Her Social Media Profiles
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|5 feet 4 inches (1.63 m)
|55 kg (121 lbs)
|Salt & Pepper
|66 years old (in 2024)
|Date of Birth
|18 March 1957
|Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ratna Pathak is a renowned Indian actress as well as a film director mainly recognized for her work in television, theater and Bollywood movies. Her work in theatre comprises off a sequence of plays in both Hindi and English. Ratna rose to utmost fame after she starred in the megahit television serial titled Idhar Udhar in 1980s.
Though, she is predominantly recognized for her role of Maya Sarabhai in commercially and critically commended TV serial Sarabhai vs Sarabhai. Ratna Pathak also appeared in supporting roles in a number of movies covering romantic drama serial Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, Golmaal 3, Ek Mai Aur Ekk Tu, Kapoor and Sons and Khoobsurat, trialed by the massively applauded comic movie Lipstick Under My Burkha for which she was elected for Filmfare Award for the Best Actress in a Supporting Role. Ratna Pathak married to acclaimed Bollywood and theater actor Naseeruddin Shah in the year1982.
Ratna Pathak was born in Mumbai, India on 18th March 1957. She was born to renowned actress Dina Pathak and Baldev Pathak. She belongs to a Gujarati Hindu family. She is the youngest sister of actress Supriya Pathak. Ratna Pathak completed her schooling from J. B. Vachha High School, Mumbai and afterwards joined National School of Drama, Delhi.
Also starring in a number of successful movies, covering Mirch Masala, Ratna Pathak starred as the wife in the movie The Perfect Murder. She also performed in megahit comedy show Sarabhai vs. Sarabhai, for which she won ITA Award for the Best Actress – Comedy in the year 2005. In 2008, Ratna Pathak appeared in the megahit movie Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na as the mom of protagonist. Naseeruddin Shah played the role of her husband, as a departed role who talks to her from a photo. She has also appeared in a number of Russian theater plays, as well as co-forming and being a member of “Motley Theatre Group”. She starred in the megahit blockbuster Golmaal 3 alongside Mithun Chakraborty. She was also a part of Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri Selection Committee for the year 2012. In the year 1982, Ratna Pathak married to Naseeruddin Shah. The couple has two sons named Vivaan Shah and Imaad Shah.
Ratna Pathak Education
School: J. B. Vachha High School, Dadar Mumbai
College: National School of Drama, Delhi
Ratna Pathak Career
Known For: Maya Sarabhai’ in sitcom ‘Sarabhai vs Sarabhai
Film: Mandi (1983)
TV: Idhar Udhar (1985), aired on DD National
Family & Relatives
Father: Late Baldev Pathak
Mother: Late Dina Pathak
Sister: Supriya Pathak
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Naseeruddin Shah
No. of Children: 3
Son: Imaad Shah, Musician (elder), Vivaan Shah, Actor
Daughter: Heeba Shah, Actress
Facts You Never Knew About Ratna Pathak
- At first, Ratna Pathak had no plans of arriving in showbiz industry. She felt infuriated by her friends, who always supposed that since her mom was an actor, Ratna would also turn out to be the same.
- Ratna Pathak first time met her expectant husband, Naseeruddin Shah, all through the shoot of a play titled Sambhog Se Sanyas Tak. However at that time, Naseeruddin was recovering from the upshot of a divorce, he fell for Ratna without any thought.
- Firstly, in their careers, Ratna Pathak and her elder sister Supriya were not on perfect terms. Though, both have now worked out their variances.
- For 2012, Ratna Pathak was also the part of esteemed Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan selection committee.
- In a recent interview, Ratna stated that she hates to appear in stereotypical roles and on account of this reason she thinks lots prior saying “Yes” to a movie.
Who is Ratna Pathak?
Ratna Pathak is an Indian actress, born on 18 March, 1957 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
How old is Ratna Pathak?
Ratna Pathak is 66 years old as of February 2024.
How tall is Ratna Pathak?
Ratna Pathak is 5 feet 4 inches (1.63 m).