Full Name:David Lynn Selby
Age (as of 2019):78 years old
Date of Birth:February 5, 1941
Birthplace:Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:6 Feet 2 Inches (1.90 m)
Weight:77 kg (170 lbs)
David Selby was born on 5th February, 1941 in Morgantown, West Virginia. He is an American stage, film, and Television performing actor and entertainer. David Selby is the child of Clyde Ira Selby, who was a carpenter, and Sarah E. who was a dedicated housewife. In his hometown, David Selby went to pursue his Bachelor of Science and later Master’s qualification in acting and theater studies from the West Virginia University.
Further, he attended Southern Illinois University to seek after Ph.D. During his studies, David Selby was cast in the civil war TV drama serial Honey in the Rock, as Rev. Gordon Battelle, who was a Methodist minister at Grandview State Park, West Virginia. David Selby depicts as Quentin Collins, a werewolf in the TV drama arrangement Dark Shadows in 1968.
Additionally, he repeated his role in the elementary movie, Night of Dark Shadows, that premiered later that year. David Selby co-featured in the picture Up the Sandbox alongside Barbra Streisand in 1972. Amid the 1970s, David kept on showing up in various TV and movies guest appearances such as The Super Cops (1974), U-Turn (1973), Rich Kids (1979), The Waltons (1974), Kojak (1976), and Police Woman (1975).
He has additionally portrayed in the TV series Washington: Behind Closed Doors which earned the Emmy Award in 1977. Likewise, David Selby was named for a Golden Raspberry Award for his performance in the movie Raise the Titanic for Worst Supporting Actor in 1980. David portrayed the character role of Richard Channing, an antagonist child of matriarch Jane Wyman, in the Television series Falcon Crest. Overall, David Selby showed up in its 209 episodes alongside Lorenzo Lamas, who featured in all the 227 episodes.
In 2009, on the 200th commemoration of Abraham Lincoln, David Selby alongside Barack Obama depicted him in performance from the TV show The Heavens are Hung at the Ford’s Theater. In 1986, David Selby co-featured in the novel adapted animated movie Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, where he depicts the role of James Gordon.
Stay connected to discover more about David Selby and his lifestyle.
You might also like Ian Somerhalder and his lifestyle.
Facts You Never Knew About David Selby!
- David Selby rejected to be portrayed as Gary Ewing in the TV drama arrangement Knots Landing, which was later depicted by Ted Shackelford in 1979.
- In the Royal Television Society, David Selby has received the honor for Best Male Actor for A Song in Europe.
- The College of Creative Arts registered under the University of West Virginia granted David his very first Life-Time Achievement Award”.
- In 2004, David Selby got a privileged doctorate.
- David Selby is additionally a professional author. David’s work incorporates various stage plays such as Lincoln and Final Assault, just as the poetry rhymes like My Mother’s Autumn.
- David Selby for his character performance of Richard, in the Television series Falcon Crest was selected for 6 Soap Opera Digest Awards.
David Selby Education
Qualification: Marshall University
College: West Virginia University
David Selby Gallery
David Selby Career
Profession: Writer, Actor
Salary: Under review
Net Worth: USD $4 million Approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Clyde Ira Selby
Mother: Sarah E. McIntyre Selby
Brother(s): Not Known
Sister(s): Not Known
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Claudeis Newman (m. 1963)
Son(s): Jamison Selby
Daughter(s): Not Known