Full NameSalma Hayek Jiménez
ProfessionActress, Director, Producer
Age (as of 2019)53 years old
Date of BirthSeptember 2, 1966
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height5 feet 2 inches (1.57 m)
Weight56 kg (123 lbs)
Body Measurements39-24-36 inches
Favorite FoodMexican, French
Favorite ColorBlue, Purple
Salma Hayek is a famous American and Mexican film actress as well as a film producer. She initiated her career in Mexico featuring in Telenovela Teresa and appeared in the movie titled Miracle Alley for which she was elected for Ariel Award. In the year 1991, Salma Hayek starred in Hollywood and came into limelight with roles in movies like From Dusk till Dawn, Desperado, Dogma and Wild West.
Salma’s major breakthrough was in 2002 movie titled Frida, as a Mexican portraitist named Frida Kahlo, for which she was elected for the Best Actress for Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, BAFTA Award as well as Screen Actors Guild Award. The movie received immense fame and was a commercial and critical success.
Salma Hayek also bestowed with Daytime Emmy Award for her Magnificent Directing in a Youth/Children/Family Special for The Maldonado Miracle and also won a Primetime Emmy Award as an Excpetional Guest Actress in a Comedy Serial after guest-featuring in ABC TV comic-drama titled Ugly Betty. Salma also guest-featured in NBC comic series titled 30 Rock from the year 2009 to 2013. In the year 2017, she was elected for Sovereign Spirit Award for her remarkable act in Beatriz at Dinner.
Salma Hayek’s recent movies include Puss in Boots, Grown Ups, Tale of Tales, The Hitman’s Bodyguard and Grown Ups 2.
Salma Hayek was born in Coatzacoalcos, Mexico on 2nd September, 1966. Her father, named Sami Hayek, is a Lebanese Mexican, hails from Baabdat city, Lebanon. Her father also deals with an industrial-equipment establishment and also an oil company supervisor in Mexico who once loped for the mayor of Coatzacoalcos city. Her mom named Diana Jiménez Medina, is a talent scout and an opera songster, and is Spanish of Mexican descent. Her brother named Sami is a renowned furniture designer.
Salma Hayek grew up in a devout, affluent Catholic Roman family. At her 12 years of age, she was sent to Academy of the Sacred Heart located in Grand Coteau, Louisiana. During in schooling days, she was spotted with dyslexia. She joined Universidad of Iberoamericana wherein she studied for International Relations. In a recent interview with V magazine, Salma Hayek stated that she was once an illegitimate migrant in USA, though it was not for an extended time period.
Facts You Never Knew About Salma Hayek!
- Salma name means “calm” or “Peace” in Arabic.
- She was upraised in a Catholic home by her Lebanese father and Spanish mother prior she found recognition in Hollywood.
- As a kid, Salma’s grandmother frequently shaved her eyebrows and head just because she believed it would make her hair to grow glossier, darker and thicker.
- After having appeared in the movie titled Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory in a local theatre, Hayek decided to become an actress.
- Salma’s most favorite movies are The Graduate, It Happened One Night, Casablanca and Gone with the Wind.
- She played a stripper in two movies: “From Dusk Till Dawn” and “Dogma”.
- Salma’s on-screen sex scenes with veteran actor Colin Farrell in the movie titled “Ask The Dust” won her highly demanded Best Nude Scene Award of the year 2006.
|Salma Hayek Education|
|Salma Hayek Gallery|
|Salma Hayek Career|
|Profession||Actress, Director, Producer|
|Net Worth||$7 billion|
|Family & Relatives|
|Husband/Boyfriend||François-Henri Pinault (m. 2009)|
|Mother||Diana Jiménez Medina|
|Brother(s)||Sami Hayek Jr|
|Daughter(s)||Valentina Paloma Pinault|