Nayanthara – Biography, Facts & Life Story
Her Social Media Profiles
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Body Measurements||34-26-34 Inches|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m)|
|Weight||117 lbs (53 Kg)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Nickname||Lady Superstar, Nayantara, Nayan and Mani|
|Age||38 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||18 November 1984|
|Full Name||Diana Mariam Kurian|
|Birthplace||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
Nayanthara is an uprising Indian movie actress who predominantly appears in Tamil movies. In the year 2003, she made her first acting debut with a Malayalam movie titled Manassinakkare together with Jayaram. Nayanthara made her Telegu debut with the movie Lakshmi and Tamil debut with Ayya. Both were superhit on Indian box office. Hereafter, she had a number of commercially and critically hit Telugu and Tamil movies like Chandramukhi, Tulasi, Dubai Seenu, Yaaradi Nee Mohini, Billa, Adhurs, Aadhavan, Boss Engira Bhaskaran, Simha, Raja Rani, Sri Rama Rajyam, Thani Oruvan, Arrambam, Naanum Rowdy Dhaan, Maya, Iru Mugan and Babu Bangaram.
In the year 2010, Nayanthara also made her Kannada movie debut with Telugu- Kannada multilingual movie Super, her only presence in a Kannada movie to date. Her depiction of Sita in the movie Sri Rama Rajyam earned her Nandi Award for the Best Actress as well as Filmfare Award for the Best Telugu Actress. Nayanthara was bestowed with Filmfare Award for the Best Tamil Actress for her remarkable acting in the movies Naanum Rowdy dhan, Aramm and Raja Rani. Kochi Times included her in the list of 15 Most Desired Women of 2014.
In the year 2017, Nayanthara was honored with Filmfare Award for the Best Malayalam Actress for her role in the movie Puthiya Niyamam, earmarking her first Malayalam Filmfare award. Nayanthara is the part of numerous mega budget movies. She is working for Chiranjeevi’s Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy and Ajith’s Viswasam. She has also signed a Malayalam movie titled Love Action Drama, wherein she will appear together with Nivin Pauly.
Nayanthara was born in Bengaluru, India on 18th November, 1984. She was born to Omana Kurian and Kurian Kodiyattu who hail from a noble Kodiyatt family. She has an elder brother named Leno who lives in United Arab Emirates. As Nayanthara’s father was associated with Indian Air Force, she studied in numerous parts of India, predominantly in North India. She completed her schooling in Gujarat, Jamnagar and Delhi. She attended Balikamadom Girls Higher Secondary School and afterwards joined Marthoma College, Thiruvalla with the intention of earning her bachelor’s degree with a major in English Literature.
Nayanthara has worked in Darbar, and Jawan.
Qualification: Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
School: Balikamadom Girls High School, Thiruvalla
College: Mar Thoma College, Tiruvalla
Known For: Famous for starring in (Annaatthe)
Film Debut: Manassinakkare (2003)
Salary: 3 crores/film (INR)
Net Worth: $10 Million Approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Kurian Kodiyattu
Mother: Omana Kurian
Brother: Lenu Kurian
Marital Status: Single
- Silambarasan a.k.a Simbu (Actor)
- Prabhu Deva (Dancer and Director)
- Vignesh (Director)
Hobbies: Reading, long driving and listening music
Favorite Movie: Pokiri, Billa and Yaradi Nee Mohin
Favorite Destination: Canada
Favorite Food: North Indian food
Favorite Color: Black
Favorite Pets: Cat
Facts You Never Knew About Nayanthara
- Is Nayanthara addicted to smoking?: No
- Is Nayanthara alcoholic?: Not Known
- She was born to a traditional Syrian Malayali Christian family, though in 2011, she transformed to Hinduism at Aarya Samaj Temple Chennai.
- As Nayanthara’s father was associated with Indian Air Force, she grown up in different cities of India, like Gujarat, Chennai and Delhi.
- Nayanthara was the first runner-up in Best Model 2003 in Kerela.
- All through her college days, director Sathyan Anthikkad noticed her and afterwards casted her in a Malayalam film.
- Her 2005’s movie titled Chandramukhi was such a megahit that it was the lengthiest running South Indian movie with more than 800 days at Theaters.
- Nayanthara got her revolutionary role as Goddess Seetha in the movie Sri Rama Rajyam for which she received Nandi and filmfare Award.
- If not an actress, then Nayanthara would have been a Professional Chartered Accountant.