Mamla Gadbad Hai” and “Chhalla”, the last being the hit movie song from the Punjabi movie ‘Laung Da Lishkara’ (1986), which Maan recorded under the music direction of amazing Jagjit Singh.
On different fronts, Maan has been featured in blockbuster Bollywood films and has gotten various honors, including the Jury’s Award, exhibited to him by the president of India in 2005. In 2015 he performed on the melody “Ki Banu Dunia Da” with Diljit Dosanjh in MTV Coke studio India that was released in season 4 episode 5 (16 August 2015) on MTV India. The song released on 15 August 2015 and hit in excess of 32 million views on YouTube in two-week.
In 2009 he won “Best International Album” at the UK Asian Music Awards for Boot Polishan. The amazing Gurdas Maan is today a standout amongst the most prominent Punjabi alive. This splendid sparkling star of Punjabi music and movies has held the best spot prisoner for almost two decades. He has kept up a phenomenal all-inclusive interest and won the core of numerous worldwide crowds.
His style is special and goes differently from that of the singers around with his unprecedented mix of vocal ability and allure that gleams in his stage presence.
Stay tuned to find out more about Gurdas Maan and his LifeStyle.
You may also like to view Rani Mukerji and her LifeStyle.
Facts You Never Knew About Gurdas Maan!
- Gurdas Maan is a great Punjabi singer and is considered as the core of Punjab. His best hits have given him overall profound revere.
- This is the man who began singing as a hobby and never thought he was good enough to wind up as a singer until the point that he began winning contests at school. From that point forward he has known to put people in a state of trance with his music. He is one of those people who mesmerize you with their persona and his way of speaking.
- As an actor, Gurdas Maan has sung in Punjabi, Hindi, and Tamil movies, however, he is best known for his work in Waris Shah: Ishq Daa Waaris, a portrayal of the Punjabi writer Waris Shah amid the writing of his epic ballad Heer Ranjha, co-featuring Juhi Chawla and Divya Dutta.
- Maan is married to Manjeet Maan and has one child, Gurickk G Maan who attends Yadavindra Public School and Mayo College. He also studied at Eton College.
- Aside from singing in Punjabi, Gurdas Maan is fluent in Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Haryanvi, and Rajasthani.
- Gurdas Maan showed up in Veer-Zaara with Shahrukh Khan and Preity Zinta.
- In a town of Karnal, Haryana, India on 20 January 2007 Maan was involved with an auto accident in which his Range Rover was hit and seriously damaged by a truck. Maan got away with minor wounds all over his hands and chest. His driver Ganesh received severe injuries but thankfully recuperated before long. This was the second auto crash of two that Gurdas Maan was engaged with.
- The first accident was a head-on crash between Maan’s vehicle and a truck on 9 January 2001 at a town close Rupnagar, Punjab. In this accident, Maan’s driver Tejpal kicked the bucket. Maan later confessed that his driver had requested that he wear his safety belt minutes before the accident. Maan believes that if he had not acted upon his driver’s instruction, he would have been dead too.
- As a keen sports fan, Gurdas was intrigued by the National Institute of Sports in the city, this encouraged him to join the N.I.S and gain a Masters Degree in Physical Education.
- Later, Gurdas Maan composed and played song “Baithi sade naal savari uter gayi” devoted to his driver, who was also his great friend.
- Maan is also a school instructor who holds a Masters certificate in Physical Education and a dark belt in Judo, who launched into the music world in 1982 with his first creation ‘Dil Da Mamla’.
- Gurdas Mann has for all intents and purposes held the establishment for the improvement of Punjabi esteems through his elocutionary ability and piercingly rich melodies. His ‘Apna Punjab Hove’ has turned into a veritable hymn for Punjabi individuals all through the world, and he stretches out his one of a kind ability to deferentially kick begin this collection.
- He participated in youth contests arranged by different colleges and won a few awards for his singing and acting, constantly encouraged by his friends. He participated in many sport competitions and won awards including a bronze at the National Championship and also got a dark belt in judo.
Gurdas Maan Education
Qualification: Masters Degree in Physical EducationDiploma Course in Sports Coaching
School: Yadavindra Public School, Patiala, Punjab, India
College: Graduation College - Not Known (Malout, Punjab)
Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala, India
Gurdas Maan Gallery
Gurdas Maan Career
Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Choreographer, Actor
Debut TV Series/Movie: Song: Dil Da Mamala Hai (1980)
Album: Chakkar (1984)
Film: Mamla Gadbad Hai (1984)
Salary: Not Available
Net Worth: Not Available
Bored? Watch video biography of Gurdas Maan
Family & Relatives
Father: Late Sardar Gurdev Singh Mann
Mother: Late Bibi Tej Kaur
Brother(s): Paramjit Bahia
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Manjeet Maan (Producer and Director of Indian Punjabi Films)
Son(s): Gurikk Maan (Punjabi Actor)
Gurdas Maan Favorites
Hobbies: Gymming, Yoga, Poetry
Favorite Actor: Guggu Gill
Favorite Food: Rajma chawal, Sarso Saag
Favorite Color: Black
Jeff Daniel Phillips Wish Jeff Daniel Phillips Happy Birthday
Brooklyn Queen Wish Brooklyn Queen Happy Birthday
Corinne Joy Wish Corinne Joy Happy Birthday
Alexa Swinton Wish Alexa Swinton Happy Birthday
Tom Cruise Wish Tom Cruise Happy Birthday
Aaleeyah Petty Wish Aaleeyah Petty Happy Birthday
Jason Genao Wish Jason Genao Happy Birthday
Mia McKenna-Bruce Wish Mia McKenna-Bruce Happy Birthday
Nathalia Ramos Wish Nathalia Ramos Happy Birthday
Sara Waisglass Wish Sara Waisglass Happy Birthday
Khesari Lal Yadav Wish Khesari Lal Yadav Happy Birthday