Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 feet 9 inches (1.75 m)|
|Weight||61 kg (135 lbs)|
|Dress Size||6 (US)|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Known For||Casablanca as Ilsa Lund (Film 1942), Notorious as Alicia Huberman (Film 1946)|
|Full Name||Real Name|
|Date of Birth||29 August 1915|
|Date of Death||29 August 1982|
|Place of Death||Chelsea, London, England, UK|
Ingrid Bergman was a renowned actress of Sweden who appeared in a number of American and European movies. She was bestowed with a number of honors, comprising off two Primetime Emmy Awards, three Academy Awards, four Golden Globe Awards, a Tony Award and a BAFTA Award. She is mainly recognized for her remarkable roles as Alicia Huberman in Notorious and Ilsa Lund in Casablanca.
Ingrid Bergman was born on August 29, 1915 in in Stockholm, Sweden. She was born to a German mother and Swedish father, and initiated her career in German and Swedish movies in 1930s. Her institution to American spectators came with her featuring role in English remaking of Intermezzo. At her tenacity, filmmaker David O. Selznick decided not to sign her for an agreement for four movies, instead of then-average seven-year time-period, also at her tenacity till after Intermezzo had been launched. Selznick’s monetary problems indicated that Ingrid Bergman was frequently lent to other studios. Aside from Casablanca, her performances from this time period comprise off Victor Fleming’s recreation of Mr. Hyde and Dr. Jekyll, Gaslight, For Whom the Bell Tolls as well as The Bells of St. Mary’s. Her last movies for Selznick were Notorious and Spellbound. Her final movie was Under Capricorn for Hitchcock.
After an era in American movies, Ingrid Bergman appeared in Roberto Rossellini’s film titled Stromboli, pursuing the exposure that she was having an adulterous affair with the film director. This affair and afterwards marriage to Rossellini formed a scandal in United States that compelled her to stay in Europe for many years, after which she made a comeback to appear in Anastasia for Hollywood studio, for which she received her 2nd Academy Award. Even though she appeared in a number of Hollywood movies in following years, they all were shot within Europe, and she did not appear in Hollywood again till 1969.
In accordance with St. James Encyclopedia of Prevalent Culture, Ingrid Bergman rapidly emerged as the “Ideal of American womanhood” as well as a contestant for Hollywood’s paramount leading actress. In the U.S, Ingrid Bergman is considered to have carried a “Nordic sparkle and vitality” to the silver screen, accompanied by intelligence and exceptional beauty; David O. Selznick once titled her “the most conscientious actress”. In the year1999, the American Film Institute positioned Ingrid as the 4th female screen star of Hollywood Cinema.
Ingrid Bergman's Photos Gallery
Ingrid Bergman Career
Known For: Casablanca as Ilsa Lund (Film 1942), Notorious as Alicia Huberman (Film 1946)
Landskamp (Film 1932)
Net Worth: Worth
Family & Relatives
Father: Justus Samuel Bergman
Mother: Friedel Bergman
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Lars Schmidt
Son(s): Renato Roberto Giusto Giuseppe Rossellini
Daughter(s): Pia Lindström , Isotta Rossellini , Isabella Rossellini
Facts You Never Knew About Ingrid Bergman!
- In the year1939, Ingrid Bergman starred in her first American movie titled “Intermezzo”. She portrayed the role of Anita Hoffman alongside Leslie Howard.
- In the year 1946, she portrayed Joan of Arc under Broadway production, “Joan of Lorraine”. She received critical acclamation for her role that was one of her excellent ever.
- The name of her first daughter was PIA which was an abbreviation of Peter, her husband.
- In the year 1976, she starred with one of her twin daughter named Isabella in “Matter of Time”.
- Not only Ingrid Bergman was a brilliant actress, though was a multi-lingual too. Ingrid worked in 5 different languages English, Swedish, German, Italian and French.