Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Body Measurements||35-28-35 inches|
|Height||5 feet 4 inches (1.63 m)|
|Weight||58 Kg (128 lbs)|
|Eye Color||12 Inches|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Dress Size||4 US|
Ekta Kapoor is a renowned Indian film producer, television producer and director. She is an ingenious head of Balaji Telefilms. Ekta Kapoor was born in India on 7th June, 1975 and is the daughter of legendary movie actor Jeetendra and Shobha Kapoor. The famous actor Tusshar Kapoor is her younger brother. Ekta is the former students of Bombay Mithibai College and Scottish School.
Ekta Kapoor initiated her career at her seventeen years of age. In the start, she tried her fortune joining Kailash Surendranath shoots, the feature film producer – though failed. Then with financial support of her father Ekta Kapoor initiated off with her own Television serial production business by the name of Balaji Telefilms. Ekta made three episodes and six pilots though to her bad fortune all of them were precluded. After immense hard work she became prosperous in creating the popular serial Hum Paanch. After that, she has been working diligently acquiring the abilities needed to succeed.
Ekta Kapoor has co-produced and produced a number of soap operas, TV series and movies. Her most renowned television work has been “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi”, aired on STAR Plus in 2000. She has made more than eight TV soaps for STAR Plus. One of the most conspicuous things regarding her creations is that all her TV series start with letter “K” as she is credulous that it brings her good fortune. A few of her other renowned soaps aired on star plus are Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Kasamh Se, Kasautii Zindagii Kay and Karam Apnaa Apnaa.
In spite of the fame of her soaps, Ekta Kapoor has received immense criticism for her bold and controversial scenes, fake sophisticated repetitive and sets as well as frivolous plots.
In the shorter time span of her career, Ekta Kapoor has achieved a number of civic honors and awards. She was elected to lead “Confederation of Indian Industries” showbiz committee. In the past two years, Ekta has also received Indian Telly Awards. 2012 had been a good year for Ekta Kapoor, with a major success of her film “the Dirty Picture” and new TV serials like “Kya Huaa Tera Vaada” “Bade Achhe Lagte Hain” and “Pavitra Rishta”. Ekta won’t be partying her birthday with an outsized bash though will have a lower-key celebration. Happy with her professional life, Ekta Kapoor desires to balance her professional and private life efficaciously and plans to move ahead with a new vision.
Check out exclusive ➡facts about Ekta Kapoor.
Ekta Kapoor Education
School: Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai
College: Mithibai College, Mumbai
Ekta Kapoor Career
Known For: Famous for starring in Naagin tv show
Debut Film: Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta (2001)
TV Show: Mano Ya Na Mano (1995)
Net Worth: $12 million
Family & Relatives
Mother: Shobha Kapoor (Producer)
Brother: Tusshar Kapoor (Younger, Actor)
Marital Status: Single
Ekta Kapoor Favorites
Favorite Food: Chocolate
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Ekta Kapoor
- At her 19 years of age, Ekta Kapoor initiated to produce Television serial, upon her father’s advice.
- Ekta Kapoor always wears black podium heels on functions or events as proposed by an astrologer.
- She has fear of darkness, helicopters and heights.
- Famous actress Anita Hassanandani firstly amended her name to Natassha for films upon her recommendation.
- She isn’t starred much in civic events, though she is considered as a festivity animal.
- Ekta Kapoor is spiritual, has strong faith on numerology, astrology and considers 9, 6 and 3 as her lucky figures.
- Ekta is a huge animal lover and even if she has a pet doggie named Lafro, though she has a practice of adopting stray animals, and has numerous of them.
- She organizes charities for older females.
- Ekta Kapoor needs no introduction. She is rightly titled as the queen of Indian prime time television. Ekta has been in the limelight for to much a decade now and still going strong.
- Ekta Kapoor’s parties are too popular in the B-town. She is said to organize the best parties in town. Though she works too hard, she sure knows how to let her hair down.
- Ekta is known for her whacky sense of humor and those close to her surely understand that. She has a contagious laughter and usually leaves people rolling on the floor laughing by her witty one-liner jokes.
- Usually, daughters are daddy’s princesses but Ekta Kapoor is her mom’s girl. She is extremely close to Shobha Kapoor and very protective about her.
- Ekta Kapoor loves animals and has adopted many stray dogs who were injured or unwell near her office and house. Even Balaji Telefilms has few stray dogs.
- Ekta Kapoor believes in numerology. Ekta Kapoor changed the title of her film Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Again to Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Dobaara! for numerological reasons.