Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Body Measurements||41-33-13 inches|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m)|
|Weight||75 kg (165 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
Anil Kapoor was born on 24 December 1959 in Chembur, Mumbai, India. He is an Indian Filmmaker and Actor. He has shown up in numerous Bollywood movies, and also in many TV serials.
Since 2005, Anil Kapoor, career profession has traversed about 40 years as a performing actor, and also as a filmmaker. He has additionally received various honors in his whole vocational life. In many diverse acting classes, Anil has earned 2 National Film Awards and 6 Filmfare Awards.
He was brought up in Mumbai to filmmaker Surinder Kapoor. In 1979, he showed up in his very 1st movie Hamare Tumhare. In 1980, he, performed in the Telugu movie, Vamsa Vruksham which made his first presentation debut movie. He was afterward featured as a lead performing artist.
At that point in 1983, Anil Kapoor made his Kannada Movie debut by performing in Pallavi Anu Pallavi.
In 1984, he, got his 1st Filmfare Award, for his outstanding work in Yash Chopra’s movie Mashaal. Later on, in 1988, he received his 1st Filmfare Award for Best Actor for his extraordinary performance in N. Chandra’s movie Tezaab. Anil along these fame lines featured in numerous other fundamentally and industrially effective movies, including Meri Jung (1985), Karma (1986), Janbaaz (1986), Awaargi (1990), Benaam Badsha (1991).
In the megahit movie Mr. India, Anil Kapoor played his leading role as a music teacher caring for orphan kids; a technical discovery of his father endowed him with a special gadget that could turn an individual into an invisible state. This movie was trailed by a series of super hit movies opposite Madhuri Dixit like Ram Lakhan, Tezaab, and Parinda. In the year 1992, his role in the movie Beta bestowed him with his second Filmfare Award for Best Actor.
He was also honored with the first Filmfare Award for his best supporting role in the movie Mashaal along with renowned Bollywood artist Dilip Kumar. His enormous box office hit was Mr. India opposite Amrish Puri and Sridevi in the year 1987.
In 1997, he performed in the movie Virasat, which earned him the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor. In 1999, he partook in the film Taal that garnered him the 2nd Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award.
In 2000, Anil Kapoor participated in the movie Pukar that got him a National Film Award for Best Actor. Furthermore, his marvelous performance in the movies, No Entry, and Dil Dhadakne Do earn him his 3rd Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award.
Anil Kapoor’s likewise performed across the border International Film Industry, and Anil’s 1st role was in the movie Slumdog Millionaire which was directed by Danny Boyle. This movie was recognized as the Award Winning Film, and Anil earned the Guild Award for outstanding performance. Internationally, he is a standout amongst the most perceived Indian film on-screen Actors.
A few of the other hits are Salaam-e-Ishq, No Entry, Slumdog Millionaire, Shootout at Wadala, Race, and Race 2. Anil has also worked in Hollywood films like Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol and Power. He also performed in regional movies like Pallavi Anupallavi and Vamsa Vriksham.
After some flops, Anil returned with megahits movies like Judai and Virasat. Virasat honored him with the Critics Award for the Best Performance in 1998. Anil played the role of a nationalistic major who became a casualty of political collusion.
You might also like Sonam Kapoor and her lifestyle.
Check out exclusive ➡facts about Anil Kapoor.
Anil Kapoor Education
Qualification: 12th standard (Expelled from his college due to lack of attendence)
School: Our Lady of Perpetual Succour High School, Mumbai
College: St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
Anil Kapoor Career
Profession: Actor, Producer
Film: Hamare Tumhare (1979, Bollywood)
Vamsa Vruksham (1980, Telugu)
Pallavi Anu Pallavi (1983, Kannada)
Chandralekha (1997, Malayalam)
Slumdog Millionaire (2008, British)
Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011, Hollywood)
Production: Badhaai Ho Badhaai (2002)
TV: 24 (2010, American TV Series)
Salary: 3-4 crore/film (INR) approx
Net Worth: USD $12 million approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Late Surinder Kapoor (Producer)
Mother: Nirmal Kapoor
Brother: Boney Kapoor (Elder, Producer), Sanjay Kapoor (Younger, Actor)
Sister: Reena Kapoor
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Sunita Bhavnani Kapoor (m.1984-present)
Son: Harshvardhan Kapoor (Actor, born in 1990)
Daughter: Sonam Kapoor (Actress, born in 1985),Rhea Kapoor (Producer, born in 1987)
Sunita Kapoor (1984)
Anil Kapoor Favorites
Hobbies: Painting, gymming, travelling
Favorite Food: Grilled chicken/fish, Baingan ka bharta, Mooli paranthas, Gujarati thali, Teriyaki
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Anil Kapoor
- Anil Kapoor belongs to a Punjabi family.
- He is the younger brother of Sanjay Kapoor (actor), and elder brother Boney Kapoor is a filmmaker.
- He created his 1st comedy movie, Badhaai Ho Badhaai.
- Sandeep Marwah who is the owner of Noida Film City and a founder of Marwah Studios is Anil Kapoor’s brother-in-law.
- One of Anil’s, first playback songs was Chameli Ki Shaadi in 1986.
- Anil completed his high school education at Our Lady of Perpetual Succor High School and St. Xavier’s College.
- He wedded Sunita Bhavnani, an ensemble designer with whom he has three children.
- When Anil Kapoor was 12 years of age, he made his introduction in movies assuming the role of a youthful Shashi Kapoor in the film Tu Payal Mein Geet. This Movie, in any case, did not get released theatrically.
- In the 8th season of the original series, Anil Kapoor performed the role of President Hassanaired on Fox Network.
- He made his first acting debut in the year 1979 with Hamare Tumhare.
- His first noticeable role was in the movie Woh 7 Din.
- On account of some financial crisis, Anil worked in the garage of Raj Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor was deprived of taking admission to Pune Film Institute.
- He has worked in south Indian movies too.
- Anil Kapoor got his first Filmfare Award in 1988.
- Anil Kapoor was not the single choice for the movie Mr. India, Amitabh Bachchan was too.
- He appeared in the 8th season of the American megahit series 24.