Kareena Kapoor – Biography, Facts & Life Story
Her Social Media Profiles
Watch related video
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Body Measurements||34-26-35 Inches|
|Height||5 feet 4 inches (1.63 m)|
|Weight||54 kg (119 lbs)|
|Eye Color||4 (US)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 US|
|Age||42 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||21 September 1980|
|Full Name||Kareena Kapoor Khan|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Kareena Kapoor Khan is a vibrant, versatile and gorgeous actress of Bollywood film industry who solely belongs to renowned Kapoor family. She was born in Mumbai, India on 21th September, 1980. Kareena Kapoor is the daughter of famous Bollywood superstar Randhir Kapoor and renowned actress Babita. Kareena is the younger sister of popular actress Karishma Kapoor.
Kareena Kapoor’s debut film was Refugee which was released in the year 2000 wherein she appeared alongside Abhishek Bachchan. The movie was not a megahit though Kareena Kapoor was massively acclaimed for her remarkable skills for playing the role of a Pakistani girl. She was bestowed with Zee Cine Award Lux Face of the Year and Filmfare Best Debut Award for the film Refugee. Her next movie Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai revolved out to be a megahit.
A few of Kareena Kapoor’s massively admired characters include “Pooja” in the super hit movie Kabhie Kushi Kabhie Gham, the warrior “Kaurwaki” in the movie Asoka, and the role in Chameli, wherein she acted as a prostitute. After being appreciated for her character in Chameli she appeared in meaningful and serious movies like Dev and Yuva. For her excellent performance she won Filmfare Special Performance Award for the movie Chameli as well as Filmfare Critics Award for her remarkable acting in Dev.
A few of her megahit movies include Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai, Aitraaz, Hulchul, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gum and Omkara. She has even portrayed a negative role in the movie Fida and cameo appearance in the movie Don which received varied reviews. Her tragic role in the movie Omkara proved her to be a versatile actress. Kareena Kapoor won Star Screen Award Best Actress as well as Filmfare Critics Award for the Best Performance in the movie Omkara. Within a shorter time span of 6 years she has established her worth as an actress.
Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor after a 5 year long relationship finally got married in October 2012. The eyewitnesses for this marriage were Kareena Kapoor’s father and Mom, Babita and Randhir Kapoor together with Saif’s mom Sharmila Tagore. This marriage ceremony was followed by a party.
Kareena Kapoor has worked in Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Good Newwz, Angrezi Medium, Laal Singh Chaddha, and Mimi.
People also read: Saif Ali Khan, Ibrahim Ali Khan, Karishma Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Aamir Khan, Madhuri Dixit
Kareena Kapoor Education
Qualification: College dropout
School: Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai
Welham Girls’ School, Dehradun
College: Mithibai College, Mumbai
Kareena Kapoor Career
Known For: Her best performance in movie, i.e., Jab We Met
Salary: 8-10 crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: USD $10 million approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Randhir Kapoor (Actor)
Mother: Babita Kapoor
Sister: Karishma Kapoor (Actress)
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Saif Ali Khan
No. of Children: 4
Son: Taimur Ali Khan Pataudi
Jeh Ali Khan
Ibrahim Ali Khan
Daughter: Sara Ali Khan (step-daughter)
Kareena Kapoor with her step-daughter
- Hrithik Roshan (Actor)
- Shahid Kapoor (Actor)
Kareena Kapoor Favorites
Hobbies: Reading, Swimming and Yoga
Favorite Food: Dal-Chawal, Pasta and Spaghetti
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Kareena Kapoor
- Kareena Kapoor is of fourth generation of famous Kapoor family, she was born to a Punjabi father, Randhir Kapoor and Sindhi mother, Babita.
- Only a few individuals are familiar with the fact that Kareena’s name by birth was Siddhima, chosen by her grandfather, Raj Kapoor.
- The name Kareena was extracted from a novel titled Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.
- Kareena’s father was extremely protective towards Karishma and Kareena and he always desired both to get married and stay away from acting, which ultimately led towards clashes with her father, after which both Karishma and Kareena started to live with their Mom.
- She had a big crush on famous actor, Akshaye Khanna in her adolescent.
- From 2002-2003, was possibly the wickedest part of her career as all her films like Jeena Sirf Merre Liye, Mujhse Dosti Karoge!, Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon, LOC Kargil, Khushi, were flops at Indian box office.
- In the year 2006, Kareena Kapoor turned vegetarian.