Divyaa Unni – Biography, Facts & Life Story
Her Social Media Profiles
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||6 feet 1 inches (1.85 m)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Age||43 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||2 September 1979|
|Full Name||Divyaa Unni|
Divyaa Unni is a proficient Indian actress of Tamil and Malayalam movies. She starred in movies like Bharathan’s last movie Churam and Pranayavarnangal, in which she appeared opposite Manoj K. Jayan. Divyaa migrated to USA right after her marriage.
Divyaa Unni was born in Kochi, Kerala, India on September 2, 1981. In 1990 & 1991, she was crowned, Kalathilakom in nationwide contest. On TV channel Doordarshan, she offered a multiplicity of Indian dancing art-forms to statewide audiences, such as Kuchipudi, Mohiniyattam, Bharatanatyam and folk dances.
Moreover, Divyaa Unni has starred in more than twelve TV films and TV serials in a diversity of roles, leaving an ineffaceable impression on fans. She won Aravindaksha Memorial Award : the Abhinaya Tilaka Puraskaram for best state-owned dance performance. In recent times, she received international recognition through earning Mother Teresa Award for her influences to performing arts. Besides performing all the way through India, Divyaa Unni also performs on worldwide stages throughout Europe, North America and Persian Gulf regions.
In the hunt of promoting Indian ethos in West, Divyaa Unni is mounting the artistic aptitudes of young children all across U.S.; with this aim, she is presently the Director of Sreepadam School of Arts located in Texas, Houston, U.S.A., with a subdivision in Kochi, India. As a skilled classical dancer who has given numeorus performances, Divyaa was given the Bhavans Jyothi and Kalathilakam titles and a number of other artistic awards.
As a child, Divyaa got her initial break in the movie Nee Ethra Dhanya once she was a grade II student. It was pursued by Pookalam Varavayi and Oh Faby. She also appeared in a Television serial directed by Vinayan. Her first movie was Kalyana Sowgandhigam one she did when she was in 10th grade. Divyaa Unni also had the opportunity to work with both Mammootty and Mohanlal. She married to Sudhir Sekharan, a Non-Resident Indian in USA and the couple has a baby boy named Arjun. She is presently considered amongst the anchors of a TV show titled American Jalakam aired on Asianet.
Divyaa Unni Career
Net Worth: $3 Million (Approx.)
Facts You Never Knew About Divyaa Unni
- All through her college days she was crowned Kalathilakom in the years 1990 and 1991.
- Divyaa’s stunning dance performances like Mohiniyattam, Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi were telecasted on Doordarshan on a number of occasions.
- She was bestowed with Aravindaksha Memorial Award for her exceptional dance performances.
- She performed all around the world including Europe, America and Gulf regions.
- Divyaa Unni also won The Mother Teresa Award for her greater contributions towards arts.
- At present, she runs a dance school in Houston, US named Sreepadam School of Arts.
- Divyaaa Unni initiated her career in acting through working in short films and television serials.
- In 1987, her first movie was with Neeyethra Dhanya as a child star.
- She afterwards starred in a number of commercial hits like Varnapakittu, Pranayavarnangal, Manju Warrier, Biju Menon, The Truth, Ustaad, Vineeth and Saikumar, Kannan Varuvaan etc.
- On 5th June 2002, Divyaa Unni married to Sudhir Sekharan and gave birth to two kids named Meenakshi and Arjun.