Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m)|
|Weight||88 kg (194 lbs)|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Full Name||Vinod Khanna|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Politician|
|Date of Birth||October 6, 1946|
|Date of Death||April 27, 2017|
|Place of Death||Mumbai, India|
|Cause of Death||Bladder cancer|
Vinod Khanna was one of the greatest actors Hindi cinema has produced. He was not just an actor, he had a persona of his own. He was born on 6 October 1946 in Peshawar (present-day Pakistani city). Aside from being a great Indian actor and producer, he later decided to become a politician. He became Minister of Parliament for the Gurdaspur constituency for two periods.
A villain, a celebrity, a sanyasi and a politician, Vinod Khanna, also known as”the monk who sold his Mercedes” along with Swami Vinod Bharti, succumbed to cancer at age 70. Considered among the best looking actors in Bollywood, Khanna became famous with the audience and was featured in numerous lead roles.
While at the boarding school, he fell in love with motion films after watching Mughal-e-Azam. After graduating from Sydenham College with a commerce degree, he embarked on his film career.
Before he became popular for the cop characters, Khanna, who’s famous for his distinct style and character, made quite an impression as a scowling dacait in several flicks. Legend has it that when Sunil Dutt saw Vinod Khanna for the first time, he was fascinated with the young guy because he was from Peshawar (current day-Pakistan). Dutt made a decision to launch Khanna along with his younger brother Sunil Dutt in their own home production Person ka Meet (1968).
Check out exclusive ➡ facts about Vinod Khanna.
Vinod Khanna Education
|Qualification||Degree in Commerce|
|School||St. Mary's School, Mumbai
St. Xavier's High School, Fort, Mumbai
Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, Delhi
Barnes School, Deolali, Nashik
|College||Sydenham College, Delhi|
Check out Vinod Khanna's video
Vinod Khanna's Photos Gallery
Vinod Khanna Career
Profession: Actor, Producer, Politician
- Film: Man Ka Meet (1969)
- Political: Vinod Khanna joined the Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) in 1997 and was elected from the Gurdaspur constituency in the 1998 Lok Sabha Polls.
Net Worth: USD $50 million approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Kishanchand Khanna (Textiles Businessman)
Mother: Kamla Khanna
Brother(s): Pramod Khanna
Sister(s): Poonam Kapur, Neena Chandhok, Beena Walia
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Kavita Daftary, Businesswoman (m.1990-present)
Son(s): Rahul Khanna, Akshaye Khanna, Sakshi Khanna
Daughter(s): Shraddha Khanna
Vinod Khanna Favorites
Favorite Actress: Prakash Mehra, Mahmohan Desai, Raj Khosla, Feroz Khan
Favorite Food: Black
Favorite Color: Black
Favorite Movies: Mughal-E-Azam (1960)
Facts You Never Knew About Vinod Khanna!
- One of the most good looking actors of his time, Vinod Khanna starred in many blockbusters of his time.
- Vinod Khanna, who was born into a business family in 1946 in Peshawar (now in Pakistan) has appeared in approximately 141 films.
- Vinod Khanna, who is known for his distinct style and persona, started his film career with negative roles.
- Vinod debuted in Sunil Dutt’s 1968 film Man Ka Meet as a villain.
- Vinod, who started his movie career by doing supporting and negative roles, also shared screen space with many big superstars of his time.
- Vinod Khanna returned to rule the silver screen again in the late ’80s and early ’90s. Apparently, Vinod Khanna was the second highest paid Hindi actor from 1987-1994.