Full Name:Vinod Khanna
Profession:Actor, Producer, Politician
Date of Birth:October 6, 1946
Date of Death:April 27, 2017
Place of Death:Mumbai, India
Cause of Death:Bladder cancer
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m)
Weight:88 kg (194 lbs)
Vinod Khanna was one of the greatest actors Hindi cinema has produced. He was not just an actor, he had a persona of his own. He was born on 6 October 1946 in Peshawar (present-day Pakistani city). Aside from being a great Indian actor and producer, he later decided to become a politician. He became Minister of Parliament for the Gurdaspur constituency for two periods.
A villain, a celebrity, a sanyasi and a politician, Vinod Khanna, also known as”the monk who sold his Mercedes” along with Swami Vinod Bharti, succumbed to cancer at age 70. Considered among the best looking actors in Bollywood, Khanna became famous with the audience and was featured in numerous lead roles.
While at the boarding school, he fell in love with motion films after watching Mughal-e-Azam. After graduating from Sydenham College with a commerce degree, he embarked on his film career.
Before he became popular for the cop characters, Khanna, who’s famous for his distinct style and character, made quite an impression as a scowling dacait in several flicks. Legend has it that when Sunil Dutt saw Vinod Khanna for the first time, he was fascinated with the young guy because he was from Peshawar (current day-Pakistan). Dutt made a decision to launch Khanna along with his younger brother Sunil Dutt in their own home production Person ka Meet (1968).
Check out exclusive ➡ facts about Vinod Khanna.
Facts You Never Knew About Vinod Khanna!
- One of the most good looking actors of his time, Vinod Khanna starred in many blockbusters of his time.
- Vinod Khanna, who was born into a business family in 1946 in Peshawar (now in Pakistan) has appeared in approximately 141 films.
- Vinod Khanna, who is known for his distinct style and persona, started his film career with negative roles.
- Vinod debuted in Sunil Dutt’s 1968 film Man Ka Meet as a villain.
- Vinod, who started his movie career by doing supporting and negative roles, also shared screen space with many big superstars of his time.
- Vinod Khanna returned to rule the silver screen again in the late ’80s and early ’90s. Apparently, Vinod Khanna was the second highest paid Hindi actor from 1987-1994.
Vinod Khanna Education
Qualification: Degree in Commerce
School: St. Mary's School, Mumbai
St. Xavier's High School, Fort, Mumbai
Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, Delhi
Barnes School, Deolali, Nashik
College: Sydenham College, Delhi
Vinod Khanna Gallery
Vinod Khanna Career
Profession: Actor, Producer, Politician
- Film: Man Ka Meet (1969)
- Political: Vinod Khanna joined the Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) in 1997 and was elected from the Gurdaspur constituency in the 1998 Lok Sabha Polls.
Salary: Under review
Net Worth: USD $50 million approx
Bored? Watch video biography of Vinod Khanna
Family & Relatives
Father: Kishanchand Khanna (Textiles Businessman)
Mother: Kamla Khanna
Brother(s): Pramod Khanna
Sister(s): Poonam Kapur, Neena Chandhok, Beena Walia
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Gitanjali (m.1971-1985)
Kavita Daftary, Businesswoman (m.1990-present)
Son(s): Rahul Khanna, Akshaye Khanna, Sakshi Khanna
Daughter(s): Shraddha Khanna
Vinod Khanna Favorites
Hobbies: Not Known
Favorite Actress: Prakash Mehra, Mahmohan Desai, Raj Khosla, Feroz Khan
Favorite Food: Black
Favorite Color: Black
Cynthia Parker Wish Cynthia Parker Happy Birthday
Ayesha Khan Wish Ayesha Khan Happy Birthday
Rahil Azam Wish Rahil Azam Happy Birthday
Jojo Tua Wish Jojo Tua Happy Birthday
Jaden Roberts Wish Jaden Roberts Happy Birthday
Jenna Ortega Wish Jenna Ortega Happy Birthday
Jillian Spaeder Wish Jillian Spaeder Happy Birthday
Abhinav Shukla Wish Abhinav Shukla Happy Birthday