Vinod Khanna – Biography, Facts & Life Story
|Date of Birth||October 6, 1946|
|Real Name||Vinod Khanna|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Politician|
|Date of Death||April 27, 2017|
|Place of Death||Mumbai, India|
|Cause of Death||Bladder cancer|
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Body Measurements||44-38-13 Inches|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m)|
|Weight||88 kg (194 lbs)|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
Vinod Khanna was one of the greatest actors Hindi cinema has produced. He was not just an actor, he had a persona of his own. He was born on 6 October 1946 in Peshawar (present-day Pakistani city). Aside from being a great Indian actor and producer, he later decided to become a politician. He became Minister of Parliament for the Gurdaspur constituency for two periods.
A villain, a celebrity, a sanyasi and a politician, Vinod Khanna, also known as”the monk who sold his Mercedes” along with Swami Vinod Bharti, succumbed to cancer at age 70. Considered among the best looking actors in Bollywood, Khanna became famous with the audience and was featured in numerous lead roles.
While at the boarding school, he fell in love with motion films after watching Mughal-e-Azam. After graduating from Sydenham College with a commerce degree, he embarked on his film career.
Before he became popular for the cop characters, Khanna, who’s famous for his distinct style and character, made quite an impression as a scowling dacait in several flicks. Legend has it that when Sunil Dutt saw Vinod Khanna for the first time, he was fascinated with the young guy because he was from Peshawar (current day-Pakistan). Dutt made a decision to launch Khanna along with his younger brother Sunil Dutt in their own home production Person ka Meet (1968).
Check out exclusive ➡facts about Vinod Khanna.
Vinod Khanna has worked in Dilwale.
Vinod Khanna Education
Qualification: Degree in Commerce
School: St. Mary’s School, Mumbai
St. Xavier’s High School, Fort, Mumbai
Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, Delhi
Barnes School, Deolali, Nashik
College: Sydenham College, Delhi
Vinod Khanna Career
Profession: Actor, Producer, Politician
Known For: Qurbani (1980)
Debut Film: Man Ka Meet (1969)
Political: Vinod Khanna joined the Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) in 1997 and was elected from the Gurdaspur constituency in the 1998 Lok Sabha Polls.
Net Worth: USD $50 million approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Kishanchand Khanna (Textiles Businessman)
Mother: Kamla Khanna
Brother: Pramod Khanna
Sister: Poonam Kapur
Neena Chandhok, Beena Walia
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Kavita Daftary, Businesswoman (m.1990-present)
No. of Children: 4
Son: Rahul Khanna
Daughter: Shraddha Khanna
Geetanjali Khanna (m. 1971–1985)
Vinod Khanna Favorites
Favorite Movie: Mughal-E-Azam (1960)
Favorite Food: Black
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Vinod Khanna
- One of the most good looking actors of his time, Vinod Khanna starred in many blockbusters of his time.
- Vinod Khanna, who was born into a business family in 1946 in Peshawar (now in Pakistan) has appeared in approximately 141 films.
- Vinod Khanna, who is known for his distinct style and persona, started his film career with negative roles.
- Vinod debuted in Sunil Dutt’s 1968 film Man Ka Meet as a villain.
- Vinod, who started his movie career by doing supporting and negative roles, also shared screen space with many big superstars of his time.
- Vinod Khanna returned to rule the silver screen again in the late ’80s and early ’90s. Apparently, Vinod Khanna was the second highest paid Hindi actor from 1987-1994.