Full Name:Randhir Kapoor
Profession:Actor, Director, Producer
Age:73 years old (in 2020)
Date of Birth:15 February 1947
Birthplace:Chembur, Bombay, Bombay Presidency, India
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5’ 10” (1.78 m)
Weight:90 kg (198 lbs)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Randhir Kapoor is a famous actor of Bollywood as well as the chief person of RK Studios originated by his father – showman Raj Kapoor. Randhir Kapoor was born in Bombay, Maharashtra, India on 15th February, 1947. He is the first-born son of mythical figure of Bollywood Krishna Kapoor and Raj Kapoor.
In the year 1972, Randhir Kapoor married to famous Bollywood actress Babita, and the couple has two daughters named Karishma and Kareena. Both of his daughters are top-notch actresses of Bollywood. Owing to a stressed relationship, Babita and Radhir Kapoor separated afterwards. In 1971, Randhir Kapoor starred on silver screen with the movie Kal Aaj Aur Kal. This movie was a megahit which featured three age groups of Kapoor family, involving his dad, Raj Kapoor and grand-dad, Prithviraj.
This film was trailed by two more megahits like Jawani Diwani with Jaya Bachchan and Raampur Ka Lakshman with Rekha and Shatrughan Sinha. Some other renowned movies involve Khalifa, Chacha Bhatija, Kasme Vaade, Haath Ki Safai, Pukar and Biwi O Biwi. As an actor Randhir Kapoor was ascetically successful. He quit movies for 15 years after the movie Khazana and involved himself in directing and producing films. In the year 1999, he once again made a comeback with the movie Mother trailed by Armaan in 2003 afterward he has never starred in movies.
Randhir Kapoor has directed movies like Dharam Karam, which was a big flop. In 1991, Henna was a film directed by him that was a super hit, it featured renowned Pakistani actress Zeba Bakhtiar and Rishi Kapoor. In the year 1985, he directed the movie Ram Teri Ganga Maili which performed terrifically well on Indian box office. It also received Filmfare Best Movie Award.
Facts You Never Knew About Randhir Kapoor!
- Randhir Kapoor started to work in movies as soon as he completed his school education.
- The very first job Randhir got as an associate director for Lekh Tandon. Fascinatingly, his first job was out of his Dad Raj Kapoor’s film production house.
- Randhir had to go to his work by way of bus, as his dad had taken his car back. He was permitted to ride his car only on weekends.
- Kal Aaj Aur Kal, his debut movie as a film director as well as an actor, had Prithvi Raj Kapoor and Raj Kapoor as his grand-father and father individually, who are his actual father and grandfather.
- The India-Pak war initiated two days after the release of Kal Aaj Aur Kal, due to which, the movie did not perform well at Indian box office.
- Randhir Kapoor was in a relationship of more than 6 years with the actress Babita Kapoor, prior getting married to her.
- Randhir’s parents were against this marriage as Babita was a famous actress and his parents did not desire an actress to be their daughter-in-law. Though Randhir Kapoor afterwards managed to influence them. Particularly, Babita left acting right after the marriage.
- Randhir and his wife lived distinctly though never got divorced and frequently they are starred together with their family and daughters.
Randhir Kapoor Education
Qualification: Not Available
School: Not Available
College: Not Available
Randhir Kapoor Gallery
Randhir Kapoor Career
Profession: Actor, Director, Producer
Debut TV Series/Movie:
- Film: Do Ustad (1959, child artist)
- Film: Kal Aaj aur Kal (1971, Actor)
- Director: Kal Aaj aur Kal (1971)
- Producer: Henna (1991)
Salary: Not Available
Net Worth: $30 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Late Raj Kapoor (Actor, Filmmaker)
Mother: Krishna Kapoor
Sister(s): Rima Jain, Ritu Nanda
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Babita Kapoor (Actress)
Randhir Kapoor Favorites
Hobbies: Not Available
Favorite Actor: Raj Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan
Favorite Actress: Mumtaz
Favorite Food: Not Available
Favorite Color: Black
Roshini Prakash Wish Roshini Prakash Happy Birthday
Alyssa Sutherland Wish Alyssa Sutherland Happy Birthday
Ambati Rayudu Wish Ambati Rayudu Happy Birthday