Nickname:Munna, Big B, Angry Young Man, AB Sr., Amith, Shahenshah of Bollywood
Full Name:Amitabh Harivansh Rai Shrivastava
Profession:Actor, Singer, Producer, Television Presenter
Age (as of 2019):77 years old
Date of Birth:October 11, 1942
Birthplace:Allahabad, United Provinces (now Uttar Pradesh),British India
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:6 feet 2 inches (1.88 m)
Weight:80 kg (176 lbs)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
The ‘Shehenshah’ of Bollywood Amitabh Bachchan, has emerged as one of the massively recognized personalities across India. He was born in Allahabad, India on 11th October, 1942, to Teji Bachchan and Harivansh Rai Bachchan. He is recognized all over the world and actively participated in helping out social concerns and also links well with masses. His appearance in the most popular Television show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’, gave a new tenancy to his career and assisted him in earning more fame. He is commonly considered as a megastar of the Millennium.
Amitabh Bachchan is the first Asian living personality whose statue was exhibited in London’s Tussauds Wax Museum. The Indian government esteemed Bachchan with Padma Shri award in the year 1984, Padma Bhushan award in the year 2001 and Padma Vibhushan award in the year 2015 for his participations towards arts. Bachchan is a perennial adaptable actor of Bollywood. He has performed in movies like “Piku” and Pink”. He was elected for Filmfare best actor award for the movie “Pink” which was highly persuasive.
Recognized as the real ‘Angry Young Man’ of Indian film industry, Amitabh is a real essence to Bollywood. He initiated his career in the year 1969 with the megahit movie ‘Saat Hindustani’. In the year1973, his movie ‘Zanjeer’ was released. In which he played the role of a new type of hero who fought for prejudices in system. He earned the epithet of ‘Angry Young Man’ through this movie.
Amitabh Bachchan moved ahead with a numerous megahit movies such as ‘Namak Haram’ and ‘Anand’. He came on to scene once there was a massive deal of alienation all across country, particularly amongst educated without a job. In the following years, Amitabh Bachchan went on to present several super hits comprising off ‘Deewaar’, ‘Don’, ‘Trishul’, ‘Natwarlal’, ‘Suhaag’, ‘The Great Gambler’, ‘Kaalia’, ‘Silsila’ and ‘Shakti’.
In the year1984, Amitabh Bachchan joined Indian politics and was nominated for Allahabad parliament. Though, He did not complete his term and ultimately resigned from his post. Amitabh won National Award for his leading role in the movie ‘Agneepath’. He shot back into the spotlight when he presented a popular quiz show titled ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’. There is a sanctuary in Kolkata, where Amitabh Bachchan is venerated as a God.
Facts You Never Knew About Amitabh Bachchan!
- Amitabh Bachchan’s ancestors belonged to a village named Babupatti in Uttar Pradesh.
- His Mom, Teji Bachchan, was a follower of Sikhism and hailed from Lyallpur, presently Faisalabad; a city of Pakistan.
- Amitabh’s father was a famous Hindi poet.
- His Mom Teji had greater interest in theatre plays and was even offered a role for a feature film, which she afterward rejected and favored her domestic duties.
- All through his days in college, he always used to appear in plays.
- When Amitabh was young, he always desired to become an engineer and was fascinated enough to join Indian Air Force.
- All through his college days, he was a very good sportsperson and he also won 400, 200 and 100 meter races.
- After the failure of his movie Insaniyat, he didn’t appear in any movie for more than 5 years.
Amitabh Bachchan Education
Qualification: Bachelor of Science
School: Jnana Pramodhini, Boys High School, Allahabad
College: Sherwood College, Nainital, IndiaKirori Mal College, New Delhi, India
Amitabh Bachchan Gallery
Amitabh Bachchan Career
Profession: Actor, Singer, Producer, Television Presenter
Debut TV Series/Movie:
- Film: Saat Hindustani (1969)
- Television: Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) (2000)
Salary: 20 Crores/film (INR)
Net Worth: $400 million (approx.)
Family & Relatives
Father: Harivansh Rai Bachchan, Poet
Mother: Teji Bachchan, Shyama (step-mother)
Brother(s): Ajitabh Bachchan
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Jaya Bachchan (Indian Politician & Former Indian Actress)
Son(s): Abhishek Bachchan (Actor)
Daughter(s): Shweta Bachchan-Nanda
- Late Parveen Babi, Indian Actress
- Rekha, Indian Actress
- Jaya Bhaduri, Indian Politician (former Indian Actress)
Amitabh Bachchan is pretty active on Instagram
View this post on Instagram