Nickname:Bips, Bippy, Bipsy, Bonny
Full Name:Bipasha Basu
Age:41 years old (in 2020)
Date of Birth:7 January 1979
Birthplace:New Delhi, India
Zodiac Sign: Capricon
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m)
Weight:57 Kg (125.6 Lbs)
Hair Color:Dark Brown
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Bipasha Basu is a famous Indian movie actress as well as a successful model. She is predominantly recognized for her remarkable acting in Hindi movies, born in New Delhi, India on 7th January 1979, Bipasha was a successful model prior she joined Bollywood film industry. The second in three siblings, Bipasha comes from a non-filmy family background and has grown up in Kolkata and Delhi. Her career in modeling was launched in the year 1996, when she conquered two modeling competitions, the Ford Models Supermodel of the World and Godrej Cinthol Supermodel Contest.
Bipasha Basu made her first Bollywood debut with a negative role in the movie Ajnabee alongside Akshay Kumar in the year 2001 and received best female debut Filmfare award. She afterwards starred in a horror thrilling movie Raaz alongside Dino Morea. The success of this movie made Bipasha a best actress nomination for Filmfare awards and fame from Bollywood film industry, although she gone through a lower phase with her next movie, Chor Machye Shor and Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi not faring well at Indian box office.
In 2003, the viable success of the sensual thrilling movie Jism recognized her as a sexual film icon and also got her Filmfare award for the best villain. After some temperate success and flops of her movies Rudrakh, Zameen, and Barsaat in the next 2 years, Bipasha Basu in 2005-2006 had a bunch of commercial megahits movies. Corporate, No entry, Omkara, Phir hera Pheri and Dhoom 2 were very well acclaimed and Bipasha esteemed in all her distinctive looks from the glamorous to the rustic and the corporate. Her item number from the movie Omkara Beedi jalai le was a commercial hit.
Bipasha Basu afterwards had intermingled success with her films Bachna Ae haseeno and Race performing well and Aa Dheke Zara and Dan dana dan Goal flopping. She has made an entry into Hollywood by way of signing Roland Joffe’s “Singularity”, due for release in the year 2012.
Bipasha Basu dated her Raaz co-actor Dino Morea for more than six year prior breaking up in the year 2002. She afterwards dated her Goal co-actor, John Abraham for almost ten year. The couple officially broke up in the year 2011 and either has not revealed the ultimate cause for this break up. On April 30, 2016, Bipasha Basu married to famous actor Karan Singh Grover; the couple is enjoying a happy married life.
Facts You Never Knew About Bipasha Basu!
- Bipasha Basu is so-called “Lady gunda” by everyone who knew her, because of her looks and tomboyish nature.
- At the age of 17, she started her modeling career.
- Bipasha has been named as one of the most desirable women in the world by many magazines.
- She is a very huge fan of Hollywood actor, Brad Pitt.
- Bipasha is not a brand person, she even picks up her clothes from roadside stores.
- Bipasha Basu initiated her career in modeling when she was only 17 years old.
- She has been called as one of the most desired women around the world by numerous magazines.
- Even if Bipasha is one of the top actresses and models of Bollywood film industry, she says that she always regrets not finalizing her studies and that she could not chase her vision of becoming a doctor.
- Bipasha Basu name means, dark, deep desire.
- She is a fitness freak and has launched her own fitness DVD.
- She is a huge fan of Hollywood star, Brad Pitt.
- Bipasha is not a brand conscious personality; she even chooses her clothes from roadside shops.
Bipasha Basu Education
Qualification: High School
School: Apeejay High School, Delhi (1st-4th standard)
Bhavan's Gangabux Kanoria Vidyamandir, Kolkata (5th-12th standard)
College: Bhawanipur Education Society College, Kolkata (dropped)
Bipasha Basu Gallery
Bipasha Basu Career
Profession: Actress, Model
Debut TV Series/Movie:
- Ajnabee (2001)
Salary: Per film: 1-2 Crores (INR)
Net Worth: 100 Crores (INR)
Family & Relatives
Father: Hirak Basu (Engineer, owns a construction company in Kolkata)
Mother: Mamata Basu (homemaker)
Sister(s): Bidisha Basu (elder), Vijeyata Basu (younger)
Marital Status: Married
Husband/Boyfriend: Karan Singh Grover (Actor)
- Dino Morea (Actor)
- John Abraham (Actor)
- Josh Hartnet (Hollywood Actor)
- Harman Baweja (Actor)
- Karan Singh Grover (Actor)
Bipasha Basu Favorites
Hobbies: Dancing, Reading
Favorite Actress: Priyanka Chopra
Favorite Food: Biryani, teh poshto, Motichoor Laddu
Favorite Destination: Paris
Favorite Color: Pink
Anita Date Wish Anita Date Happy Birthday
Arjun Bijlani Wish Arjun Bijlani Happy Birthday
Danielle Rose Russell Wish Danielle Rose Russell Happy Birthday
Omar Lulu Wish Omar Lulu Happy Birthday
Neha Malik Wish Neha Malik Happy Birthday