NicknameJunior Bachchan or Junior B, Abhi and AB Baby
Full NameAbhishek Bachchan
Age (as of 2019)43 years old
Date of Birth05 February, 1976
BirthplaceMumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height6 feet 2 inches (1.88 m)
Weight86 kg (190 lbs)
Bollywood’s heartthrob Abhishek Bachchan is a fabulous movie actor as well as a film producer typically recognized for his work in Bollywood. He is the son of living legend Amitabh Bachchan and famous actress Jaya Bhaduri, Abhishek Bachchan was born in Mumbai, India on 5th February, 1976.
Abhishek completed his school education from Bombay Scottish School in Mumbai, Jamnabai Narsee School and Modern School in New Delhi, prior heading towards United States with the intention of completing advanced studies. He returned back towards India prior he completed his Masters of Business Administration degree at Boston University.
In 2000, Abhishek Bachchan made his first Bollywood appearance with J.P.Dutta’s movie Refugee. This movie, however, did not perform well. After that, he starred in a succession of movies, but without any noticeable success. This led numerous people to spectacle about his acting skills. It was his exceptional performance in Mani Ratnam’s Yuva in the year 2004 that earned him admiring reviews as well the Best Supporting Actor Filmfare Award.
Abhishek Bachchan afterwards went on to deliver mega hits like Bunty Aur Babli, Dhoom and Sarkar. Moreover, he has starred in movies like Bluffmaster, Dus, Umrao Jaan, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna and Dhoom-2. The item song “Kajra Re” wherein Abhishek Bachchan starred became one of the commercial hits of the year. In the year 2007, his first release “Guru” directed by Mani Ratnam turned out to be a commercial hit.
Abhishek Bachchan came into media attention after his engagement to beautiful actress Aishwarya Rai, with whom he married on 20th April, 2007. Abhishek was previously engaged to Bollywood actress Karishma Kapoor in the year 2002, though this engagement broke down in the same year. Abhishek has won a number of awards in his acting career. Some the most renowned ones involve Best Supporting Actor Filmfare Award 2004, Best Supporting Actor Filmfare Award 2005 and Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award 2007, besides numerous other awards.
Facts You Never Knew About Abhishek Bachchan!
- Abhishek Bachchan suffered from Dyslexia in his childhood.
- His father Amitabh Bachchan’s dancing moves in the super hit song Khaike Paan Banaras Wala were enthused by Abhishek dancing moves, which he used to make as a child.
- Abhishek initiated his career as an agent for LIC, though afterwards he joined his father’s establishment ABCL.
- He gave 17 flops in a row between his failed debut movie, Refugee and first mega hit movie Dhoom.
- Abhishek was also elected for Bhuvan’s role in the movie Lagaan. Though, it afterwards went to Aamir Khan.
- Abhishek got engaged to famous actress Karishma Kapoor on the event of Amitabh Bachchan’s 60th birthday. Though, on account of some family concerns, the engagement broken down only after 3 months.
- In the year 2006, Abhishek Bachchan was titled as Sexiest Man in Asia by Eastern Eye magazine.
|Abhishek Bachchan Education|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, MumbaiBombay Scottish School, MumbaiModern School, Vasant Vihar, Delhi|
|College/University||Aiglon College, SwitzerlandBoston University (dropped out)|
|Abhishek Bachchan Gallery|
|Abhishek Bachchan Career|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
|Salary||10-12 Crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||$30 million|
|Family & Relatives|
|Wife/Girlfriend||Aishwarya Rai (m. 2007-present)|
|Sister||Shweta Bachchan Nanda|
|Son(s)||20 April 2007|
|Daughter(s)||Aaradhya (born in 2011)|
|Abhishek Bachchan Fan Following||
Abhishek Bachchan is pretty active on Instagram
Manmarziyaan Official Trailer | Abhishek Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu, Vicky Kaushal, Anurag Kashyap