Shabana Azmi is a renowned Indian movie Actress, theatre Actress, television actress and activist who primarily known for her remarkable work in Bollywood movies. She was born in Hyderabad, Telangana, India on 18th September, 1950. Shabana Azmi belongs to a family of artists. She initiated her career in acting with Shyam Benegal’s megahit movie “Ankur”. Shabana’s performance was critically acclaimed and her way of acting also won her award for the Best National Actress.
In her eminent career, Shabana Azmi has commonly appeared in realistic characters. She was frequently compared with her corresponding person Smitha Patil. In that era, both of them competed for the similar roles and Smitha-Shabana competition was the most followed showbiz news then. In the year 1982, they both acted together in critically acclaimed Bollywood movie Arth.
Shabana Azmi created scores of headlines for her acting in Deepa Mehta’s debatable movie Fire. She acted in a number of off-beat movies. She although worked in numerous commercially renowned movies as well like Fakira, Devta, Masoom and Amar Akbar Anthony amongst others. She so far has acted in more than 120 Bengali and Hindi movies. Shabana has also acted in a number of foreign movies as well. She holds an exclusive record of getting five National Awards under the nomination of Best Actress.
Besides an actress, Shabana Azmi is also a famous activist. She always keeps herself busy off the screen through partaking in numerous awareness programs like AIDS and Child Support. Besides a number of Indian awards, Shabana Azmi has also received numerous awards on international level. She has been complimented with a Ph.D. degree by numerous Indian and foreign universities.
|Shabana Azmi Bio Data||Description|
|Age (as of 2019)||68 years old|
|Date of Birth||September 18, 1950|
|Shabana Azmi Academic Profile|
|Qualification||Degree in Psychology|
|School||Queen Mary School, Mumbai|
|College/University||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
|Shabana Azmi HD Photos||
|Shabana Azmi Career and Net Worth|
|Profession||Actress, TV Actress, Theatre Actress, Social Worker|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
|Net Worth||$3 Million|
|Family & Relatives|
|Husband/Boyfriend||Javed Akhtar (m. 1984)|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||143 lbs|
|Weight in KG||65 kg|
|Height in Feet||5 feet 6 inches|
|Height in Meter||1.68 m|
|Body Measurements||34-27-35 inches|
|Dress Size||12 (US)|
|Bra Size||34 inches|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Hobbies & Other Activities|
|Hobbies||Reading, Travelling, Listening to music, watching movies|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Shashi Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Dev Anand|
|Favorite Actress||Madhubala, Nargis|
|Favorite Food||Hyderabadi Biryani|
|Favorite Destination||London & New York|
|Favorite Color||Black, Red, Blue|
|Shabana Azmi Social Media|
Some Interesting Facts About Shabana Azmi
- Is Shabana Azmi addicted to smoking?: No
- Is Shabana Azmi alcoholic?: No
- She has starred in more than 100 movies and has received 5 National Award as well as four Filmfare Award under the category of Best Actress.
- Famous Bollywood actresses Farah Naaz and Tabu are her nieces.
- Shabana Azmi has been a pre-emptive socialist and supported displaced Kashmiri Pandit migrants, slum dwellers and Latur, Maharashtra earthquake victims.
- In the year 1989, she participated in a four day long march from Meerut to New Delhi for collective harmony.
- Shabana Azmi was honored with a Doctorate degree in Art by Vice Chancellor of the Brandan Foster University of Texas.
- She has no kids with Javed Akhtar but she still accepts Zoya and Farhan as her kids.
- Love blossomed between Shekhar Kapoor and Shabana Azmi all through the production of Dev Anand’s movie Ishq Ishq Ishq. Though, the relationship did not last for a longer time span and the engagement was cancelled ultimately.
- Shabana is the only actress to bestow with five National Awards for the Best Actress. She earned it for her very first release, Ankur which also considered as the directorial debut movie of Shyam Benegal.
- Shabana Azmi had a big crush on Shashi Kapoor. Shashi’s dad, Prithviraj Kapoor, was in her neighborhood, and each time Shashi Kapoor paid a visit to father, Shabana Azmi would always get him to autograph one of his photos. Shashi and Shabana were coupled together in 1976 movie Fakira.