Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m)|
|Weight||71 kg (157 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Full Name||Naseeruddin Shah|
|Age||72 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||20 July 1949|
|Birthplace||Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh, India|
Naseeruddin Shah is a legendary film actor of Bollywood who is massively recognized for his roles in both art movies as well as mainstream movies. He was born in Delhi, India on 20th July 1950. Naseeruddin Shah completed his graduated from Aligarh University with a major in arts. In 1973, he passed from National School of Drama and on the same day he enrolled for the Television and Film Institute of India.
Naseeruddin Shah married to Ratna Pathak, The couple has a daughter named Heeba Manara Shah. Both his daughter and wife have also graduated from National School of Drama.
In the year1975, Shyam Benegal offered him a role in the movie Nishant. He soon recognized himself as a splendid actor. He even received National Film Best Actor Award for his stunning role of a blind gentleman in the film Sparsh and also for the movie Paar. All through this period numerous film directors were directing art films. This was a golden movement for Naseeruddin Shah and he appeared in a number of films like Bhumika, Ardh Satya, Mirch Masala and Bhavni Bhavai. Shah’s versatility as an film actor can be confirmed by the multiplicity of roles he has played in movies like Valley of Flowers Parzania, Mixed Doubles, Guru Mahaaguru, 3 Deewarein, China Gate, Gaja Gamini, Droh Kaal, Vishwatma, Agnichakra and many more.
Naseeruddin Shah also appeared in a number of mainstream films, with Karma in the year 1986 as one of its conquerors. This was trailed by movies like Ijaazat, Jalwa, and Hero Hiralal in which he played the leading roles. He has also performed in supporting roles for the movies Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa and Tridev. He played a negative role for the megahit movies Mohra, Krissh and Sarfarosh.
Naseeruddin Shah has also appeared in numerous global projects such as The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Monsoon Wedding. He acted in an Indian version of Shakespeare’s Macbeth, named Maqbool and another version of Shakespeare’s Othello, named Omkara. He won three Filmfare Awards for his role in the movie Aakrosh, Masoom and Chakra. In the year 2003, Naseeruddin Shah was bestowed with India’s 3rd highest civilian award titled Padma Bhushan.
Check out exclusive ➡ facts about Naseeruddin Shah.
Naseeruddin Shah Education
|Qualification||Graduate in Arts|
|School||St. Anselm's Ajmer, Rajasthan
St Joseph's College, Nainital
|College||Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh
National School of Drama, Delhi
Naseeruddin Shah's Photos Gallery
Naseeruddin Shah Career
Profession: Actor, Director
- Film: Nishant (1975)
- Directorial: Yun Hota to Kya Hota (2006)
Net Worth: $50 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Aley Mohammed Shah
Mother: Farrukh Sultan
Brother(s): Retd. Lt. General Zameerud-din Shah and 2 more
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Ratna Pathak (m. 1982)
Son(s): Imaad Shah, Vivaan Shah (Both Actors)
Daughter(s): Heeba Shah, Actress (Daughter from first wife)
Manara Sikri (1969)
Naseeruddin Shah Favorites
Hobbies: Playing Tennis, Reading
Favorite Actress: Tennis
Favorite Food: Dubai
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Naseeruddin Shah!
- Naseeruddin Shah began acting in theater plays when he was only 14 years old. Merchant of Venice and Shakespeare was his first theatrical plays.
- Not numerous individuals are familiar with the fact that Naseeruddin Shah is a successor of 19th-century warlord titled Jan-Fishan Khan. The latter supported the British all through Indian Agitation of 1857.
- After becoming a well-known superstar, Naseeruddin did not give up his affection for theater plays. Consequently, together with some of his friends he established a theater group titled “Motley Productions” in the year 1977.
- Fascinatingly, Naseeruddin Shah was the very first choice to play the character of Mahatma Gandhi in the movie “Gandhi”. Though, Ben Kingsley dominated him at auditions and finally grabbed this role.
- Misfortune has continuously followed Naseeruddin as to date above 20 films featuring him have been put on hold.