Full NameAnurag Singh Kashyap
ProfessionFilm director, Screenwriter, Producer and Actor
Age (as of 2019)47 years old
Date of Birth10 September, 1972
BirthplaceGorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height5’ 11” (1.78 m)
Weight84 kg (185 lbs)
Anurag Kashyap is a critically praised Bollywood film director as well as screenwriter. As a film director, he is commonly recognized for the Hindi movie Black Friday, an award-winning and controversial movie regarding 1993 bombings in Bombay, followed by Dev D, Gulaal and No Smoking. As a screenwriter, Anurag Kashyap also wrote scripts for Filmfare Award winning movie Satya plus Academy Award nominated Canadian movie Water.
Anurag Kashyap was born on 10th September, 1972 in Gorakhpur, India. His father worked for state electricity board; hence he grew up in numerous cities, including Saharanpur and Varanasi. Anurag Kashyap completed his schooling in Dehradun, and after reaching eight years of age, at Scindia School in Gwalior. Anurag settled in Delhi for his advanced studies and enrolled for a zoology course at University of Delhi. He graduated in the year 1993.
Anurag Kashyap firstly used to write for a TV serial, he got his initial break as a co-writer with the movie Satya in the year1998. He launched his directorial debut with the movie Paanch, though unluckily, the film was denied for theatrical release on account of censorship problem. He afterward directed Black Friday a movie. This movie release was also held up for a couple of years by Indian Censor Board. After 2 years, the movie ultimately released in the year 2007 and gathered massive critical acclaim.
With his movie Dev.D, a modern version of Devdas was his initial commercial success as a film director. This movie was trailed by yet another critically acclaimed movie Gulaal released in the year 2009. His thrilling suspense movie That Girl in Yellow Boots also received a good response from movie pundits. His major hit came in the year 2012 with a crime serial, Gangs of Wasseypur. Anurag’s next movies were Bombay Velvet and Ugly. Unfortunately, both of them failed at Indian box office.
Anurag Kashyap married to a well-known film Editor Aarti Bajaj in the year 2003. The couple had a daughter though this marriage was of short time period and the couple finally divorced in the year 2009. He afterward married to a well-known actress Kalki Koechlin in the year 2011 though after 4 years of marriage, they also divorced in 2015.
Facts You Never Knew About Anurag Singh Kashyap!
- All through his early days in Mumbai, he spent several months on benches and street.
- Anurag Kashyap’s first job in Mumbai was on Prithvi Theatre, though, his first theater play was incomplete on account of director’s death.
- He started his own film production company in the year 2009, named Anurag Kashyap Films Pvt. Ltd.
- His is typically recognized for his unique style of film making wherein he pursues massive research on every single characters and expansively uses color and light effects.
- Apart from directing films, Anurag Kashyap also appeared in a number of films like Happy New Year, Black Friday, Bhoothnath Returns, No Smoking and others.
- In the year 2013, French Government honored him with “Ordre des Arts et des Lettres”.
- Anurag Kashyap is commonly known for his guerrilla-film-making practice wherein the camera is unseen and actors are provided chance to extemporize.
|Anurag Singh Kashyap Education|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Science|
|School||Green School, Dehradun, Scindia School, Gwalior|
|College/University||Hans Raj College (University of Delhi), New Delhi|
|Anurag Singh Kashyap Gallery|
|Anurag Singh Kashyap Career|
|Profession||Film director, Screenwriter, Producer and Actor|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
|Net Worth||$110 million|
|Family & Relatives|
|Wife/Girlfriend||Aarti Bajaj, Film Editor (2003-2009) Kalki Koechlin, Actress (2011-2015)|
|Brother(s)||Abhinav Kashyap (Film Director and Screenwriter)|
Aarti Bajaj (2003-2009)
|Anurag Singh Kashyap Fan Following||
Anurag Kashyap is pretty active on Instagram
Anurag Kashyap || Full Episode || The Slow Interview With Neelesh Misra