Full Name:Shanthakumaran Sreesanth
Profession:Indian Cricketer (Bowler)
Age (as of 2019):36 years old
Date of Birth:6 February 1983
Birthplace:Kothamangalam, Kerala, India
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 ft 11 inches (1.80 m)
Weight:80 kg (176 lbs)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Sreesanth is a famous Indian cricket who was born in Kothamangalam, Kerala, India on 2nd February, 1983. He was predominantly a bowler and bowled medium fast right handed bowling.
Sreesanth initiated his career as a spinner though afterwards changed to a fast bowler. In the year 2000, former player Tinu Yohannan assisted him to be nominated in National Cricket Academy. Sreesanth’s performance soon raised him a place in Kerala Ranji team alongside Goa in season 2002-03. He was nominated for South Zone too in Duleep Champions Trophy after taking 22 wickets in Ranji tournament.
Sreesanth returned back a year after recovering from cramping injury and took hat-trick against Himachal Pradesh. In 2005, he made his debut in one day international against England where he resisted taking wickets.
In March 2006, He made his test debut once again fronting England in the opposition. He picked four wickets in this match, all of them in first innings. He was unobserved by cricket fans until or unless the higher voltage series alongside Pakistan in the year 2006 in which he captured Man of the Match in 5th match after picking up 5 wickets. In 2006, Sreesanth afterwards helped Indian team to win their first test in South African soil after he picked 5 wickets to power the Protease to pack out at 84. Although he gave poor performance in ICC World T20 2017, he is recalled as the player who took the memorable catch of Misbah ul Haq in final, and assisted India to lift the title.
Sreesanth was eloquent on fielding and had received a number of warnings for his behavior while on the field both by the ICC and BCCI. He tickled the crowd by his dancing moves too, which afterwards cost him the match fees. He persisted away from cricket ensuing injuries after the year 2008 and made some guest presences on the field after that. His engrossment in Indian Premier League Spot Fixing incident 2013 cost him the cricket career, after that he was disqualified for lifetime by the BCCI. Sreesanth also played for Kings XI Punjab, Kerala in Ranji Trophy, Rajasthan Royals in the IPL and Kochi Tuskers Kerala.
Facts You Never Knew About S. Sreesanth!
- In the beginning, Sreesanth was a spinner and regarded Anil Kumble as his role model, though his Yorkers changed him into a seamer afterward.
- While in the year 2006, Sreesanth amended his name to Sreesunth owing to the decline in his form, though he afterwards changed it to Sreesanth on account of some sentimental reasons.
- Sreesanth always had a huge passion for dance and after being banned of cricket, he started moving his limbs in a dancing reality show titled Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.
- In the year 2015, he opened his own shop in Kochi named “The Sports Store”.
- In July 2015, Patiala House Court cleared him of higher profile IPL match fixing costs.
- In the year 2016, the Sreesanth formally joined Bhartiya Janata Party and was called the party’s contender from Thiruvananthapuram citizenry for assembly polls. Unluckily, he could not taste the success in his new career.
S. Sreesanth Education
School: Not Known
S. Sreesanth Gallery
S. Sreesanth Career
Profession: Indian Cricketer (Bowler)
Net Worth: 7.5 Crore Indian Rupees
Family & Relatives
Father: Santhakumaran Nair
Mother: Savithri Devi
Brother(s): Dipu Santhan
Sister(s): Nivedita, Divya
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Bhuvneshwari Kumari
Daughter(s): Sree Sanvika
S. Sreesanth Favorites
Favorite Actor: Shahrukh Khan
Favorite Actress: Deepika Padukone
Favorite Food: South Indian Food.
Favorite Destination: London
Favorite Color: Blue