|Bhaijaan, Sallu, Dabangg, Tiger
|58 years old (in 2024)
|Date of Birth
|27 December 1965
|Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan
|Actor, Producer, Television Host
|Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|5 feet 8 inches (1.74 m)
|75 kg (165 lbs)
Salman Khan is a legendary Indian movie actor, occasional singer, film producer and a famous television personality. He was born in Indore, India on 27th December, 1965. He is the son of a fabulous writer Salim Khan, who confined a number of super hits in the past years like Deewaar, Sholay and Don. In 1988, Salman Khan initiated his acting carrier by appearing in a supporting role with the movie Biwi Ho To Aisi. In the same year, he had the prominent role in Indian box office romantic super hit Maine Pyar Kiy from where he became a darling personality of Indian cinema.
Succeeding with other box office mega hits he showed his stunning performance in the movies Andaz Apna Apna, Saajan, Karan Arjun, Hum Aapke Hain Koun, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Khamoshi: The Musical. His makeovers can be vulnerable, sensitive, aggressive, charming and funny as his character demands.
In the year 1998, Salman Khan was arrested by police from the shooting site of the movie Hum Saath-Saath Hain, for hunting a protected wild animal and spent around a week behind bars. In 2002, Salman had knockout the headlines once he crashed his Land Cruiser nearby American Express bakery Bandra, killing a man and hurting others.
In the year 2003, he gave his passionately charged performance as playing a fanatical lover in “In Your Name” that deciphered into positive reviews and a good run at Indian box office. His work was noticed worldwide in the movie Phir Milenge wherein he played the character of an AIDS patient. It was very well admired by the WHO (World Health Organization) for depicting the problems of AIDS patients in current world.
In the year 2007, Salman Khan instigated Being Human – Salman Khan Foundation. This non-profit organization assists the underprivileged in locations such as health-care and education. In recent times, he appeared in manifold record breaking box office megahit Dabangg, Bodyguard and Ready.
- Hit and run case: In 2002, Khan was involved in a hit and run case in which his car ran over a group of people sleeping on the pavement, killing one and injuring four others. He was later convicted of reckless and negligent driving and sentenced to five years in prison, although he was later acquitted on appeal.
- Blackbuck poaching case: In 1998, Khan was accused of poaching blackbucks (a species of antelope) while shooting for a film in Rajasthan. He was later convicted and sentenced to five years in prison, although he was later released on bail.
- Domestic violence: Khan has also been accused of domestic violence by his former girlfriend, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
- Rape comment: In 2016, Khan faced criticism for making a comment that seemed to suggest that he felt like he had been raped while filming a grueling movie schedule. He later apologized for the comment.
- COVID-19 vaccine controversy: In 2021, Khan faced backlash for saying that he did not believe in vaccines and that he would not get vaccinated against COVID-19.
Check out exclusive ➡facts about Salman Khan.
Salman Khan Education
Qualification: High School
School: The Scindia School, Gwalior (M.P.) & St. Stanislaus High School, Bandra (Bombay)
College: left his studies after class 12th. He was not good in studies
Salman Khan Career
Profession: Actor, Producer, Television Host
Known For: His best performance in his movie series, i.e., Dabangg Series
Film debut: Biwi Ho To Aisi (supporting role)
Net Worth: $300 Million
Family & Relatives
Father: Salim Khan (former screenwriter)
Mother: Sushila Charak (by birth), Helen (stepmother)
Brother: Sohail Khan
Arbaaz Khan (both younger)
Marital Status: Single
- Sangeeta Bijlani (actress)
- Somy Ali (actress)
- Aishwarya Rai (actress)
- Katrina Kaif (actress)
- Faria Alam (former model & Football Association secretary)
- Iulia Vantur (actress)
Facts You Never Knew About Salman Khan
- Salman Khan is the eldest son of a famous screenwriter Salim Khan and Sushil Charak. Her Mom, afterwards chosen the name, Salma Khan.
- Salman Khan grew up with his brothers Sohail Khan and Arbaaz Khan in Bandra, Mumbai.
- Salman is a great swimmer since his childhood.
- In 1988 movie, Biwi Ho To Aisi, Salman Khan’s voice was dubbed by another artist.
- His first prominent breakthrough in Bollywood came with the movie Maine Pyaar Kiya, which was one of top grossing movies at that time. Further, this was his first movie with the actress Reema Lagoo, which afterwards made their pair immensely famous as son and mother.
- Salman Khan rejected a leading negative role offered by Abbas Mustan to him in his movie Baazigar, which afterwards went to Shah Rukh Khan, the movie went on to become a megahit blockbuster.
- Salman strongly believes in lucky gems and he always wears his turquoise gemstone bracelet off and on screen. Salman’s father also believes in the same.
- He is obsessed with cleansers and soaps and his bathroom is piled up with a selection of soaps, though he specifically likes vegetable extracts and natural fruit cleansers.
- Salman Khan is one of the most talked about actors of Bollywood. He has got an immense fan following and his movies are always treated as a celebration by all his fans.
- Salman Khan’s recent film ‘Race 3’ which saw a huge collection in the first week, seems poised for another addition to his long list of hits.
- Salman Khan is known to be a mentor to many young talents and offers them his support till they get a firm foothold in the industry.
- Salman Khan is the unbeatable king of the box-office today with back-to-back blockbusters like ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ and ‘Sultan’. Not only this, but the actor has also helped several newbies establish their careers in Bollywood.
- That Salman Khan is very choosy about the manner in which he wants things to be, is quite a known fact.
Who is Salman Khan?
Salman Khan is an Indian actor, producer, television host, born on 27 December, 1965 in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India.
How old is Salman Khan?
Salman Khan is 58 years old as of February 2024.
How tall is Salman Khan?
Salman Khan is 5 feet 8 inches (1.74 m).