Babar Azam is a renowned Pakistani cricketer who typically plays for Pakistani cricket team under all three formats i.e. test, ODI and T20. He played for U19 team and A side prior strengthening his path for international cricket. Presently, Babar Azam is ranked on 7th number amongst ICC Top 100 batsmen for ODI.
Babar Azam captained U19 Pakistan cricket team at ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup 2012. He entails the record of scoring maximum runs after first 25 Innings of ODI by any batsman across the world. Babar Azam also entails the record of scoring maximum scores in an ODI series of three matches. He is currently on 1st number for T20I batsman and also entails the record of being fastest hitter to score 1,000 runs in only 26 innings in T20 cricket breaking the record of Virat Kohli for 27 innings.
Babar Azam was born in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan on 15th October 1994. He belongs to a Muslim Punjabi family. He rose up in Lahore, and initiated his domestic cricket there. He hails from a background in cricket, with 3 of his cousins having epitomized Pakistan cricket on international level.
In the year 2015, Babar Azam was elected for Pakistani ODI team for home series alongside Zimbabwe. On 31th May, he made his first ODI debut in 3rd ODI and scored a fascinating fifty of 54 runs out of 60 balls. In September 2015, Babar Azam was included in ODI squad against Zimbabwe though was not provided an opportunity to play in this series. Pakistan won this series by 2–1.
In the year 2016, Pakistan cricket team toured New Zealand. In the initial ODI match, Babar Azam scored 62 out of 76 balls. Pakistan lost this match by 70 runs. In the 3rd ODI, he scored an excellent 83 runs out of 77 balls. Although Pakistan lost this match, Babar was much appreciated by cricket professionals.
In the 5th ODI match series alongside England, Babar Azam batted in five matches and scored only 122 runs. Moreover, in the series against England, Pakistan played two ODI matches against Ireland. Azam scored 29 in the very first match with other ODI abandoned owing to rain. On 7th September, Pakistan won this series by 1–0. Babar Azam made his first International T20 debut for Pakistan alongside England. He scored an undefeated 15 runs out of 11 balls. Pakistan won this match as well as the series.
|Babar Azam Bio Data|
|Full Name||Mohammad Babar Azam|
|Nickname/Alternative Name||Babar Sher|
|Age (as of 2019)||24 years old|
|Date of Birth||15 October 1994|
|Birthplace||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Hometown||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Babar Azam Academic Profile|
|Babar Azam HD Photos||
|Babar Azam Career and Net Worth|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
Test- 13 October 2016 Vs West Indies
|Net Worth||Not Available|
|Family & Relatives|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||134 Pounds|
|Weight in KG||62 Kg|
|Height in Feet||5 feet 11 inches|
|Height in Meter||1.80 m|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies & Other Activities|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Not Available|
|Favorite Actress||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Not Available|
|Babar Azam Social Media|
Mohammad Babar Azam is pretty active in Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Ultay Kaam | Episode One with Babar Azam and Imam ul Haq
Some Interesting Facts About Babar Azam
- In ICC U-19 World Cup 2012, Babar Azam was elected as captain to lead Pakistan cricket team.
- Babar Azam is first cousin of renowned Pakistan cricketers Umar Akmal and Kamran Akmal.
- In May 2015, He made his first international debut in 3rd ODI alongside Zimbabwe at Lahore.
- In 2015, all through the first ODI series against England at Abu Dhabi, Babar showed an outstanding example of fielding by a knockout from Moeen Ali’s bat at shorter midwicket.
- He was anticipated to make his T20 debut by away of appearing in Asia Cup 2016 and WT20I 2016 though got injured and was substituted by Sharjeel Khan.
- All through three ODI series against West Indies in UAE, Babar Azam emerged as third Pakistani batsman to hit three successive centuries after Saeed Anwar and Zaheer Abbas.
- He mainly plays in all three formats for Pakistan National Cricket Team.
- Babar Azam played as Right-handed batsman and Right-arm off break bowler.
- He is popular Top Order Batsman. He was made his international cricket debut Test match against West Indies in 13 October 2016.
- He is very talented and most popular batsman of Pakistan. Babar Azam has played in many International & Domestic cricket match and gained popularity for his performance.