Full Name:Alanis Morissette
Age:45 years old (in 2020)
Date of Birth:June 1, 1974
Birthplace:Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 ft 4 inches (1.63 m)
Weight:53 kg (117 pounds)
Body Measurements:37-27-37 inches
Dress Size:8 (US)
Hair Color:Dark Brown
Alanis Morissette is a famous American- Canadian singer, record producer, songwriter, as well as an actress. She was born in Ottawa, Canada, on June 1, 1974. Alanis’ name is a female version of her Dad’s name, Alan. Her mom’s name is Georgia and she has two siblings named Wade and Chad. At her 6 years of age, Alanis Morissette learned how to play piano and at age 21, she learned to play guitar. In the year 1986, Morissette composed a song titled Fate Stay With Me. She recorded two musical albums as a pop-dance singer within Canada: Now Is The Time and Alanis. At 18 years of age, she settled in Toronto and worked with a number of songwriters and musicians, though this partnership didn’t work at all.
In the year 1994, Alanis Morissette ultimately found a perfect partner: songwriter and producer named Glen Ballard, who had already associated with numerous artists, involving Michael Jackson, Barbra Streisand and Aretha Franklin. Afterwards, she settled in LA at 19 years of her age. On 13th June 1995 the album “Jagged Little Pill” was released thru Madonna’s Maverick Records. Alanis Morissette had originated an autobiographical, enormously personal approach to write songs. JLP has sold around 30 million copies across the world, turning into the top selling feminine album as well as the 3rd top selling music album of all the times.
After enduring emotional conflicts and a tour to India, Alanis Morissette reverted with the song titled Uninvited, for City of Angels soundtrack on 31st March 1998. In the following year the album “Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie” was on the rampage. Alanis Morissette directed the musical videos Unsent and So Pure and Joining You from SFIJ. In the year 1999, she portrayed the role of God in the film Dogma and teamed up with the song “Still”. In the year1999, she also composed MTV Unplugged album. In the year 2000, Alanis Morissette appeared in a Broadway show titled The Vagina Monologues.
Facts You Never Knew About Alanis Morissette!
- Alanis Morissette was born to a Canadian French father named Alan Richard Morissette and a Hungarian Mom named Georgia Mary Ann Feuerstein.
- She has an elder brother named Chad, and a twin brother named Wade.
- Alanis attended Glebe Collegiate Foundation located in Ottawa, Ontario.
- She has met Maverick Records leader Madonna only one or two times. When Serrated Little Pill hit across 1 million sales mark, Madonna provided Morissette a platinum nail enamel to celebrate.
- Alanis Morissette phoned Mother Teresa a day before she died wishing to volunteer, though she was sleeping. Not needing to wake her up, Alanis stated she would call back her another time.
- On 8th March 1996, she was named “Alanis Morissette Day” in Ottawa, Canada by the mayor of that time.
- In spring 2001, Alanis Morissette was the financial backer of Broadway music “Jane Eyre”.
- She started to play piano at her 6 years of age.
- In order to celebrate their one year centenary, Alanis and her boyfriend named Ryan Reynolds wear similar rings in their 4th fingers of right hands.
Alanis Morissette Education
School: Holy Family Catholic School
Alanis Morissette Gallery
Alanis Morissette Career
Net Worth: $45 Million
Family & Relatives
Father: Alan Richard Morissette
Mother: Georgia Mary Ann
Brother(s): Chad Morissette, Wade Morissette
Marital Status: Married
Husband/Boyfriend: Souleye (m. 2010)
Son(s): Ever Imre Morissette-Treadway
Daughter(s): Onyx Solace Morissette-Treadway
Heather Graham Wish Heather Graham Happy Birthday
Jessica Iskandar Wish Jessica Iskandar Happy Birthday
Rishabh Sinha Wish Rishabh Sinha Happy Birthday