Tabu is a popular Indian movie actress who performed in a number of movies of different languages like Hindi, Tamil, English, Telugu; Marathi, Malayalam, and Bengali movies. She is considered amongst the top Paid actress of Indian film Industry. Tabu is presently 48 years old and was born in Hyderabad, India on 4th November 1971. She has received two National Film Awards as well as six Filmfare Awards, covering a recorded four Critic Awards for the best actress. Tabu was also awarded with Padma Shri Award by Indian government in the year 2011. Her complete name is Tabassum Fatima Hashmi and Tabu is her nickname.
Tabu made her first debut with the movie “Hum Naujawan” as a child star. She worked in a number of megahit movies including Virasat, Kaalapaani, Hu Tu Tu, Kandukondain Kandukondain, Chandni Bar, Astitva, Cheeni Kum, Maqbool, Drishyam, Andhadhun and Haider. Tabu has also played supporting and leading roles in numerous commercially successful movies, including Vijaypath, Coolie No.1, Jeet, Ninne Pelladata, Border, Saajan Chale Sasural, Biwi No.1, Chachi 420 etc.
Tabu is a commercially famous actress all across India. Her net worth is $7 million and her salary is 3 to 4 crore rupees for a single movie. She completed her graduation in electronics from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. She was born to Jamal Hashmi her father and Rizwana her mother in Hyderabad. Tabu was born in a Muslim family. Her parents divorced very soon after her birth. Tabu’s mother was a school teacher and her parental grandparents were also retired teachers who ran a school. Her grandfather named Mohammed Ahsan was a Mathematics professor, and her grandma was English Literature professor. She is the niece of Tanvi Azmi, Baba Azmi and Shabana Azmi as well as the younger sister of famous actress Farah Naaz. Tabu can fluently speak Urdu, Telugu, English and Hindi. She has an elder sister named Farah Naaz. Tabu is Muslim by religion and she is an Indian nationality holder. Tabu’s current marital status is unmarried. She had affairs with a number of Bollywood actors like Sanjay Kapoor, Sajid Nadiadwala and Akkineni Nagarjuna.
|Tabu Bio Data|
|Full Name||Tabassum Fatima|
|Age (as of 2019)||47 years old|
|Date of Birth||November 4, 1971|
|Hometown||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Current Residence||Anukul, 2nd Floor, 7 Bungalows, Andheri West, Mumbai - 400 058|
|Tabu Academic Profile|
|Qualification||Graduate in Electronics|
|School||St. Ann's High School, Hyderabad|
|College/University||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
|Tabu HD Photos||
|Tabu Career and Net Worth|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
Bollywood Film – Bazaar (1982)
|Salary||1-2 INR Crore Per Film|
|Net Worth||$275 million|
|Family & Relatives|
|Mother||Rizwana (school teacher)|
|Sister||Farah Naaz (elder Sister, actress)|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||143 lbs|
|Weight in KG||65 kg|
|Height in Feet||5 feet 8 inches|
|Height in Meter||1.74 m|
|Body Measurements||34-28-37 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies & Other Activities|
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing Poems, Collecting Perfumes|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Roger Federer, Sanjeev Kumar|
|Favorite Actress||Salma Hayek, Sania Mirza|
|Favorite Female Singer||Shreya Ghoshal|
|Favorite Destination||Goa, Paris|
|Favorite Color||Black, Blue, White|
|Favorite Cars||Toyota Fortuner, Jaguar XF|
|Tabu Social Media|
Some Interesting Facts About Tabu
- Only a few individuals are familiar with the fact that Tabu is the niece of cinematographer Baba Azmi and legendary actress Shabana Azmi.
- Tabu never done any experiment on her hairs, they are in similar style and color since she started acting.
- Tabu is a fitness freak; she regularly practices Yoga and goes to gym.
- She was bestowed with Padma Shri by the Government of India in the year 2011.
- His Full name is Tabassum Fatima Hashmi
- Tabu went to St. Anns High school in Hyderabad city. After that, she settled in Mumbai in the year1983 and completed her studies from St. Xavier’s College for 2 years.
- Her first released Hindi movie as a leading woman was Pehla Pehla Pyar, which went unobserved.
- In the year 1999, Tabu appeared in two multi-starrer successful movies; Hum Saath-Saath Hain and Biwi No.1. These movies were the first and second megahits of that respective year.