Full Name:Akshaye Khanna
Age (as of 2019):44 years old
Date of Birth:28 March 1975
Birthplace:Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 feet 9 inches (1.75 m)
Weight:73 kg (161 lbs)
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Akshaye Khanna is a renowned Indian movie actor. After making his first debut with the movie Himalaya Putra, Akshaye moved ahead to appear in a number of commercially and critically successful films.
Akshaye Khanna is the younger son of famous actor Vinod Khanna. His elder brother Rahul Khanna is also a renowned Bollywood actor. His primary interest remains Bollywood cinema. He has successfully accomplished a training course at Kishore Namit Acting Institute.
Akshaye Khanna is immensely famous for his sweet dimpled smile. He is defined as being an introvert and very shy personality, yet extremely friendly. He was also elected as eleventh sexiest Indian movie actor in Cosmopolitan magazine.
In 1997, when Akshaye Khanna was only 22 years old, he made his first debut in his father’s own production Himalaya Putra, which didn’t perform well at Indian box office. His next movie was J. P. Dutta’s Border. The movie performed enormously well at Indian box office, becoming the top grossing movie of that year and receiving him a Filmfare Award for the Best Debut category.
Numerous of his releases that trailed failed to perform well until Subhash Ghai’s Taal released. The movie fared temperately well and emerged as the fourth top grossing movie of the year 1999. This was trailed by Farhan Akhtar’s enormously successful Dil Chahta Hai which emerged as the 5th top grossing movie of the year 2001. Khanna’s acting was well admired by critics and ultimately bestowed him with Filmfare Award for the Best Supporting Actor.
Akshaye Khanna’s next movie was Humraaz, in which he depicted a negative role for the very first time. His acting was commended and earned him Filmfare Best Villain Award. He afterwards starred in comedy movies such as Hungama and Hulchul. Both movies did terrifically well at Indian box office, with the later emerged as the top grossing movies of 2004. Even though his releases, Aap Ki Khatir and Shaadi Se Pehle failed to perform well at Indian box office, his other release in the same year was 36 China Town earned well.
Nikhil Advani’s Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute To Love was Akshaye Khanna’s first release in the year 2007. This was trailed by the thrilling movie Naqaab which didn’t perform so well, even though critics applauded his acting. Khanna’s role of Harilal Gandhi in the movie Gandhi, My Father was applauded by critics and was declared as his best performance up to now.
Facts You Never Knew About Akshaye Khanna!
- Akshaye Khanna’s close friends in the Bollywood include Saif Ali Khan, Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Ayesha Takia, Amir Khan, Madhuri Dixit and Sanjay Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Arshad Warsi.
- He is cousin to famous Bollywood actors Karan Khanna, Gautam Kapoor and Akhil Kapur.
- He signed Deepa Mehta’s “Earth” though was substituted by Aamir Khan.
- Akshaye Khanna is the former brother in law of famous actress Suman Raganathan.
- Once Amol Gupte scripted the movie Taare Zameen Par, he desired Akshaye Khanna for the role of Aamir Khan.
- He appeared in Anees Bazmee’s movie “Autograph”. That was to be the re-creation of the megahit Tamil movie “Autograph” in the year 2005.
- Akshaye signed for the role of John Abraham in Zinda though opted out because of finance matters.
Akshaye Khanna Education
School: Lawrence School, Lovedale, Tamil Nadu
College: H.R. College, Mumbai
Akshaye Khanna Gallery
Akshaye Khanna Career
Debut TV Series/Movie:
- Film: Himalay Putra (1997)
Salary: 2-3 crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: $12 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Vinod Khanna (Actor)
Mother: Geetanjali Khanna (Former model), Kavita (Step-mother)
Brother(s): Rahul Khanna (Actor, Elder)Sakshi Khanna (Half-Brother)
Sister(s): Shraddha Khanna (Half-Sister)
Marital Status: Single