Full Name:Vicky Kaushal
Age:31 years old (in 2020)
Date of Birth:16 May 1988
Birthplace:Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:6 feet 3 inches (1.91 m)
Weight:80 kg (176 lbs)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Vicky Kaushal is an Indian actor who was born on 16th May 1988. His father Sham Kaushal was a stuntman and action director in the Hindi films. He belongs to a Punjabi family He got his education from Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology.
At first he wanted to pursue his career as an engineer, but later he realized that he isn’t the kind of a person who can work in offices. The best thing that he could think of was to become an actor and started accompanying his father on film sets. He studied acting from Kishore Namit Kapoor’s academy.
He also worked as an assistant director to Anurag Kashyap in the making of Gangs of Wasseypur (2012). Before getting a lead role in the movies, he did minor roles in movies like Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana (2012), Bombay Velvet (2015) and Geek Out (2013). His first major role was in the movie Masaan (2015) in which he worked alongside Richa Chadda and Shweta Tripathi. This movie won none the IIFA and Screen Awards for Best Male Debut.
He is also getting very popular due to his movie Love Per Square Foot (2018) in which he worked alongside Angira Dhar and Alankrita Sahai. He also played a role in Raazi (2016) in which he worked alongside Alia Bhatt. This movie became one of the highest grossing Hindi films. He was also seen in an episode of Lust Stories (2018) which is a Netflix original series. He also worked alongside Ranbir Kapoor in Sanju 2018. Other than these he also appeared in Zubaan (2015), Raman Raghav 2.0 (2016), Manmarziyaan (2018) and some others.
He has won Zee Cine Award, Screen Award, International Indian Film Academy Award for Masaan. He won Indian Film Festival of Melbourne Award, Filmfare Award and Zee Cine award for Sanju.
Facts You Never Knew About Vicky Kaushal!
- His zodiac sign is Taurus.
- He was born in a chawl in suburban Mumbai.
- He has a younger brother named Sunny who is an actor.
- As a child, he used to like study, cricked and movies.
- He got his first acting job in Laal Pencil.
- His movie Masaan was called as a leading example of increased realism in Indian cinema by The New York Times.
- He got nominated for Asian Film Award for Best Newcomer for his performance in Masaan.
- He was featured by Forbes India in their 30 under 30 lists of 2018.
- The Times of India and India Today gave very positive reviews about him for his work in Sanju.
- His movie Sanju earned US$ 81 million at the box office.
- He worked alongside Abhishek Bachchan and Taapsee Pannu in Manmarziyaan.
- He played the role of a military officer in Uri : The Surgical Strike (2019).
- He went through five months of military training in martial arts sessions in order to do justice to his role in Uri : The Surgical Strike.
Vicky Kaushal Education
Qualification: Degree in Electronics and Telecommunications
School: Sheth Chunilal Damodardas Barfivala High School, Mumbai
College: Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai
Vicky Kaushal Gallery
Vicky Kaushal Career
Debut TV Series/Movie: Film: Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana (2012)
Salary: ₹3 crore/film (as in 2018)
Net Worth: Not Available
Bored? Watch video biography of Vicky Kaushal
Family & Relatives
Father: Sham Kaushal (Action Director)
Mother: Veena Kaushal (Homemaker)
Brother(s): Sunny Kaushal (Assistant director)
Marital Status: Single
Vicky Kaushal Favorites
Hobbies: Dancing, Travelling
Favorite Actress: Dia Mirza
Favorite Food: Aloo paranthas
Favorite Destination: Burano Island in Italy
Favorite Color: Black