Full Name:Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan
Date of Birth:13 August 1963 (Died on February 24, 2018)
Date of Death:February 24, 2018
Place of Deat:Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Birthplace:Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu, India
Zodiac Sign: Cardiac arrest
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m)
Weight:56 Kg (123 lbs)
Body Measurements:35-25-36 inhes
Eye Color:Light Brown
Favorite Actor:Shah Rukh Khan
Favorite Food:Rice Rasam, Vanilla Ice cream and Strawberries
Sridevi cause of death:
The cause of death of Sridevi is drowning. She died of drowning in the water.
“According to Dubai Police, based on postmortem analysis, came out on February 26 at 5:29 PM that Bollywood actress Sridevi died because of drowning in her hotel bathtub following a loss of consciousness.”
Sri Devi was a legendry Indian film actress and a filmmaker, who primarily worked in Tamil, Telugu; Malayalam, Hindi and Kannada movies. She was born in Tamil Nadu, India on 13th August, 1963. Her Mom was from Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh. Hence, Sri Devi grew up speaking Tamil and Telugu. She has a stepbrother named Satish and a sister named Srilatha. Her father died during 1991, whereas her mother died during the year 1997.
Sri Devi initiated her acting career at an earlier age in the year 1967 as a child star in a Tamil film named ‘Kandhan Karunai’. She also appeared as a child star in a Telugu film named ‘Bangarakka’ and in a Malyalam film named ‘Kumara Sambhavan’ in the year 1969.
Sri Devi made her raid on Bollywood big screen in the year1975 as a child star with her super smash-hit ‘Julie’ wherein she played the role of a younger sister of a leading actress. Afterward she initiated to appear in adult characters only from the year 1979. She performed in more than 60 Hindi movies; 58 in Tamil; 62 in Telugu and 20 in Malyalam movies – in a prosperous career that has traversed from 1967 to 2007.
She established a strong onscreen pairing with co-star Kamal Hassan in Tamil movies from 1977 to 1983 and afterward with the legendry actor Jeetendra in Hindi movies from 1983 to 1988 which supported her in getting a foothold in Hindi movies. Her initial claim to fame seemed as a romantic interest to recognized stars ANR, NTR, Vishnuvardhan and Krishna Ghattamaneni in Kannada and Telugu movies from 1978 to 1985. Sri Devi has 4 megahits with Rajesh Khanna and afterward from late 80’s to 1996 her couple with Anil Kapoor was immensely popular.
Sri Devi has also acted in Television series ‘Malini Lyer’, judged a show ‘Kaboom’ and appeared in numerous advertisements. She went on to get married with Anil Kapoor’s brother, Boney Kapoor, in the year1996. The couple has two daughters named Khushi and Jhanvi. Sri Devi made a comeback to movies with “English Vinglish” in the year 2012.
She died on February 24, 2018 by an accidental drowning in a bathtub throughout her stay in Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel, UAE, while she was attending wedding ceremony of an Indian actor Mohit Marwah.
Facts You Never Knew About Sridevi!
- Sri Devi was offered a leading role in Hollywood movie ‘Jurassic Park’ which she refused on account of her hesitancy to take an interruption from Bollywood.
- She was suffering from high fever while shooting for the super hit song ‘Na Jaane Kaha Se Aayi Hai’.
- Sri Devi could not speak Hindi once she stepped into Bollywood.
- She was fluent in a number of languages including Telugu, Tamil, Hindi and English.
- She was the sole earner of her family; she supported her stepfather, mother, stepbrother and sister.
- Sri Devi was considered amongst the highest-paid Hindi movie actress from the year1985 to 1992.
- She was given a double role in the movie ‘Baazigar’. Later, the filmmaker decided against to cast her just because it would have stunned the audience watching King Khan’s character ‘kill’ her on big screen.
Qualification: Not Available
School: Not Available
College: Not Available
Debut TV Series/Movie:
- Film: Muruga (1967, Tamil, as a child actor)
- Julie (1975, Bollywood, as a child actor)
- Sadma (1983, Bollywood)
- TV: Malini Iyer (2004)
Salary: 5 Crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: 35 Crore (INR)
Family & Relatives
Father: Ayyapan Yanger (Lawyer)
Mother: Rajeswari Yanger
Brother(s): 2 (Step- Brothers)
Marital Status: Married
Husband/Boyfriend: Boney Kapoor (1996-present)
Son(s): Arjun Kapoor (Step-Son)
Daughter(s): Jhanvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor, Anshula Kapoor (Step-Daughter)
- Mithun Chakraborty (Actor)
- Boney Kapoor (Producer)
Sridevi Cause is pretty active on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram