Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 Feet 2 Inches (1.57 m)|
|Weight||60 KG (110 lbs)|
|Dress Size||4 US|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Known For||Popular for her Bollywood films in 1970s|
|Full Name||Jaya Bachchan|
|Age||74 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||9 April 1948|
|Birthplace||Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh|
Jaya Bachchan is an eminent Indian movie actress as well as a politician. She was born in Jabalpur, India on 9th April, 1948. Her father named Taroon Kumar Bhaduri was a writer, stage artist and journalist whereas her mother Indira Bhaduri was a homemaker. Jaya Bachchan completed her schooling from St. Joseph’s Convent Sr. Sec. School, Bhopal and was the prominent student of her school. She was bestowed with Best All-India N.C.C. Cadet Award all through 1966’s Republic Day celebrations.
Her career in acting initiated with a Bengali movie Mahanagar once she was only 15 years old. She emerged as an actress in her own right in Bollywood right after the release of movie Guddi. Jaya Bachchan moved ahead to appear in a number of Hindi language movies, comprising off blockbusters like Uphaar, Jawani Diwani, Abhimaan, Anamika, Bawarchi, Sholay, Zanjeer and Chupke Chupke, only to name a few. Her career in acting spanned from 1963-1981. Jaya Bachchan also wrote the script of Shahenshah.
She married to legendry actor Amitabh Bachchan, and subsequently gave birth to Abhishek Bachchan and Shweta Bachchan. Amitabh Bachchan is the son of Hindu-Sikh parents, explicitly Teji and Harivansh Rai Srivastav codenamed Bachchan. Jaya leave acting after the year 1981. Since then, her married life started to face substantial upheavals particularly with much-exposed affair of her Amitabh with famous Bollywood actress, Rekha. At that time, their lives were interrupted when Amitabh was injured by a blow from Puneet Issar while shoot the film ‘Coolie’, which just about took his life.
The Bachchan family experienced another setback in the year 2005 when her asthmatic husband was admitted to Lilavati Hospital after complaining severe pain in his abdomen. Jaya’s husband did recover from this.
Presently, she, her husband and her son Abhishek along with his wife, Aishwarya Rai continued to rule over Bollywood with their on-screen presence. Jaya Bachchan has also received numerous awards recognizing her aptitude in Bollywood.
Check out exclusive ➡ facts about Jaya Bachchan.
Jaya Bachchan Education
|Qualification||alumna of the Film and Television Institute of India|
|School||St. Joseph's Convent School, Bhopal|
|College||Loreto College, Kolkata
University of Calcutta
Film and Television Institute of India
Check out Jaya Bachchan's video
Jaya Bachchan's Photos Gallery
Jaya Bachchan Career
Profession: Actress, Politician
Known For: Popular for her Bollywood films in 1970s
Film Debut: Guddi (1971)
Salary: 50,000 (INR)
Net Worth: $72 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Taroon Kumar Bhaduri
Mother: Indira Bhaduri
Sister(s): Rita Verma
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Amitabh Bachchan (m. 1973)
Son(s): Abhishek Bachchan
Daughter(s): Shweta Bachchan Nanda
Jaya Bachchan Favorites
Hobbies: Listening to Music, Reading, Cooking
Favorite Actress: Nargis
Favorite Destination: London, Switzerland
Favorite Color: Blue, White
Facts You Never Knew About Jaya Bachchan!
- Jaya Bachchan was honored with Padma Shri, 4th highest civilian award of India.
- She is the only actress in Bollywood who is FTII Gold Medalist from Pune.
- Former beauty queen and Bollywood superstar Aishwarya Rai is her daughter-in-law.
- Jaya Bachchan was pregnant while shooting the movie Sholay.
- Jaya is the sister-in-law of famous actor Rajeev Verma who is married to her sister Rita Badhuri.
- Jaya Bachchan is the C.E.O of Uttar Pradesh Film Development Council from 2004.
- she dubbed for renowned actress Nandini Ghoshal for the movie CHAR ADHYAY.
- Always mistaken as Rita Badhuri’s sister just because Jaya Bachchan has a sister named “Rita”.
- Mira Nair desired to sign her for Mississippi Masala though Jaya did not wish to do the role of a mother. The actress Sharmila Tagore was afterwards signed.
- She amenably spoke to slap famous actor Shahrukh Khan once Shahrukh remarked on Ash-Salman affair.
- Jaya Bachchan exposed in a TV Interview that she knew regarding the affair of Amitabh with Actress Rekha.