Full Name:Sanjay Balraj Dutt
Age:61 years old (in 2020)
Date of Birth:29 July 1959
Birthplace:Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:6’ (1.83 m)
Weight:84 kg (185 lbs)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Sanjay Dutt is a highly talented movie star of Bollywood, who was born in Bombay State, India on 29th July, 1959. Sanjay belongs to an affluent family with ironic Bollywood roots. His father Sunil Dutt was a renowned actor as well as a politician whereas his mother Nargis was a former actress of Bollywood.
Called ‘Sanju Baba’ in the movie circuit and by fans, the handsome, hulking and tall actor exudes a magnetic appeal and maturity off and on screen. For Sanjay Dutt, the route to fame had not been so convenient. There were a number of misfortunes in Sanjay’s life that wreaked him, starting from his youth, once he took up drugs, owing to his Mom’s death by cancer and the stresses of being a son of superstars, for which he suffered recuperation in Texas.
Sanjay’s encounter with misfortune though continued. The death of his former wife Richa Sharma, losing legal guardianship battle of his daughter, and the separation from his second wife Rhea Pillai, were the downsides on the family front. Determined by controversies about his notorious arrests and jail verdicts served because of his so-called involvement in TADA bomb-blast case, the illegitimate ownership of firearms caused him a severe mental distress. Though, his ‘Never Give In’ slogan in life made him to stage a tremendous comeback, which can be observed through his numerous box office hits.
Sanjay Dutt made his first Bollywood appearance with the super hit movie Rocky, though his ultimate breakthrough came in the character of a villain in the movie Khalnayak. Progressively building his career in acting, Sanjay’s versatility and maturity was exhibited through his stunning roles in comedy, romantic and action movies, earning him excellent reviews. In spite of the tough times Sanjay Dutt tumbled, he always made box office clinking with fabulous hits like Naam, Vidhaata, Saajan, Sadak, Mission Kashmir and Vaastav.
Sanjay Dutt’s upcoming movies involve Mera Bharat Mahaan, Munna Bhai Chale Amerika, Dus Kahaniyan and Shootout at Lokhandwala. Considering amongst India’s Top 10 list for Most Influential Personalities of Bollywood, Sanjay Dutt has won several Awards as well as nominations for his marvelous acting.
Facts You Never Knew About Sanjay Dutt!
- Sanjay Dutt’s Mom Nargis always used to call him “Chand” (Moon).
- He started to take drugs once he was in high school.
- He amended the spells of his name from Sunjay to Sanjay after his drug recuperation; as he desired to start a new life with a new name.
- Sanjay Dutt was listed amongst top Bollywood actors after 1986’s blockbuster movie Naam. His character in the movie was critically acclaimed, both by the critics and audience.
- In the year 1992, Sanjay Dutt was elected for Filmfare Best Actor Award for his megahit movie Saajan.
- The 1999’s megahit blockbuster movie Vaastav – The Reality received massive commendations from audience and his character was considered amongst the exceptional performances in his career.
- Sanjay Dutt plays guitar very well and has also won a Gold medal for playing guitar in a competition held in United States.
- Sanjay Dutt’s life has been very colourful. Even in the trailer of the upcoming film ‘Sanju’ based on the life of Sanjay Dutt, there is a scene in which Ranbir Kapoor is seen speaking about the number of girls he slept with.
- Sanjay Dutt is currently busy with his next titled, ‘Torbaaz’. The actor has been shooting in Kyrgyzstan from a month in freezing temperatures with Kashmiri kids. After the shoot, instead of returning to Mumbai, Dutt apparently stopped at Dubai for shopping.
- Sanju’. The teaser has been liked by everyone and has received a good response from the audience.
- Sanjay Dutt’s jail term was one of the most trying moments of his life. However, it was also this time that brought about a lot of change in the actor and his approach to life.
- Sanjay Dutt is a free man now and needless to say, he is in the happiest phase of his life right now. The actor, who turned 57 on July 29, has quite a few film projects in his kitty too.
Sanjay Dutt Education
Qualification: Not Available
School: The Lawrence School, Sanawar (Near Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh)
College: Not Available
Sanjay Dutt Gallery
Sanjay Dutt Career
Debut TV Series/Movie:
- Film Debut: Child Actor- Reshma Aur Shera (Hindi film of 1972)
- Lead Actor- Rocky (Hindi Film of 1981)
- TV Debut: Bigg Boss Season 5 in 2011 (co-host with Salman Khan)
Salary: Rs. 3-5 crore per film
Net Worth: $10 Million (approx.)
Family & Relatives
Father: Late Sunil Dutt (Actor)
Mother: Late Nargis Dutt (Actress)
Sister(s): Priya Dutt (Politician), Namrata Dutt (both younger)
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Richa Sharma, Actress (m. 1987 div. 1996) Rhea Pillai, Model (m. 1998 div. 2005) Manyata Dutt, Actress (2008-Present)
Son(s): Shahraan Dutt
Daughter(s): Iqra DuttTrishala Dutt
- Tina Munim, Actress (1981-1983)
- Richa Sharma, Actress (1987-1996)
- Madhuri Dixit, Actress (1990-1993)
Sanjay Dutt Favorites
Hobbies: Playing Guitar, Photography, Cooking, Doing workouts, Horse Riding
Favorite Food: Tandoori Chicken
Favorite Color: Black
Rudhraksh Jaiswal Wish Rudhraksh Jaiswal Happy Birthday
Kyle Thomas Wish Kyle Thomas Happy Birthday
Connor Swindells Wish Connor Swindells Happy Birthday
Isaac Kragten Wish Isaac Kragten Happy Birthday
Lily Chee Wish Lily Chee Happy Birthday