Ranbir Kapoor is a renowned Indian Bollywood actor. He was born in Mumbai, India on 28th September 1982. Ranbir is the son of former superstars Rishi Kapoor and actress Neetu Singh. He is the grandson of famed actor and film director Raj Kapoor. Ranbir belongs to a Punjabi origin family.
Ranbir Kapoor completed his school education from Bombay Scottish School Mahim, and afterwards pursued with Method Acting at Lee Strasberg Film Institute in New York. Prior initiating his career in acting, Ranbir starred in two short movies “India 1964” and “Passion to Love”. He afterwards started working with film director Sanjay Leela Bhansali as an associate. Ranbir Kapoor assisted him the production of the movie “Black”.
In the year 2007, Ranbir Kapoor made his first Bollywood appearance with the movie “Saawariya” alongside uprising actress Sonam Kapoor. The movie was directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, though failed to earn well on Indian box office. However, Ranbir’s stunning acting enabled him to win a Filmfare Award for the Best Male Debut for this movie. In the year 2008, he was appeared in Siddharth Anand’s movie “Bachna Ae Haseeno” opposite Bipasha Basu, Deepika Padukone and Minissha Lamba. The movie was an average hit on Indian box-office.
In the year 2009, Ranbir Kapoor starred in three films. The first movie was “Wake Up Sid”, in which he appeared alongside Konkona Sen Sharma; the movie was a viable success. Ranbir’s second movie was “Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani” alongside Katrina Kaif. It was one of the leading hits. Ranbir’s third movie was “Rocket Singh – Salesman of the Year”. In the year 2010, Ranbir Kapoor appeared in a multi-starrer political thrilling movie titled “Rajneeti”. In the same year, he starred in Siddharth Anand’s “Anjaana Anjaani” opposite Priyanka Chopra which was a fair success on Indian box office.
In the year 2011, Ranbir featured in the movie “Rockstar” alongside fabulous actress Nargis Fakhri. His remarkable acting earned him a Best Actor Critics award at 57th Filmfare Awards. In 2012, Ranbir starred in Anurag Basu’s movie “Barfi” opposite Ileana D’Cruz and Priyanka Chopra. Ranbir Kapoor’s most recent movies for the present year are “Besharam” Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani” and “Bombay Velvet”.
|Ranbir Kapoor Bio Data|
|Full Name||Ranbir Kapoor|
|Nickname/Alternative Name||Daboo, Ganglu|
|Age (as of 2019)||36 years old|
|Date of Birth||28 September 1982|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Current Residence||New York, USA, Venice, Puglia in Italy|
|Ranbir Kapoor Academic Profile|
|Qualification||A Course on film making from the School of Visual Arts|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College/University||H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Ranbir Kapoor HD Photos||
|Ranbir Kapoor Career and Net Worth|
|Profession||Actor, Producer and Businessman|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
|Salary||20-25 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||$42 Million|
|Family & Relatives|
|Father||Rishi Kapoor (Actor)|
|Mother||Neetu Singh (Actress)|
|Sister||Riddhima Kapoor Sahani|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||172 lbs|
|Weight in KG||78 kg|
|Height in Feet||6 feet 0 inches|
|Height in Meter||1.83 m|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies & Other Activities|
|Hobbies||Playing football, travelling and watching movies|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Raj Kapoor, Guru Dutt, Al Pacino, Rishi Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Chistopher Nolan|
|Favorite Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Kajol, Natalie Portman|
|Favorite Food||Jungli Mutton, Paya, Chicken Curry, Mishti Doi, Gulab Jamun|
|Favorite Destination||New York, USA, Venice, Puglia in Italy|
|Ranbir Kapoor Social Media|
Jagga Jasoos | Official Trailer | In Cinemas July 14
Some Interesting Facts About Ranbir Kapoor
- Ranbir Kapoor is the 4th generation of a prestigious first family of Bollywood’s Kapoor group.
- He got his nice name from his grandfather Raj Kapoor, as his actual name was Ranbir Raj Kapoor.
- Ranbir had his first girlfriend when he was in 7th
- He is the first from Kapoor family to pass 10th class and finish College.
- All through 9/11 attack in New York, Ranbir Kapoor was on a street adjacent to World Trade Center.
- He bought a Hublot watch with his first earnings.
- Ranbir Kapoor has one inch long cut on his cheek; as in his childhood he was rushing towards the bathroom and fell down on a pot.
- Apart from acting, Ranbir Kapoor is a professional Ballet and Jazz dancer. He has also gone through classes for horse riding.
- Ranbir happens to be the first male from the Kapoor clan to graduate Class 10 and finish college.
- Ranbir Kapoor still takes Rs 1,500 every week as his pocket money from his mother Neetu Kapoor
- Ranbir’s diet plan is designed by his mother Neetu and she even used to cut his nails until he moved out of the family house.
- Ranbir Kapoor started his career in the film industry as an assistant director in Prem Granth (1996). He also worked as an assistant with director Sanjay Leela Bhansali for Black (2005).
- Ranbir Kapoor tried some 65-70 boxers for the introducing shot in Wake Up Sid. And all the boxers that he wore in the film were his personal boxers.
- Ranbir loves to read autobiographies and biographies. His favourite book is Heavier Than Heaven, a biography on Kurt Cobain.
- Ranbir is an avid football follower, his favourite football team is Barcelona and favourite player, Lionel Messi.