Boney Kapoor – Biography, Facts & Life Story
His Social Media Profiles
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||6 feet 0 inches (1.83 m)|
|Weight||90 kg (198 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Age||69 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||11 November 1953|
|Full Name||Achal Kapoor|
|Birthplace||Meerut, Uttar Pradesh|
Boney Kapoor is a famous Indian Filmmaker who predominantly recognized for his work in Bollywood movies. He was born as Achal Kapoor and is primarily linked with Bollywood film industry. He was born in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India on 11th September, 1955.
Boney Kapoor’s career initiated by way of working under renowned director cum producer named Shakti Samanta. Shekhar Kapur’s directorial project titled ‘Mr. India’ is stated to be the most prevalent movie produced by Boney. This movie featured Anil Kapoor, Sri Devi and Amrish Puri in the leading roles. The film is regarded to be amongst Top 100 Indian Movies of All the Time. Boney Kapoor also holds the credit for introducing numerous megastars to Bollywood film Industry. His initial productions were supportive for actors like Mithun Chakraborty and Amrish Puri to establish them in Bollywood.
Boney Kapoor introduced both of his brothers, Anil Kapoor and Sanjay Kapoor to Bollywood film Industry. He is also regarded amongst the most affluent film producers in Bollywood with the film titled ‘Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja’ being one of the most costly movies made all through 1993. Boney Kapoor is also recognized to have produced critically commended successions of movies specifically based upon Mumbai underworld that involves Satya, Company and D. A few of his eminent movie projects include NO Entry, Wanted, Judaai, Pukar and others.
Boney Kapoor was born to Surinder Kapoor and Nirmala. He also has two younger brothers named Anil Kapoor and Sanjay Kapoor. He tied the knot with Mona Shourie and the couple was blessed with two children, one being the renowned actor Arjun Kapoor and the daughter named Anshula. In 1996, Boney Kapoor married to famous Bollywood actress Shri Devi and had two daughters involving Jhanvi Kapoor.
Boney Kapoor Education
School: Our Lady of Perpetual High School, Mumbai
College: St Xavier’s College, Mumbai
Boney Kapoor Career
- Production: Hum Paanch (1980)
Net Worth: $20 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Late Surinder Kapoor (Film Producer)
Mother: Nirmal Kapoor
Brother: Anil Kapoor, Sanjay Kapoor (both younger)
Sister: Reena Kapoor
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Sridevi, Actress (1996-2018; died of drowning in February 2018)
Son: Arjun Kapoor (Son from first wife)
Daughter: Anshula Kapoor (Daughter from first wife), Jhanvi Kapoor (born 1997), Khushi Kapoor (born 2000)
Boney Kapoor Favorites
Hobbies: Travelling, watching movies
Favorite Food: Chicken Tikka, South Indian Cuisine, almond praline ice-cream
Favorite Color: White
Facts You Never Knew About Boney Kapoor
- Is Boney Kapoor addicted to smoking: Yes
- Is Boney Kapoor alcoholic: Not Known
- Rambling in the paths of his father named Surinder Kapoor, Boney Kapoor initiated his career in Bollywood with the film titled Hum Paanch. The film earned well at Indian box-office and supported its actors, Amrish Puri and Mithun Chakraborty, strengthen their position in Bollywood.
- Enthralled by Sridevi’s performances in a number of Southern Indian movies, Boney Kapoor was endeavoring hard to cast her in one of his movies. Hence, he offered her the movie titled Mr. India. Though, he was astonished once Sridevi requested him for a total of INR 10 Lakh as dues. Nonetheless, Boney Kapoor agreed to pay that particular amount, and hence initiated a one-sided love story.
- Meanwhile, at that point of time, Sridevi was deeply in love with Mithun Chakraborty; All of Boney’s efforts to appeal her went in vain. Drained of trying, the film producer lastly gave up and moved ahead with an arranged marriage with famous television Producer of that time Mona Shourie.
- It was Boney Kapoor who supported his younger brother named Anil Kapoor, all through the latter days of exertion. Boney Kapoor offered Anil Kapoor his first full-fledged movie titled Woh Saat Din was notably hit at Indian box office.