Nickname:Ajay, Raju and J
Full Name:Vishal Veeru Devgan
Profession:Actor, Director, Producer
Age (as of 2019):50 years old
Date of Birth:2 April 1969
Birthplace:New Delhi, India
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m)
Weight:78 kg (172 lbs)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Bored? Watch video biography of Ajay Devgan
Ajay Devgan is an Indian movie actor, producer and director. He was born to renowned Bollywood fight master, stuntman and director named Veeru Devgan on 2nd April, 1967. Ajay Devgan initiated his career thru entering into the world of Bollywood in early 1990s as a thrilling hero.
In the year 1991, he came into limelight with the movie “Phool aur Kantee” which earned him Best Debut Filmfare Award. It is stated that Ajay Devgan used to pursue his father to the shootings and sets which proved influential in developing his fasciation in this field.
Formerly an inhabitant of Punjab, Ajay Devgan earned his graduation degree from Mithibai College and Silver Beach High School in Juhu afterwards stepped into Hindi movie industry. Aside from his father, Ajay’s cousin named Anil is also into Bollywood movie direction. In February 24, 1999, Ajay Devgan married to famous Bollywood actress Kajol and the couple was blessed with a baby girl named Nysa on April 20, 2003. On 13th September 2010, their second child – a baby boy was born in Mumbai.
Ajay Devgan learnt to do stunts right from his infantile after his stuntman dad. Henceforth, the initial movies portray Ajay more as an action star. After that, he shifted from thrilling movies to romantic movies like “Ishq” in the year 1997. In 1999, movies like “Hum Dil de Chuke Sanam” saw Ajay Devgan deliver one of his remarkable performances. He gave a few critically commended performances in films like ‘Dil Kya Kare’, Zakhm, ‘The Legend of Bhagat Singh, Company, Kaal, Bhoot and Omkara. All through his career as a prosperous actor, Ajay received critical acclamation and numerous awards were received by him.
Facts You Never Knew About Ajay Devgan!
- Ajay Devgan was born into a Punjabi family with its roots in Amritsar.
- In the year 1985, he debuted as a child star in Bapus’s Pyari Behna in which he portrayed the character of child form of Mithun Chakraborty role.
- At his 9 years of age, he initiated driving, as his father was a choreographer of stunts and permitted him to drive on sets.
- His actual name is Vishal Devgan, though for Bollywood industry, he amended his name to Ajay. Afterwards, he amended his surname from Devgan to Devgn on a few numerological advices.
- Ajay Devgan captivated the whole audience with his leading role in the movie Phool Aur Kaante, which was a megahit blockbuster.
- He got immense recognition from the viewers for his stunts in the movie. Furthermore, his two motorbikes balancing stunts got immensely famed after Phool Aur Kaante that it was frequently utilized in his other movies later.
- Ajay Devgan was the topmost choice for the movie Karan Arjun, which afterward went to legendary actor Salman Khan. Ajay was also offered to appear in Darr, though on account of a few reasons he declined that offer and Shah Rukh Khan ultimately got that role.
- Ajay Devgan has also delivered a superfluity of cameo appearances in films like Taarzan: The Wonder Car, Sar Utha Ke Jiyo, Ready, Teen Patti, Guest in London, Poster Boys; Fitoor etc.
Ajay Devgan Education
School: Silver Beach High School, Mumbai
College: Mithibai College, Mumbai
Ajay Devgan Gallery
Ajay Devgan Career
Profession: Actor, Director, Producer
Debut TV Series/Movie: Film Debut: Phool Aur Kaante (1991)
TV Debut: Rock-N-Roll Family (2008, as a judge)
Salary: 25 Crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: USD $35 million approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Veeru Devgan (Stunt Director)
Mother: Veena Devgan
Brother(s): Anil Devgan (Director)
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Kajol, Actress (1999-present)
Ajay Devgan is pretty active on Instagram
View this post on Instagram