|Age||30 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||18 April 1992|
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 feet 11 inches (1.80 m)|
|Weight||74 kg (163 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Nickname||K L Rahul|
|Full Name||Kannur Lokesh Rahul|
|Profession||Cricketer (Batsman and Wicket-keeper)|
|Birthplace||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
KL Rahul is an Indian cricketer who was born in Mangalore, Karnataka, India. He is a tall and handsome right-handed batsman and a good wicketkeeper as well.
He is considered amongst the top-rated batsmen. He first came into the limelight after he was encompassed in ICC Under-19 World Cup 2010. A year later, he initiated his career with first-class cricket by signifying Karnataka. It took him several years to develop himself on a first-class level. He was contributory in Karnataka winning Ranji Trophy 2013-14. He scored 1033 runs in the same year counting 3 centuries to his name. This helped him to an agreement worth 1 crore with IPL Sunrises Hyderabad.
Rahul is a steadfast performer for his nation and was contrasted with adores of mythical Rahul Dravid. He was ultimately included in the international squad once India toured Australia in the year 2014. He scored a fantastic century in his introductory season and after that has been capable of retaining his position in the test cricket.
Until IPL 2016, KL Rahul was being observed as a test expert where he was moved to Royal Challengers Bangalore from Sunrises Hyderabad. He initiated to open his inning along with Chris Gayle and was contributory in his team approaching the final of that particular tournament. In 2016, this outing at IPL developed him into One Day International set up and made his first debut once India toured Zimbabwe in the year 2016. He scored a hundred on debut and validated that he can be contributory in shorter setups too.
Rahul scored a fantastic century in T20I alongside West Indies wherein India closely pulled out an agonizing chase. Hence, he emerged as one of those players who scored a century in all game forms. An injury on shoulder kept him away for the key tournaments of 2017.
In 2018, he was a hot player in IPL too and was tied in by Kings XI Punjab for a total of INR 11 crores. He has a younger sister named Bhavna. He is formerly in a romantic relationship with renowned model Elixir Nahar. He was even linked with model cum actress Nidhi Aggarwal.
KL Rahul Education
|Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce|
|School||NITK English Medium School, Surathkal|
|College||Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College, Bengaluru|
KL Rahul Career
Profession: Cricketer (Batsman and Wicket-keeper)
Test- 26 December 2014 vs Australia in Melbourne
Family & Relatives
Father: KN Lokesh (Dean)
Mother: Rajeshwari (Professor)
Marital Status: Single
Elixir Nahar (Model)
KL Rahul Favorites
Hobbies: Having tattoos, playing tennis and listening music
Favorite Actress: Linkin Park
Favorite Food: Japanese food, sea food and dosa
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About KL Rahul!
- Is KL Rahul addicted to smoking?: Not Known
- Is KL Rahul alcoholic?: Yes
- He belongs to a middle-class Mangalorean family with background in teaching.
- Rahul’s father was a big fan of Sunil Gavaskar and mixed the name of his son Rohan as Rahul and hence called his son Rahul.
- He always used to be a roguish yet reserved as a child.
- KL Rahul’s father used to be the administrator of his school, and he always took it for granted by way of taking certain benefits like wearing casual shoes, colouring his hair etc.
- In his premature professional days in cricket, he desired to grow long hair though his trainer advised him that you can have long hair after attaining some particular things in your cricket career.
- He considers Rahul Dravid as his idol of cricket.