Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 ft 5 inches (1.65 m)|
|Weight||75 kg (165 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Full Name||Javed Akhtar|
|Age||77 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||17 January 1945|
|Birthplace||Gwalior, Gwalior State, Central India Agency, British India|
Javed Akhtar is a famous Indian lyricist, screenwriter and poet. He is the recipient of Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri, Sahitya Akademi as well as five National Filmfare Awards. Javed Akhtar was born in Gwalior, India on 17th January, 1945. His father named Jan Nisar Akhtar was a renowned Urdu poet as well as songwriter, and his Mom Safia Akhtar was a famous singer, writer and teacher. Javed’s grandfather named Muztar Khairabadi was a famous lyricist and was his grandfather’s eldest brother, Bismil Khairabadi, whilst his grand grandfather named Fazl-e-Haq Khairabadi was a famous scholar of Islamic theology and played a crucial part in first Freedom Movement of India in the year1857. Javed Akhtar spent his childhood and also completed his schooling in Lucknow. He earned his graduation degree from Saifiya College Bhopal.
Akhtar’s first prominent success was the screenplay for Andaz, trailed by Adhikar, Seeta Aur Geeta and Haathi Mere Saathi. They also had some megahits with Zanjeer, Yaadon Ki Baaraat, Deewaar, Haath Ki Safai, Chacha Bhatija, Sholay, Trishul, Don, Dostana, Zamana, Mr. India and Kranti. They have appeared together in more than 24 movies comprising off two Kannada movies –Raja Nanna Raja and Premada Kanike. Of 24 movies they wrote, 20 were super hits. The film scripts they wrote, though which were not successful at Indian box office include Immaan Dharam, Aakhri Dao, Shaan and Kaala Patthar. Although they split in the year 1982, on account of ego concerns, some of the movie scripts they wrote were made into super hit movies later, like Mr. India and Zamana.
Javed Akhtar was married to famous actress and screenwriter Honey Irani. The couple has two children named Zoya Akhtar and Farhan Akhtar, both film actors and directors. The son-and-father duo has appeared together in movies like Lakshya, Dil Chahta Hai, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and Rock On. Farhan Akhtar was married to a famous hair stylist named Adhuna Akhtar. He divorced Honey Irani and afterwards married to Shabana Azmi.
Javed Akhtar Education
|Qualification||Graduate in Arts|
|College||Saifiya College, Bhopal
Javed Akhtar's Photos Gallery
Javed Akhtar Career
As a Screenwriter (with Salim Khan): Andaaz (1971)
As a Screenwriter (Solo): Betaab (1983)
As a lyricist: Silsila (1981)
Salary: 10 crore/film
Net Worth: $20 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Jan Nisar Akhtar
Mother: Safia Akhtar (Singer)
Brother(s): Salman Akhtar, Shahid Akhtar
Sister(s): Uneza Akhtar, Albina
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Shabana Azmi
Son(s): Farhan Akhtar (son from first wife)
Daughter(s): Zoya Akhtar, Elder (daughter from first wife)
Javed Akhtar Favorites
Hobbies: Watching Cricket
Favorite Actor: Dilip Kumar
Favorite Food: Kebabs, Vanilla Ice-Cream, Aloo Gosht Ka Shorba, Biryani
Facts You Never Knew About Javed Akhtar!
- Not numerous individuals are unfamiliar with the fact that Javed Akhtar’s parents firstly gave him the nickname Jadoo. Fascinatingly, the word Jadoo was derived from a poem composed by his father. The specific line comprising the word reads lamha, “lamha kisi jadoo ka fasana hoga”.
- Songwriting and poetry have been running in the blood of Javed Akhtar’s family whereas his father was a famous songwriter and his grandfather was a poet.
- In anticipations of making it big across Bollywood, Javed Akhtar came to Mumbai city in 1964. He spent several days without food, sleeping in corridors or beneath the trees prior finding accommodation at Kamal Amrohi Studio.
- Although they split up in the year 1982, a few of the scripts that they had produced by that point of time were afterward adapted into movies like Mr. India and Zamana.
- Accidentally, Akhtar and his wife Honey Irani, share same birthdays on 17 January.