What to look at besides weekly pay when choosing a contract?

  • This topic is empty.
  • Author
    Posts
  • Maxxx17
    October 1, 2026 at 12:52 pm #384873

    Hey there, I used to compare travel contracts mostly by weekly pay, but over time I realized there’s a lot more that matters. Housing costs, location, schedule, benefits, licensing support, and even how responsive your recruiter is can completely change the experience. A slightly lower-paying contract can sometimes be the better deal overall. I’ve found https://tlcallied.com/ useful for exploring allied health opportunities and getting support with things like housing and licensing. My advice is to compare the whole package, not just the number at the top.

    Reply
    Agara0212
    October 1, 2026 at 1:47 pm #384881

    Housing is a big one for me. A higher weekly rate doesn’t mean much if short-term rent in that city eats up most of the difference. I always check local housing prices before getting too excited about an offer.

    Reply
    Helen09
    October 1, 2026 at 1:47 pm #384882

    Housing is a big one for me. A higher weekly rate doesn’t mean much if short-term rent in that city eats up most of the difference. I always check local housing prices before getting too excited about an offer.

    Reply
    AlexForest
    October 1, 2026 at 1:49 pm #384883

    I’d add schedule and location to the list. Having a reasonable commute and shifts that work for you can make a huge difference over 13 weeks. Pay matters, but quality of life does too.

    Reply
    Nikky
    October 1, 2026 at 1:54 pm #384884

    Housing is a big one for me. A higher weekly rate doesn’t mean much if short-term rent in that city eats up most of the difference. I always check local housing prices before getting too excited about an offer.

    Reply
Reply To:

What to look at besides weekly pay when choosing a contract?

Your information: