Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 feet 7 inches (1.71 m)|
|Weight||57 kg (126 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Nickname||Sana, Sonz, Giraffe|
|Full Name||Sonam Kapoor|
|Age||36 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||9 June 1985|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Sonam Kapoor is a well-known actress of Bollywood film industry and daughter of a legendary actor Anil Kapoor. She hailed from a Bollywood family though she doesn’t need her father’s name to stand out in Indian film industry. Sonam Kapoor has built her own recognition in Bollywood with several megahit movies. She is also esteemed as an enormous fashion icon in India and was a brand ambassador for L’Oreal Paris in the past.
Sonam Kapoor was born in Mumbai, India on 9th June 9, 1985. She is the daughter of famous Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor and former designer and model Sunita. Sonam has 2 siblings, one brother named Harshavardhan Kapoor and a sister named Rhea Kapoor. She completed her studies from Arya Vidya Mandir School. In her early years, she exposed her interest in Latin dance, basketball and Kathak music.
Sonam Kapoor was highly fascinated about becoming a director and writer. She also pursued her career in arts and theater at United World College of South East Asia in Singapore. Sonam always desired to work behind camera and be a primary part of the movie ‘crew’. On her father’s recommendation, Sonam Kapoor also worked as an Assistant Director for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s movie ‘Black’ in the year 2005.
Later in the year 2007, she worked for Bhansali’s movie “Saawariya” in the main role. Her second movie came in the year 2009 where she worked with the famous actor Abhishek Bachchan in ‘Delhi 6’. In the year 2010, Sonam Kapoor was being regarded as a superstar after her 2 megahits, “Ayesha” and I Hate Love Story”. In the same year, she was included in Forbes list for 100 most famous Indian superstars.
In the year 2014, the movie Khoobsurat was a mild success on Indian box office. Afterward, Sonam Kapoor played the leading role of a princess in the movie “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo” which was considered amongst one of the top grossing movies in Bollywood. For the movie Neerja, she got a number of critical acclaims and even received National FilmFare Award for it.
Check out exclusive ➡ facts about Sonam Kapoor.
Sonam Kapoor Education
|Qualification||Bachelor's degree in Economics and Political Science|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir , Juhu, Mumbai|
|College||University of Mumbai, Mumbai
University of East London, London
Sonam Kapoor's Photos Gallery
Sonam Kapoor Career
Known For: Khoobsurat
Salary: 2-3 crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: $10 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Anil Kapoor
Mother: Sunita Kapoor
Brother(s): Harshvardhan Kapoor
Sister(s): Rhea Kapoor
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Anand Ahuja
- Sahir Berry
- Punit Malhotra
Sonam Kapoor Favorites
Hobbies: Reading, shopping, playing video games, writing, collecting paintings
Favorite Food: Pav Bhaji, Tandoor Crab, Chicken with Ginger and Potatoes, Mustard Fish, Cholar Dal, Pork Belly Bun, Dahi Batata Puri, Chocolates
Favorite Destination: Rome, New York, Paris, London
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Sonam Kapoor!
- Sonam Kapoor was born in Mumbai to a Punjabi father and Sindhi mother.
- She has been suffering from diabetes since her teenage and has to follow a strict diet routine and a daily insulin injection to stay healthy.
- Sonam’s weight was around 90 kg, but later she lost around 30 kg of weight for her debut film Saawariya (2007), opposite Ranbir Kapoor.
- She vowed not to marry an actor.
- She had a fight with her co-actor Abhay Deol during filming Aisha, after which, they both decided not to work together again in future.
- Sonam Kapoor is really fond of dancing. She always loves to show her dancing talents. Furthermore, she is proficient enough in classical dancing.
- She is exceptionally fit now. Though, at one time when Sonam was not fit. Her ex-boyfriend created some unfriendly comments regarding her weight and she ultimately had to break off her relationship.
- Sonam is a superstar kid; we all are familiar with the fact that the life of a celebrity kid is just like a bed of roses. Although, she always prefer to take this matter in her own hands.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali, a famous filmmaker, once suggested Sonam Kapoor to try her luck in acting. Prior that Sonam has done the job of an assistant director for Sanjay.
- We all are familiar with the fact that Arjun Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor are cousins. Though, not all of us are cognizant of the fact that, Ranveer Singh is also her cousin.
- Perfumes are something that Sonam Kapoor never compromises with. Her most favorite perfume is Michael Kors.