Lionel Messi Cuccittini is a famous Argentine footballer. He was born on 24th June 1987 in Rosario, Argentina to Jorge Lorenzo Márquez Pedrosa. Lionel plays for Argentina national team and Barcelona as a forward. He also own Spanish nationality, meaning he can also play for Spanish football team. He is massively recognized by many critics and experts as the leading football player of the era. Lionel Messi has five Ballon d’Or awards and also awarded with FIFA World Player of the year 2009.
Lionel Messi started football at a very young age and his talent was rapidly observed by Barcelona. He left Old Newell’s Boys’ youth team in the year 2000 and settled with his family in Europe to play for Barcelona. They afterward moved towards Spain as Barcelona provided treatment for his growth hormonal insufficiency.
Lionel Messi started in 2004–2005 season, and scored his very first goal on 1st May 2005 counter to Albacete from a contribution by Ronaldinho. Lionel first good season was in 2006–2007 season; he finally turned into a first team regular, by way of three consecutive scores in El Clásico. Lionel Messi scored 14 goals in 26 games. Messi’s most prosperous season was 2008–2009. Wherein, he scored 38 goals. In 2009–2010, he scored 47 goals in all league games.
In 2005, Lionel Messi decided to play for his native country, Argentina. He headed the team in final game of 2005 U-20 World Cup counter to Nigeria, which ended in 2–1 Argentine success. Along with gold medal, Messi was honored with Golden Shoe for maximum goals scored, as well as Golden Ball for best player.
On 26th June, Argentina another time lost to Chile on penalties in Copa América Centenario after a tie for 0–0. In shootout, Lionel Messi missed his penalty. That was Messi’s 3rd consecutive defeat in an important final tournament with Argentina. A day after his match, Messi declared his retirement from international football.
|Lionel Messi Bio Data||Description|
|Full Name||Lionel Andrés Messi|
|Nickname/Alternative Name||La Pulga|
|Age (as of 2019)||31 years old|
|Date of Birth||June 24, 1987|
|Lionel Messi Academic Profile|
|School||Las Heras for elementary school|
|Lionel Messi HD Photos||
|Lionel Messi Career and Net Worth|
|Known For||Soccer Player|
|Net Worth||$400 million|
|Family & Relatives|
|Wife/Girlfriend||Antonella Roccuzzo (2007-Present)|
|Mother||Celia María Cuccittini|
|Brother(s)||Rodrigo Messi,Matias Messi|
|Sister||Maria Sol Messi|
|Son(s)||Thiago Messi Roccuzzo,Mateo Messi Roccuzzo,Ciro Messi Roccuzzo|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||160 lbs|
|Weight in KG||68 kg|
|Height in Feet||5 feet 7 inches|
|Height in Meter||1.69 m|
|Shoe Size||10 US|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies & Other Activities|
|Hobbies||Playing football, Watching Movies, Video games Watching TV series Swimming|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Male Singer(s)||Justin Bieber|
|Favorite Female Singer||Adele|
|Favorite Food||Escalope Milanese, Salad|
|Favorite Sport||Soccer, football, American Football Volleyball|
|Lionel Messi Social Media|
Some Interesting Facts About Lionel Messi
- Lionel Messi shared his place of birth with Argentinean rebellious Che Guevera.
- Messi was diagnosed with a growth hormonal inefficiency which was preventing his average growth rate at age of 11. His parents were unable to afford his treatment, which was more than $900 for a month.
- Lionel Messi made his league debut beside RCD Espanyol when he was 17 years old; he became the 3rd youngest player to play for Barcelona. At that point, Messi was also the youngest person to score for Barcelona.
- Between his endorsements and contract, he makes approximately $ for each day.
- Messi was the first Argentine player to be titled FIFA World Player of the Year.
- Lionel Messi is the first player in the history to win 4 Ballons d’Ors awards, which he won sequentially; He is the first player to win 3 European Golden Shoe awards.
- Messi’s international debut continued only for 47 seconds. He received a red card while coming on as a replacement.
- Lionel Messi was offered a place in Spanish national team but he did not accept this offer.