Full Name:Frank Dimuth Madushanka Karunaratne
Age (as of 2019):31 years old
Date of Birth:April 21, 1988
Place of Deat:Anuradha Kurukulasooriya (m. 2015)
Birthplace:Colombo, Sri Lanka
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:6 feet 0 inches (1.83 m)
Weight:80 kg (177 lbs)
Dimuth Karunaratne is a renowned Sri Lankan cricketer and recent captain of Sri Lanka ODIs and Test cricket squads. He is a left-handed batter who epitomizes the country in both ODIs and Tests, and plays first-class cricket for Sinhalese Sports Academy. Dimuth is the maiden batsman for Sri Lanka in Test matches.
Since the year 2015, Dimuth Karunaratne has emerged as the top batsman for Sri Lanka in Test cricket owing to his century makes in second innings of Test cricket. He was defined as second-innings professional by numerous commentators. He scored four hundreds in second innings out of 6 centuries he scored till the year 2017. On October 7, 2017, Dimuth emerged as the second opener batsman after Tillakaratne Dilshan to score 3 centuries in a year. In the year 2019, he was called as the captain of Sri Lanka’s squad for their test series opposite South Africa.
Sri Lankan team named Dimuth Karunaratne as the new ODI captain up ahead of Cricket World Cup 2019, substituting Lasith Malinga. Dimuth is the only batter after Ridley Jacobs to bring his bat in a Cricket World Cup 2019.
Dimuth Karunaratne is married to famous actress and model named Anuradha Kurukulasooriya. The wedding ceremony was held on April 29, 2015 at Gangaramaya Shrine, Colombo, in the presence of Sri Lankan President Maithreepala Sirisena. The repatriation party was held at Avenra Garden Hotel, on the very next day.
Dimuth Karunaratne joined St. Joseph’s College, Colombo, which has formed a number of Sri Lankan cricketers such as Angelo Mathews, Chaminda Vaas and Thisara Perera. He was a prominent batsman for school’s cricket squad. After performing in Sri Lanka’s A squads and Under-19, he was included into senior ODI squad for the series opposite Scotland and England in July and June 2011.
In the year 2018, Dimuth Karunaratne was elected as the captain of Dambulla’s team for the 2017–2018 Super Four County Tournament. He was also included in Dambulla’s team for Super Provincial ODI Tournament 2018. In the year 2018, he was elected as the vice-captain of Galle’s team the SLC T20 League 2018. In 2019, Dimuth Karunaratne retained for Hampshire County Cricket Academy as their overseas cricketer for the first half of season 2019.
Facts You Never Knew About Dimuth Karunaratne!
- Is Dimuth Karunaratne addicted to smoking? : Not Known
- Is Dimuth Karunaratne alcoholic? : Yes
- He is the second Sri Lankan batsman after Tillakaratne Dilshan to enroll for three Test oodles in a year.
- He was the second batter, after Dean Elgar, to achieve 1000 Test scores in 2017. He emerged as the seventh Sri Lankan cricketer to enroll for 1000 Test scores in a year.
- Dimuth is the 3rd Sri Lankan batter, after Tillakaratne Dilshan and Sanath Jayasuriya, to score a century in 50th Test match.
- He is one of the 4th Sri Lankan hitter to carry his bat thru a completed innings in a Test match.
- Dimuth Karunaratne has joined venerated St. Joseph’s College Colombo, the institute that has generated numerous Sri Lankan cricketers comprising off Angelo Mathews, Thisara Perera and Chaminda Vaas.
Dimuth Karunaratne Education
Qualification: Not Known
Dimuth Karunaratne Gallery
Dimuth Karunaratne Career
Profession: Cricket Player
Family & Relatives
Father: Not known
Mother: Not known
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Anuradha Kurukulasooriya