Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Body Measurements||34-30-34 inches|
|Height||5 feet 3 inches (1.60 m)|
|Weight||58 Kg (127 Lbs)|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Dress Size||10 (US)|
Rani Mukerji is a renowned Indian movie actress. One of the most prevalent and top-paid Hindi movies actresses for the year 2000, she has received a number of awards, comprising off 7 Filmfare Awards. Her characters in the movies have been defined in the media as a noteworthy departure from preceding screen depictions of Indian actresses.
Even though rani Mukerji belongs to Samarth-Mukherjee family, in which her relatives and parents were prominent members of the Indian movie industry, Rani did not seek to follow a career in acting. Though, while still a youngster she puttered with acting by way of portraying a supporting role in her father’s Bengali movie titled Biyer Phool and also accepted a lead role in social drama titled Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat on the persistence of her mom. Rani Mukerji afterwards initiated a full-time career in movies and 1998’s action drama titled Ghulam was her first success on commercial level. Rani gained utmost fame for her supporting role in a romantic movie titled Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. The year 2002 considered a turning point for Rani Mukerji once she was featured by Yash Raj Films as leading star in movie titled Saathiya.
In the year 2004, Rani Mukerji had recognized herself as a prominent actress of Bollywood film industry with her remarkable roles in comic romantic movie titled Hum Tum as well as the movies Veer-Zaara and Yuva. She gained immense admiration for depicting the role of a blind, deaf and mute lady in the acclaimed movie titled Black, a forlornly married woman in the movie titled Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna and a fraud woman in Bunty Aur Babli. She afterwards worked with Yash Raj Movies on a number of unsuccessful movies which led critics to regret her selection of roles. The semi-factual thrilling movie titled No One Killed Jessica, wherein she portrayed the role of an impulsive journalist, substantiated to be her first megahit in four years’ time span. She pursued it by featuring in successful thrilling movies such as Mardaani, Talaash: The Answer Lies Within and Hichki.
Apart from acting in movies, Rani Mukerji is also fascinated towards a number of charitable causes and is enunciated regarding issues suffered by children and women. She has contributed in stage shows and concert tours, and featured as a judge for a television reality show titled Dance Premier League. Restrained to talk about her personal life in front of media, Rani Mukerji is married to film producer Aditya Chopra and the couple was blessed with a daughter.
Check out exclusive ➡facts about Rani Mukerji.
Rani Mukerji Education
School: Maneckjee Cooper High School, Juhu, Mumbai
College: Mithibai College, Mumbai
Rani Mukerji Career
Known For: Best Indian Movies’ actress
Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat (1997)
Salary: 2-3 Crores/film (INR) approx
Net Worth: USD $25 million approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Late Ram Mukherjee
Mother: Krishna Mukherjee
Brother: Raja Mukherjee
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Aditya Chopra
No. of Children: 1
Daughter: Adira Chopra
Rani Mukerji Favorites
Favorite Movie: Titanic
Favorite Destination: Sikkim
Favorite Food: Fish prepared by her mother
Favorite Color: Red, Blue
Facts You Never Knew About Rani Mukerji
- Is Rani Mukerji addicted to smoking?: Yes
- Is Rani Mukerji alcoholic?: Yes
- She is a proficient Odissi dancer.
- Prior signing for Bollywood movies, she joined Roshan Taneja’s acting institute for training purpose.
- Rani is an isolated person and she rarely interacts with public, contrasting other celebrities.
- Rani Mukerji has been called as one of the most talented actresses of Bollywood film industry by critics.
- Rani doesn’t like being repetitious in movies and hence she always tries distinctive drastic roles.
- She did a walk-on appearance at her 18 years of age in her father’s Bengali movie titled Biyer Phool.
- Rani Mukerji got her biggest breakthrough from the movie titled Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
- Rani Mukerji is a private person and rarely interacts with media unlike other celebrities.
- Rani also did a cameo role at the age of fourteen in her father’s Bengali film Biyar Phool (1992).
- She got her major breakthrough from the film “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai”(1998).
- Rani changed the spelling of her surname from “Mukherjee” to “Mukerji” in her passport and hence opted not to change.
- Surprising, She is the first actor in Bollywood to win two awards simultaneously “Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress” awards in a single year (2005) at the Filmfare.