Sonam Kapoor is a well-known actress of Bollywood film industry and daughter of a legendary actor Anil Kapoor. She hailed from a Bollywood family though she doesn’t need her father’s name to stand out in Indian film industry. Sonam Kapoor has built her own recognition in Bollywood with several megahit movies. She is also esteemed as an enormous fashion icon in India and was a brand ambassador for L’Oreal Paris in the past.
Sonam Kapoor was born in Mumbai, India on 9th June 9, 1985. She is the daughter of famous Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor and former designer and model Sunita. Sonam has 2 siblings, one brother named Harshavardhan Kapoor and a sister named Rhea Kapoor. She completed her studies from Arya Vidya Mandir School. In her early years, she exposed her interest in Latin dance, basketball and Kathak music.
Sonam Kapoor was highly fascinated about becoming a director and writer. She also pursued her career in arts and theater at United World College of South East Asia in Singapore. Sonam always desired to work behind camera and be a primary part of the movie ‘crew’. On her father’s recommendation, Sonam Kapoor also worked as an Assistant Director for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s movie ‘Black’ in the year 2005.
Later in the year 2007, she worked for Bhansali’s movie “Saawariya” in the main role. Her second movie came in the year 2009 where she worked with the famous actor Abhishek Bachchan in ‘Delhi 6’. In the year 2010, Sonam Kapoor was being regarded as a superstar after her 2 megahits, “Ayesha” and I Hate Love Story”. In the same year, she was included in Forbes list for 100 most famous Indian superstars.
In the year 2014, the movie Khoobsurat was a mild success on Indian box office. Afterward, Sonam Kapoor played the leading role of a princess in the movie “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo” which was considered amongst one of the top grossing movies in Bollywood. For the movie Neerja, she got a number of critical acclaims and even received National FilmFare Award for it.
|Sonam Kapoor Bio Data||Description|
|Full Name||Sonam Kapoor|
|Nickname/Alternative Name||Sana, Sonz, Giraffe|
|Age (as of 2019)||33 years old|
|Date of Birth||9 June 1985|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Current Residence||31 Shrinagar, 7th Road, JVPD Scheme, Mumbai|
|Sonam Kapoor Academic Profile|
|Qualification||Bachelor's degree in Economics and Political Science|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir , Juhu, Mumbai|
|College/University||University of Mumbai, Mumbai
University of East London, London
|Sonam Kapoor HD Photos||
|Sonam Kapoor Career and Net Worth|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
|Salary||2-3 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Family & Relatives|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||126 lbs|
|Weight in KG||57 kg|
|Height in Feet||5 feet 7 inches|
|Height in Meter||1.71 m|
|Body Measurements||34-26-34 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies & Other Activities|
|Hobbies||Reading, shopping, playing video games, writing, collecting paintings|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Anil Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, Johnny Depp, Christian Bale|
|Favorite Actress||Nutan, Waheeda Rehman, Meena Kumari, Priyanka Chopra, Rani Mukerji, Madhuri Dixit, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Monica Belluci, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn|
|Favorite Food||Pav Bhaji, Tandoor Crab, Chicken with Ginger and Potatoes, Mustard Fish, Cholar Dal, Pork Belly Bun, Dahi Batata Puri, Chocolates|
|Favorite Destination||Rome, New York, Paris, London|
|Sonam Kapoor Social Media|
Sonam Kapoor is pretty active on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Last night, we walked down the ramp with something bigger than fashion in mind. We walked for hope, strength, perseverance and love. Thank you @abujanisandeepkhosla and @cpaaindia for putting this fabulous night together. Make up :@artinayar Hair: @bbhiral 📸: @thehouseofpixels @riidawg #cpaaindia #abujanisandeepkhosla #fashionforacause #inheritance
Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga | Title Song | Anil | Sonam | Rajkummar | Juhi | Darshan | Rochak
Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga | Official Trailer | Anil | Sonam | Rajkummar | Juhi
Some Interesting Facts About Sonam Kapoor
- Sonam Kapoor was born in Mumbai to a Punjabi father and Sindhi mother.
- She has been suffering from diabetes since her teenage and has to follow a strict diet routine and a daily insulin injection to stay healthy.
- Sonam’s weight was around 90 kg, but later she lost around 30 kg of weight for her debut film Saawariya (2007), opposite Ranbir Kapoor.
- She vowed not to marry an actor.
- She had a fight with her co-actor Abhay Deol during filming Aisha, after which, they both decided not to work together again in future.
- Sonam Kapoor is really fond of dancing. She always loves to show her dancing talents. Furthermore, she is proficient enough in classical dancing.
- She is exceptionally fit now. Though, at one time when Sonam was not fit. Her ex-boyfriend created some unfriendly comments regarding her weight and she ultimately had to break off her relationship.
- Sonam is a superstar kid; we all are familiar with the fact that the life of a celebrity kid is just like a bed of roses. Although, she always prefer to take this matter in her own hands.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali, a famous filmmaker, once suggested Sonam Kapoor to try her luck in acting. Prior that Sonam has done the job of an assistant director for Sanjay.
- We all are familiar with the fact that Arjun Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor are cousins. Though, not all of us are cognizant of the fact that, Ranveer Singh is also her cousin.
- Perfumes are something that Sonam Kapoor never compromises with. Her most favorite perfume is Michael Kors.