Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Body Measurements||42-34-16 inches|
|Height||5 feet 11 inches (1.80 m)|
|Weight||80 kg (176 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
Akshay Kumar is a dashing and handsome hunk of Bollywood film industry. He was born in Amritsar, India on 7th September 1967. His real name is Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia. Prior emerging as an actor he learnt martial arts and employed as a chef in Hong Kong. He tied the knot with renowned actress Twinkle Khanna and the couple was blessed with a son named Aarav. For his proficiency in martial arts he is frequently known as Bruce Lee of India.
It was at the request of his pals that Akshay decided to try his god fortune in acting field. After successfully completing a number of modeling projects, he finally got an offer from film director Raj Sippy to appear in his movie titled Saugandh, which though couldn’t earn well at Indian box office. It was Abbas Mustan’s thrilling movie titled ‘Khiladi’ which made him a superstar overnight. He has merely starred in action and thrilling movies such as Elaan, Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Sabse Bada Khiladi, Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi and Mohra. Akshay Kumar also appeared in a number of romantic movies like Dhadkan, Andaaz and Yeh Dillagi. He starred in numerous films with the titled Khiladi such as Mr. & Mrs. Khiladi, Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi and International Khiladi.
Akshay Kumar’s comic appearance in the movie Mr. and Mrs Khiladi was not so admired. Though ultimately he established his flair and validated that he could appear in romantic movies, action movies, or even in comedy movies with equal level of ease. In 2000, the film Hera Pheri was released which became a megahit. Akshay afterwards became a leading choice for film directors in comedy movies like Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Awara Paagal Deewana, Phir Hera Pheri and Garam Masala. His histrionic roles in movies such as Waqt: The Race Against Time, Bewafaa, Ek Rishta was commended by the audience. His upcoming release “Namastey London” did enormously well at Indian box office. Akshay Kumar also won a number of awards which involve Filmfare award for the Best Villain in Ajnabee, Filmfare award for the Best Comedian in Garam Masala, IIFA Awards for the Best Villain in Ajnabee and IIFA Awards for the Best Comedian in Mujhse Shaadi Karogi.
Check out exclusive ➡facts about Akshay Kumar.
People also read: Govinda
Akshay Kumar Education
Qualification: College Drop-out
School: Don Bosco High School, Mirik, Darjeeling
College: Guru Nanak Khalsa College (King’s Circle)Mumbai
Akshay Kumar Career
Profession: Actor, Producer
Known For: Mr. Bond (1992)
Salary: 25 Crores/film (INR) approx
Net Worth: USD $150 million approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Late Hari Om Bhatia
Mother: Aruna Bhatia
Sister: Alka Bhatia
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Twinkle Khanna (Actress, 2001-present)
No. of Children: 2
Son: Aarav Kumar
Daughter: Nitara Kumar
Akshay Kumar Favorites
Hobbies: Collecting posters of old Bollywood movies, cooking, martial arts, playing volleyball and cricket
Favorite Actress: Sridevi
Favorite Destination: Mauritius, Goa, Canada
Favorite Food: Thai green chicken curry, miso soup, sushi, sashimi, chocolate fudge
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Akshay Kumar
- Is Akshay Kumar addicted to smoking?: No
- Is Akshay Kumar alcoholic?: No
- He belongs to a Punjabi family and grew up in Old Delhi, though afterwards, he moved to Koliwada in Mumbai city.
- In his childhood, he was highly fascinated towards martial arts and started his martial arts training in 8th
- Akshay Kumar also worked as a chef in a restaurant called Metro Guest House with the intention of earning his living with his first salary was ₹1,500.
- After settling in Mumbai, he also worked as a peon for a travel agency. He afterwards taught martial arts to individuals.
- Once he settled in Mumbai, he had his own portfolio shoot at the similar place which is now his own Juhu Bangalow.
- In the movie titled Aaj, he portrayed his 17 seconds debut act as a Karate Coach.
- Akshay Kumar was named Rajiv Bhatia, but he changed it to Akshay before entering Bollywood and was born in Amritsar, India to Hari Om Bhatia and Aruna Bhatia.
- Akshay lived and grew up in Delhi’s Chandni Chowk and later he moved to Mumbai where he lived in Koliwada, a Punjabi dominated area.
- Akshay received his school education from Don Bosco School and enrolled in Mumbai’s Guru Nanak Khalsa College for higher education, but dropped out after an year and went to Bangkok to learn martial arts.
- Akshay worked as an assistant for photographer Jayesh Sheth for 18 months without payment to shoot his first portfolio.He also worked as a background dancer in various films.
- Akshay Kumar is known for his discipline, in fact he wakes up at 5 in the morning and most of his interviews are scheduled at 6 am.
- Akshay Kumar starrer Boss entered the Guinness Book of World Records for the largest poster after beating Michael Jackson’s ‘This Is It’.