Full Name:Sanjay Leela Bhansali
Profession:Film Director, Producer, Music Director, Screenwriter
Age:57 years old (in 2020)
Date of Birth:24 February 1963
Birthplace:Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5’ 8½” (1.74 m)
Weight:73 kg (161 lbs)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Sanjay Leela Bhansali is a massively acclaimed Indian movie director. He is considered as an alumnus of the Film & TV Institute of India. He has espoused his middle name “Leela” as a compliment to his Mom, Leela Bhansali.
Bhansali initiated his career as an associate to Vidhu Vinod Chopra and was included in the production of movies like Parinda, Kareeb and 1942 A Love Story. Though, both had a knock-on effect when Sanjay Leela Bhansali denied to direct the movie Kareeb and made his directorial debut movie outside Chopra camp with Khamoshi – The Musical, a commercially failed, though critically commended narration of a daughter’s exertion to communicate with her deaf parents.
Bhansali’s next movie was a three-sided love story, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, which established his idiosyncratic stamp for visual splendor and generating auras of festivity and celebration. The film was a commercially successful and won several awards. His next movie Devdas was Bhansali’s verse to the famous novel of same name.
Upon its theatrical release within India, the movie surfaced as the top grossing movie. It also received notable Bollywood awards and was India’s authorized entry to Oscars. This musical received a substantial reception at Cannes, where it was premiered.
Then the movie Black came, which Time Magazine chosen as the 5th of Ten Best Movies of 2005 across the world. Black broke a record at Filmfare Awards 2006, winning 11th awards. After having four achievements, Sanjay Leela Bhansali suffered his first major flop as Saawariya, which was met with simultaneously poor collection and sharp criticisms at Indian box office. Bhansali’s next directorial project was titled Guzarish featuring Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Hrithik Roshan.
Facts You Never Knew About Sanjay Leela Bhansali!
- As his father, Navin Bhansali, was a filmmaker, Sanjay Leela Bhansali was always surrounded by directors and actors. He was captivated by the art of film direction; considerably, that in only his second standard, he made a decision as to what field he will choose.
- His father, though, couldn’t be an efficacious producer and hence knew the exertion that comes allied with Bollywood. Therefore, his father proposed young Bhansali to follow a career in some other profession.
- Prior making his directorial debut, Sanjay Leela Bhansali functioned as a subordinate to director Vidhu Vinod Chopra. The duet directed two movies namely Parinda and 1942: A love Story.
- Even though Bhansali’s debut movie, Khamoshi: The Musical earned good critical comments though it failed to perform well at Indian box office.
- Success wasn’t away from him though, as his 2nd film, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam featuring Salman Khan, Aishwarya Rai and Ajay Devgan became a megahit blockbuster.
- Although Sanjay Leela Bhansali maintains a peaceful disposition in front of camera but sometimes he is infamous for his immoral temper on the sets. It is supposed that owing to this bad trait, he had fallout with famous actor Salman Khan. The two were not even talking with each other for a long time.
- Celebrities were now on Bhansali’s side as his next film, Devdas, emerged as the top grossing movie of 2002.
Sanjay Leela Bhansali Education
Qualification: Course in Editing
School: Not Available
College: Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
Sanjay Leela Bhansali Gallery
Sanjay Leela Bhansali Career
Profession: Film Director, Producer, Music Director, Screenwriter
Debut TV Series/Movie: Film (Director): Khamoshi: The Musical (1996)
Film (Music Director): Guzaarish (2010)
TV Debut (As a Judge): Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa Season 1 (2006)
Salary: Not Available
Net Worth: Not Available
Family & Relatives
Marital Status: Single
Vaibhavi Merchant, Choreographer (Ex-fiancee)
Sanjay Leela Bhansali Favorites
Hobbies: Reading poetry, listening to vintage music
Favorite Actor: Dada Kondke, Dilip Kumar
Favorite Actress: Helen, Madhuri Dixit
Favorite Food: Not Available
Favorite Color: Black
Niharika Ghai Wish Niharika Ghai Happy Birthday
Kenneth San Jose Wish Kenneth San Jose Happy Birthday
Lil Nas X Wish Lil Nas X Happy Birthday
Amruta Fadnavis Wish Amruta Fadnavis Happy Birthday
Morgan Obenreder Wish Morgan Obenreder Happy Birthday
Jaya Bachchan Wish Jaya Bachchan Happy Birthday