Full Name:Dia Mirza
Age:38 years old (in 2020)
Date of Birth:9 December 1981
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m)
Weight:53 kg (117 lbs)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Dia Mirza is a renowned Indian model, filmmaker, film actress as well as an Activist who predominantly recognized for her remarkable work in Hindi movies as well as in Bengali movies. She was born in Hyderabad, Telangana, India on 9th December, 1981.
On 2nd December, 2000 in Manila, Philippines, Dia Mirza conquered the title of “Miss Asia Pacific”. In this particular beauty competition, she was bestowed with two more awards, such as “The Sony Best Choice Award” as well as “Miss Beautiful Smile”. Dia’s father named Frank Hendrick is a famous interior designer in German. Once she was 6 years old, their father and mother got separated. After her mom “Deepa Mirza” tied the knot with “Ahmed Mirza” so that is why, whose name is Mirza. Dia’s real father Frank Hendrick passed away once she was only 9 years old. Dia Mirza initiated her schooling with Vidyaranya High School located in Hyderabad pursued by her graduated from Ambedkar University Hyderabad.
After she won the titled of Miss Asia Pacific she became more famous and getting noted by Bollywood film producers as well as film director desired to include her in their forthcoming movies. Though she initiated her career in Bollywood with the movie titled “Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein” released in the year 2001 alongside R Madhavan. This was a megahit movie at Indian box office. For her wonderful acting in this debutant movie she earned Zee Cine Awards as well as Bollywood movie award for the Best Debut.
From the years 2002 to 2018, Dia Mirza was casted in the movies such as Dum, Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge, Blackmail, Kyun…! Ho Gaya Na, Lage Raho Munna Bhai, Phir Hera Pheri, Krazzy 4, Shootout at Lokhandwala, Sanju and Hum Tum Aur Ghost. She also produced 2014, Hindi movie titled Bobby Jasoos featuring Vidya Balan, Arjan Bajwa and Ali Fazal.
In the year 2016, Dia Mirza made her first television debut with the show titled Ganga – The Soul of India aired on Living Foodz Channel. Aside from movies she is also actively participated into charitable as well as social works like she together with Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan openly declared for the sustenance of Narmada Bachao Andolan. In the year 2017, Dia Mirza was elected as the brand emissary of Wildlife Trust of India. She has also been elected as UN “Environment’s Goodwill Emissary for India”.
Dia Mirza was born to a German graphic & interior designer named Frank Handrich. In 2014, she married to a renowned filmmaker named Sahil Sangha.
Facts You Never Knew About Dia Mirza!
- Her parents got divorced when she was only 4½, soon after her mother married an Indian Muslim from Hyderabad (Ahmed Mirza).
- During her college days, she used to work as a marketing executive for a media firm, her mother was against her working while studying and wanted her to go to a law school in Bengaluru.
- Dia Mirza won the Miss Asia-Pacific title in 2000 and was the 2nd runner-up of Miss India competition.
- Dia has her own website where she writes about various issues.
- Is Dia Mirza addicted to smoking? : No
- Is Dia Mirza alcoholic? : Not Known
- She was born to a Bengali Hindu mom and a German Christian father.
- Dia was only 4 years old once her parents got separated, after which her mom married to a Muslim from Hyderabad, India named Ahmed Mirza.
- All through her college days, she was employed as a marketing manager for a media agency.
- In the year 2000, Dia Mirza first time starred in Babul Supriyo’s pop single titled Khoya Khoya Chand alongside Akashdeep Saigal.
- She has her own official blog wherein she writes about several social concerns.
Dia Mirza Education
Qualification: Bachelor of Arts (Correspondence)
School: Vidyaranya High School, Hyderabad
Nasr School, Khairtabad, Hyderabad
College: Stanley Girls Junior College, Hyderabad (Dropped out)
Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad
Dia Mirza Gallery
Dia Mirza Career
Profession: Actress, Model
Debut TV Series/Movie:
- Film Debut: Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein (2001)
- TV Debut: Ganga – The Soul of India (2016)
Salary: 50-60 lakh/film (INR)
Net Worth: $2 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Late Frank Handrich (Graphic designer, Architect), Late Ahmed Mirza (Step-father)
Mother: Deepa Mirza (Interior designer, Landscaper)
Brother(s): Not Available
Sister(s): Not Available
Marital Status: Married
Husband/Boyfriend: Sahil Sangha (Businessman, m.2014-present)
Son(s): Not Available
Daughter(s): Not Available
- Sahil Sangha (Businessman)
Dia Mirza Favorites
Hobbies: Meditation, painting, yoga, horse riding, reading, writing
Favorite Actor: Tom Cruise
Favorite Actress: Aishwarya Rai
Favorite Food: Stews, Broths, Khichdi, Khubbani Ka Meetha, Gajjar Ka Halwa
Favorite Destination: New York, Europe
Favorite Color: Black
Marzia Bisognin Wish Marzia Bisognin Happy Birthday
Jelena Jovanova Wish Jelena Jovanova Happy Birthday
Amanda Arcuri Wish Amanda Arcuri Happy Birthday
Ashley Liao Wish Ashley Liao Happy Birthday
Kulbhushan Kharbanda Wish Kulbhushan Kharbanda Happy Birthday