His Social Media Profiles
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|5 feet 6 inches (1.70 m)
|72 kg (159 lbs)
|60 years old (in 2024)
|Date of Birth
|6 October 1963
Sanjay Mishra is an affluent Indian movie actor, television actor, film director as well as a Comedian who primarily recognized for his remarkable work in Bollywood Industry. Sanjay Mishra was born in Darbhanga, India on October 6, 1963. He earned his graduation degree from National School of Drama. Sanjay made his first acting debut by the TV serial Chanakya.
Sanjay Mishra is a graduate of National School of Drama. In the year 1991, he made his first acting debut by the television series Chanakya. From 1991-2004, he starred in a series of TV series merely doing only the comic roles. After staring in a few commercials and attaining utmost fame by his work in a few television series and movies, he starred in Mirinda’s TV commercial along with legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan. Sanjay Mishra came into limelight after he was spotted as an icon by ESPN Star Sports for Cricket World Cup 1999. His role of Apple Singh became a family name then.
After making his first debut with a transitory role in parody film Oh Darling! Yeh Hain India! In 1995, he endeavored hard to strengthen his path in Bollywood until; he appeared in Bunty & Babli. After that, there was no sighted back for him. Since then, he has recognized himself as a famous comedian and his depiction in movies like Golmaal and its sequels, Phata Poster Nikla Hero and Dhamal amongst others are a perfect example of his illustrious work. Besides playing comedy, he has also starred in some serious characters in movies like Zameen, Charas, All The Best, Satya and Plan amongst others. He presently played the role of villain in acclaimed movie Anaarkali of Aarah. In 2017, he starred in as many as fourteen movies.
Amongst all his movies, three movies that have grossed him utmost recognition and awards are Aankhon Dekhi, Phas Gaya Re Obama and Masaan. Besides acting, Sanjay Mishra has also directed the movie, Pranaam Walekum. He got married to Kiran Mishra and the couple was blessed with two baby girls named Lamha and Pal.
Sanjay Mishra Education
Qualification: Graduate of National School of Drama, New Delhi
School: Kendriya Vidyalaya BHU, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
College: National School of Drama, New Delhi, India
Sanjay Mishra Career
Profession: Actor, director
- Film (actor): Oh Darling! Yeh Hai India! (1995)
- Film (director): Pranaam Walekum (2015)
- TV: Chanakya (1991)
Family & Relatives
Father: Shambhu Nath Mishra (Civil Servant)
Mother: Name Not Known
Brother: Sumit Mishra, Amit Mishra
Sister: Meenal Mishra
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Kiran Mishra
Daughter: Pal Mishra, Lamha Mishra
Facts You Never Knew About Sanjay Mishra
- Sanjay Mishra belongs to a government servant’s family. His father was associated with in the broadcasting and information ministry, his grandfather was a regional magistrate.
- Sanjay Mishra’s grandfather was a Public Servant and worked as an District Magistrate.
- Mishra was brought up in Varanasi.
- His first influence was his grand mom who sings for Patna Radio Station. Sanjay spend his childhood holidays with her.
- Sanjay’s father had a profound interest in arts, which inclined him to do something in those positions.
- He wasn’t proficient in studies and failed in 10th class two times.
- Famous actor Irfan Khan was in his final year when he came into NSD.
- Renowned actor Tigmanshu Dhulia was his batch mate in NSD.
- In 1991, after earning her graduation degree from NSD, he settled in Mumbai.
- Sanjay Mishra had to struggle enormously in Mumbai for his survival and frequently had to subsist on Vada Paav.
- In Early 1990s, Tigmanshu Dhulia offered a TV serial to him.
Who is Sanjay Mishra?
Sanjay Mishra is an Indian actor, director, born on 06 October, 1963 in Darbhanga, Bihar.
How old is Sanjay Mishra?
Sanjay Mishra is 60 years old as of February 2024.
How tall is Sanjay Mishra?
Sanjay Mishra is 5 feet 6 inches (1.70 m).