Vinod Khanna was one of the greatest actors Hindi cinema has produced. He was not just an actor, he had a persona of his own. He was born on 6 October 1946 in Peshawar (present-day Pakistani city). Aside from being a great Indian actor and producer, he later decided to become a politician. He became Minister of Parliament for the Gurdaspur constituency for two periods.
A villain, a celebrity, a sanyasi and a politician, Vinod Khanna, also known as”the monk who sold his Mercedes” along with Swami Vinod Bharti, succumbed to cancer at age 70. Considered among the best looking actors in Bollywood, Khanna became famous with the audience and was featured in numerous lead roles.
While at the boarding school, he fell in love with motion films after watching Mughal-e-Azam. After graduating from Sydenham College with a commerce degree, he embarked on his film career.
Before he became popular for the cop characters, Khanna, who’s famous for his distinct style and character, made quite an impression as a scowling dacait in several flicks. Legend has it that when Sunil Dutt saw Vinod Khanna for the first time, he was fascinated with the young guy because he was from Peshawar (current day-Pakistan). Dutt made a decision to launch Khanna along with his younger brother Sunil Dutt in their own home production Person ka Meet (1968).
|Vinod Khanna Bio Data||Description|
|Full Name||Vinod Khanna|
|Nickname/Alternative Name||Sexy Sanyasi|
|Date of Birth||6 October 1946|
|Birthplace||27 April 2017|
|Date of Death||27 April 2017 (aged 70)|
|Vinod Khanna Academic Profile|
|Qualification||Degree in Commerce|
|School||St. Mary's School, Mumbai
St. Xavier's High School, Fort, Mumbai
Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, Delhi
Barnes School, Deolali, Nashik
|College/University||Sydenham College, Delhi|
|Vinod Khanna HD Photos||
|Vinod Khanna Career and Net Worth|
|Profession||Actor, producer, politician|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
|Net Worth||Not Available|
|Family & Relatives|
|Wife/Girlfriend||Gitanjali (m.1971-1985) Kavita Daftary, Businesswoman (m.1990-present)|
|Father||Kishanchand Khanna (Textiles Businessman)|
Amrita Singh, Actress
|Son(s)||Rahul Khanna (Elder), Akshaye Khanna (Both Actors), Sakshi Khanna (Son from present wife)|
|Daughter(s)||Shraddha Khanna (Daughter from present wife)|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||194 lbs|
|Weight in KG||88 kg|
|Height in Feet||5’ 10”|
|Height in Meter||1.78 m|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies & Other Activities|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Dilip Kumar, Marlon Brando|
|Favorite Actress||Prakash Mehra, Mahmohan Desai, Raj Khosla, Feroz Khan|
Some Interesting Facts About Vinod Khanna
- One of the most good looking actors of his time, Vinod Khanna starred in many blockbusters of his time.
- Vinod Khanna, who was born into a business family in 1946 in Peshawar (now in Pakistan) has appeared in approximately 141 films.
- Vinod Khanna, who is known for his distinct style and persona, started his film career with negative roles.
- Vinod debuted in Sunil Dutt’s 1968 film Man Ka Meet as a villain.
- Vinod, who started his movie career by doing supporting and negative roles, also shared screen space with many big superstars of his time.
- Vinod Khanna returned to rule the silver screen again in the late ’80s and early ’90s. Apparently, Vinod Khanna was the second highest paid Hindi actor from 1987-1994.