Full Name:Ranbir Kapoor
Profession:Actor, Producer and Businessman
Age:38 years old (in 2020)
Date of Birth:28 September 1982
Birthplace:Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:6 feet 0 inches (1.83 m)
Weight:78 kg (172 lbs)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Ranbir Kapoor is a renowned Indian Bollywood actor. He was born in Mumbai, India on 28th September 1982. Ranbir is the son of former superstars Rishi Kapoor and actress Neetu Singh. He is the grandson of famed actor and film director Raj Kapoor. Ranbir belongs to a Punjabi origin family.
Ranbir Kapoor completed his school education from Bombay Scottish School Mahim, and afterwards pursued with Method Acting at Lee Strasberg Film Institute in New York. Prior initiating his career in acting, Ranbir starred in two short movies “India 1964” and “Passion to Love”. He afterwards started working with film director Sanjay Leela Bhansali as an associate. Ranbir Kapoor assisted him the production of the movie “Black”.
In the year 2007, Ranbir Kapoor made his first Bollywood appearance with the movie “Saawariya” alongside uprising actress Sonam Kapoor. The movie was directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, though failed to earn well on Indian box office. However, Ranbir’s stunning acting enabled him to win a Filmfare Award for the Best Male Debut for this movie. In the year 2008, he was appeared in Siddharth Anand’s movie “Bachna Ae Haseeno” opposite Bipasha Basu, Deepika Padukone and Minissha Lamba. The movie was an average hit on Indian box-office.
In the year 2009, Ranbir Kapoor starred in three films. The first movie was “Wake Up Sid”, in which he appeared alongside Konkona Sen Sharma; the movie was a viable success. Ranbir’s second movie was “Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani” alongside Katrina Kaif. It was one of the leading hits. Ranbir’s third movie was “Rocket Singh – Salesman of the Year”. In the year 2010, Ranbir Kapoor appeared in a multi-starrer political thrilling movie titled “Rajneeti”. In the same year, he starred in Siddharth Anand’s “Anjaana Anjaani” opposite Priyanka Chopra which was a fair success on Indian box office.
In the year 2011, Ranbir featured in the movie “Rockstar” alongside fabulous actress Nargis Fakhri. His remarkable acting earned him a Best Actor Critics award at 57th Filmfare Awards. In 2012, Ranbir starred in Anurag Basu’s movie “Barfi” opposite Ileana D’Cruz and Priyanka Chopra. Ranbir Kapoor’s most recent movies for the present year are “Besharam” Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani” and “Bombay Velvet”.
Facts You Never Knew About Ranbir Kapoor!
- Ranbir Kapoor is the 4th generation of a prestigious first family of Bollywood’s Kapoor group.
- He got his nice name from his grandfather Raj Kapoor, as his actual name was Ranbir Raj Kapoor.
- Ranbir had his first girlfriend when he was in 7th
- He is the first from Kapoor family to pass 10th class and finish College.
- All through 9/11 attack in New York, Ranbir Kapoor was on a street adjacent to World Trade Center.
- He bought a Hublot watch with his first earnings.
- Ranbir Kapoor has one inch long cut on his cheek; as in his childhood he was rushing towards the bathroom and fell down on a pot.
- Apart from acting, Ranbir Kapoor is a professional Ballet and Jazz dancer. He has also gone through classes for horse riding.
- Ranbir happens to be the first male from the Kapoor clan to graduate Class 10 and finish college.
- Ranbir Kapoor still takes Rs 1,500 every week as his pocket money from his mother Neetu Kapoor
- Ranbir’s diet plan is designed by his mother Neetu and she even used to cut his nails until he moved out of the family house.
- Ranbir Kapoor started his career in the film industry as an assistant director in Prem Granth (1996). He also worked as an assistant with director Sanjay Leela Bhansali for Black (2005).
- Ranbir Kapoor tried some 65-70 boxers for the introducing shot in Wake Up Sid. And all the boxers that he wore in the film were his personal boxers.
- Ranbir loves to read autobiographies and biographies. His favourite book is Heavier Than Heaven, a biography on Kurt Cobain.
- Ranbir is an avid football follower, his favourite football team is Barcelona and favourite player, Lionel Messi.
Ranbir Kapoor Education
Qualification: A Course on film making from the School of Visual Arts
School: Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai
College: H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
Ranbir Kapoor Gallery
Ranbir Kapoor Career
Profession: Actor, Producer and Businessman
Debut TV Series/Movie:
- Film Debut: Saawariya (2007)
Salary: 20-25 crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: USD $42 Million approx
Bored? Watch video biography of Ranbir Kapoor
Family & Relatives
Father: Rishi Kapoor (Actor)
Mother: Neetu Singh (Actress)
Sister(s): Riddhima Kapoor Sahani
Marital Status: Single
Ranbir Kapoor Favorites
Hobbies: Playing football, travelling and watching movies
Favorite Food: Jungli Mutton, Paya, Chicken Curry, Mishti Doi, Gulab Jamun
Favorite Destination: New York, USA, Venice, Puglia in Italy
Favorite Color: Black
Natalie Noel Wish Natalie Noel Happy Birthday
Dina Denoire Wish Dina Denoire Happy Birthday
Meesha Shafi Wish Meesha Shafi Happy Birthday
Savannah McReynolds Wish Savannah McReynolds Happy Birthday
Ilfenesh Hadera Wish Ilfenesh Hadera Happy Birthday
Reign Edwards Wish Reign Edwards Happy Birthday