Meet Muskan Khan ‘Sherni’ Indian brave Muslim student whose video is going viral on social media

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Bibi Muskan Khan, a Mandya college girl who entered the campus wearing a burqa, was harassed by students wearing saffron scarves. As the boys shouted slogans of Jai Shree Ram, Khan shouted ‘Allahu Akbar’ (God is greatest). Here’s the video which got viral on social media.

The video gained a lot of support and awareness. Pakistani celebrities like Faysal Qureshi, Asad Siddiqui, Feroze Khan, Anoushey Ashraf, and other stars have expressed their respect and support for her to stand against injustice. Muskan told India Today TV what had happened during the incident. “I was going to college to submit an assignment. There were some people who were not letting me go to college because I was wearing a burqa. They were asking me to remove the burqa and then go inside.” She said she was just passing by the men with saffron scarves protesting against the hijab when “they started shouting slogans, Jai Shri Ram. So, I shouted ‘Allahu Akbar’. That’s it.”

She added that “Lots of boys were standing. They were just screaming. They were showing fingers… I was a little scared. Then I saw principal and professor and felt okay”.

Both #Muskan and #Allahoakbar are trending on social media as more people show support for the brave young woman who stood alone, fighting for her rights. To stand up for your beliefs is always respected, but to do it when faced with vehement opposition and threats of violence is even more awe-inspiring. As news of the hijab ban spreads, more people are rightfully calling on the Indian authorities to prevent policing what women wear. Wearing the hijab or not is their will, and they should be allowed the opportunity to exercise that choice.

Reply To:

Meet Muskan Khan ‘Sherni’ Indian brave Muslim student whose video is going viral on social media

Your information: