Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 feet 1 inches (1.55 m)|
|Weight||57 kg (125 lbs)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Full Name||Konkona Sen Sharma|
|Profession||Actress, Writer, Director|
|Age||42 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||3 December 1979|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
Konkona Sen Sharma is one of the finest and most talented actresses of the Bollywood film industry. She has been working in the Hindi cinema and has acted in various Indian movies for which she earned huge success and appreciation. She was born on 3rd December 1979, hailing from Calcutta, West Bengal, India. She is the daughter of Mukul Sharma and Aparna Sen. Being the only pampered child of her parents, she is the most loving daughter who loves to take care of her parents. Konkona Sen Sharma’s skills are not limited to just acting, yet she is blessed with amazing writing and direction skills.
The gorgeous, attractive actress did her schooling from the Calcutta International School and later earned a degree in English Literature from Delhi University as she moved to Delhi after completing her schooling. While she has strong roots in the Bengali film industry because her mother is a famed actress and director in the Bengali film industry. Konkona Sen Sharma is a granddaughter of Chidananda Dasgupta- a film critic who formed the Calcutta Film Society. In 1983, Konkona first appeared in the Bengali movie “Indira”. It was the time when she was just 4 years of age. In 2000, she made her Tollywood debut movie “Ek He Aachhe Kanya” for which she was honored with the Bengali Film Journalists’ Association Awards in the year 2002. She has established herself as the best actress and also tried her hands-on writing and direction. Moreover, she has worked alongside her mother in the Bengali movie “Titli” and was honored with the Kalakaar Award for the best performance. Later, her mother directed a movie named “Mr.& Mrs. Lyer” in which Konkona Sen Sharma was featured. It was an English movie for which she won the National Award for the category of Best Actress. Apart from this, she appeared in the Bollywood movie “OmKaara” starring Ajay Devgan, Saif Ali Khan, and others who played vital roles. Fortunately, Konkona Sen got three Filmfare Awards including the Zee Cine Award and the National Award. She initially appeared in the Bollywood movie “Page 3” which was her first Hindi movie and it was directed by Madhur Bhandarkar. Later, she appeared in another movie “Life in a ….Metro”. While some of her best movies include “Laaga Chunari Mein Daagh” in which she worked alongside Rani Mukherjee, Abhishek Bachchan, and others. Also, she appeared in the most popular movie “Aaja Nachle” starring Madhuri Dixit Nene and others who played vital roles. Konkon Sen Sharma also made an appearance in movies including “The Blue Mug” which was directed by Atul Kumar and it was released in 2009. In 2015, she worked on another film project “The Death In The Gunj” as a writer and a director. However, she has worked in more than 50 movies and also acted in 9 TV serials/ shows including “Picnic”, “Guftagoo”, “Side Hero” and others are worth sharing.
Among various notable achievements, Konkona Sen Sharma won the three Filmfare Awards for the English movie “Mr. & Mrs. Lyer”.
In the year 2010, Konkona Sen Sharma got married to Ranvir Shorey but when things didn’t go well between them, they decided to part their ways. In 2020, the couple got divorced and chose their own path to move on.
Check out exclusive ➡ facts about Konkona Sen Sharma.
Konkona Sen Sharma Education
|Qualification||Degree in English|
|School||Modern High School for Girls, Kolkata
Calcutta International School, Kolkata
|College||St. Stephen's College, Delhi
Konkona Sen Sharma's Photos Gallery
Konkona Sen Sharma Career
Profession: Actress, Writer, Director
Ek Je Aachhe Kanya (2001)
Salary: 75 Lacs – 1 Crore (INR) approx
Net Worth: USD $5 million approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Mukul Sharma
Mother: Aparna Sen
Sister(s): Kamalini Chatterjee (Elder)
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Ranvir Shorey (Actor)
Facts You Never Knew About Konkona Sen Sharma!
- Sen Sharma’s maternal granddad, Chidananda Dasgupta, was a film commentator, researcher, teacher, author and one of the fellow benefactors of the Calcutta Film Society. Her grandma Supriya Dasgupta was a cousin of incredible present day Bengali writer Jibanananda Das.
- In 2002, she won the esteemed National Film Award for Best Actress for her English film “Mr. also, Mrs. Iyer.”
- In her adolescence, she was not permitted to watch commercial films.
- Konkona Sen execution was incorporated into the 2010 issue of the “Best 80 Iconic Performances” by Filmfare.
- She is an energetic peruser of puzzle and spine chillers English books and her most loved writers are Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie.
- She was only 5 years of age when her folks split.
- Like her mom, she is keen on coordinating a film, simply sitting tight for the correct content.
- In 2006, Sen Sharma made her directorial make a big appearance with an 18-minute Bengali short movie titled Naamkoron (Naming Ceremony) for the Kala Ghoda Film Festival.
- Her most noteworthy quality is that she isn’t anxious about making a trick of herself and she doesn’t stress over being chuckled at. Subsequently, her execution in Aaja Nachle is daring and uninhibited.
- In June 2009, Sen Sharma featured in front of an audience first time at Atul Kumar’s The Blue Mug. In 2010, the play was visited around the country and abroad.
- Sen Sharma began dating performing artist and co-star Ranvir Shorey in 2007. The couple got hitched on 3 September 2010 out of a private service.
- The Times Of India announced that Sen Sharma brought forth her first tyke, Haroon, on 15 March 2011 at a South Mumbai healing center.
- Ranvir and Konkona reported their division in September 2015. Despite everything they remain companions and offer the guardianship of their child.
- Sen Sharma acted in Dosar, a Bengali workmanship film by Rituporno Ghosh which was debuted at a few global film celebrations. She won the Best Actress grant at Mahindra Indo-American Arts Council (MIAAC) Film Festival for her execution.