Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||6 feet 0 inches (1.83 m)|
|Weight||75 kg (165 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Known For||Work Predominantly Hindi cinema, British films and Hollywood|
|Full Name||Sahabzade Irfan Ali Khan|
|Date of Birth||7 January 1967|
|Date of Death||April 29, 2020|
|Place of Death||Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute, Mumbai, India|
|Cause of Death||Neuroendocrine tumor|
|Birthplace||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
Irrfan Khan is a renowned Indian movie actor, typically recognized for his work primarily in Hindi movies, in addition to his works in Hollywood and British movies. He was born in Jaipur, Rajasthan on 7th January, 1967 to a Pashto Muslim family. Khan’s Mom, Begum Khan, was from Hakim Tonk family and his father named Jagirdar Khan, from Khajuriya village near Tonk district, associated with a tire business.
The Irrfan Khan’s family name comes from Mongol and Turkish languages and mean great leader or King. Posterities of Ghengis Khan in central Asia espoused Islam and emerged as Moghuls, who subjugated India for more than a few centuries until British rule.
Irrfan Khan was a proficient cricket player. In his earlier 20’s, he was nominated for CK Nayudu Tournament. He did not upturn for the tournament on account of deficiency of funds and consequently he concentrated on acting. In the year 1984, he received a scholarship to National School of Acting New Delhi. Irrfan Khan was awarded with Padma Shri, India’s 4th top civilian honor for his influence to arts fields.
His depiction of Paan Singh Tomar in the applauded biographical athletic drama Paan Singh Tomar bestowed him with National Filmfare Award for the Best Actor as well as a Filmfare Critics Award for the Best Actor. His enactment in BAFTA Award nominated romance “The Lunchbox” garnered him worldwide acclaim by the audiences as well as audiences.
Internationally, Irrfan Khan was in The Namesake, The Darjeeling Limited, The Warrior, Slumdog Millionaire, I Love You, New York, Life of Pi, The Amazing Spider-Man, Inferno and Jurassic World. As of year 2017, his movies have grossed more than $3.643 billion at global box office. In the year 2018, Irrfan Khan was spotted with a neuroendocrine tumor.
Irrfan Khan is married to Sutapa Sikdar, since the year 1995. His wife belongs to Bramin Hindu caste. She is a Dialogue Writer, Film Producer as well as a Screenplay Writer. Famous Movies: Supari, Kahaani, Khamoshi: The Musical, Qarib Qarib and Madaari. The couple has two kids named Babil Khan and Ayaan Khan. Contrasting most Indian movie stars, Irrfan Khan has been opinionated on religion.
Irrfan Khan Education
|Qualification||Diploma in dramatic arts|
|School||National School of Drama|
|College||National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi|
Irrfan Khan's Photos Gallery
Irrfan Khan Career
Profession: Actor, Producer
Known For: Work Predominantly Hindi cinema, British films and Hollywood
- Film: Salaam Bombay (1988, Bollywood)
- The Warrior (2001, British film)
- A Mighty Heart (2007, Hollywood)
- TV: Shrikant (1985)
Salary: 12-14 crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: USD $50 million approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Sahabzada Yaseen Ali Khan (Entreprenuer)
Mother: Sayeeda Begum
Brother(s): Salman and Imran
Sister(s): Rukhsana Begum
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Sutapa Sikdar (m. 1995)
Son(s): Ayaan Khan, Babil Khan
Irrfan Khan Favorites
Favorite Actress: Deepika Padukone
Favorite Food: Muglai food
Favorite Destination: Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat in France
Favorite Color: Black
Favorite Movies: The Men (1950)
Facts You Never Knew About Irrfan Khan!
- Irrfan Khan was born in a family with royal influences from his Mom side, and his father was an affluent Zamindar who desired him to join their family vocation of tires.
- He was a very shy child in his school and his teachers always used to reproach him as his voice was never loud in class.
- He faced lots of exertion in his early age, and he was associated as a renovator of air conditioners and also as an instructor to earn his living.
- Irrfan Khan always aspired to emerge as a cricketer, though his Mom and Dad were not in favor of this.
- While pursuing his Master’s degree in Jaipur, he was provided a scholarship to join NSD and by chance, he entered in drama world.
- Irrfan Khan starred in a few unnoticed movies all through 90s. Though things changed when he got the chance to portray his role in British-Indian movie, The Warrior.