Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5’ 8” (1.73 m)|
|Weight||82 kg (181 lbs)|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Nickname||The Energy Chef Of India|
|Full Name||Harpal Singh Sokhi|
|Age||38 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||9-Aug-1983|
|Birthplace||Kharagpur, West Bengal, India|
Harpal Singh Sokhi is a renowned Indian Chef. As a chef, he has worked with multiple restaurant chains and hotels, prior launching his own chain called “The Funjabi Tadka”. He has also presented the cooking show titled Turban Tadka and is the Managing Director of Turban Tadka Hospitality.
Harpal Singh Sokhi was born in Kharagpur, West Bengal, India on 9th August, 1983. He was born and raised in Kharagpur wherein his father employed with Indian Railways. Sokhi has one brother and two sisters. He completed his schooling at South Eastern Railway Mixed Secondary School. He was enthused enough to become a celebrity chef by his mom’s cooking. His father trekked a lot for work, and he always motivated his kids to try out different cuisines.
Harpal Singh Sokhi initially desired to pursue his career in engineering, though was not brilliant at studies. He also expressed his fasciation towards joining Indian Air Force, though with the passage of time, he made up his mind to apply, he had overlapped his maximum age limit. After that, Sokhi came to know about a career in hotel management. Sokhi’s brother also motivated him to appear for hotel management entry exam; hence Sokhi joined Institute of Hotel Management, Bhubaneswar.
In the year 1987, Harpal Singh Sokhi completed his certificate in catering from IHM. He initiated his career as a novice cook at “The Oberoi” in Bhubaneswar. He emerged as an executive chef at his 27 years of age. Harpal spent several years of his career in learning different kinds of cuisines. He also learnt Hyderabadi cuisines from Begum Mumtaz Khan and Ustad Habib Pasha.
In the year 1993, Harpal Singh Sokhi presented the first episode of Khana Khazana aired on Zee television. After that, he launched his first show called “Harpal ki Rasoi” aired on Nagpur’s Siti Cable TV, though the show was not much popular as he anticipated it to be. Afterwards, Sokhi initiated to host Turban Tadka aired on Food channel, which gained him immense credit all across India. It emerged as one of the most popular cooking shows by TRPs. Harpal Singh came to be recognized for his saying “Namak Shamak”.
He also hosted cooking shows like Sirf Tees Minute and Kitchen Khiladi aired on Food channel. In the year 2014, Sokhi hosted Zee News’s roadside food show called Desh da Swaad, traveling all across India. In the year 2016, he also partook in dancing reality show titled Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9.
Check out exclusive ➡ facts about Harpal Singh.
Harpal Singh Education
|Qualification||Diploma in catering|
|School||South Eastern Railway Mixed Higher Secondary School, Kharagpur
|College||Institute Of Hotel Management Catering Technology And Applied Nutrition (IHM), Bhubaneswar|
Harpal Singh's Photos Gallery
Harpal Singh Career
Net Worth: $ 2 Million
Family & Relatives
Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Aparna Sokhi
Daughter(s): Anushka and Antra
Harpal Singh Favorites
Favorite Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
Favorite Actress: Madhuri Dixit and Shilpa Shinde
Favorite Food: Saoji food
Favorite Destination: Middle East, Far East and Europe
Facts You Never Knew About Harpal Singh!
- Is Harpal Singh Sokhi addicted to smoking?: No
- Is Harpal Singh Sokhi alcoholic?: Not Known
- At first, he was interested in joining Indian Air-Force though once he apprehended that it was too late.
- Harpal had a friend doing his Hotel Management Course in Siliguri. It inspired him a lot and he afterwards enrolled for Hotel Management institute in Bhubaneshwar.
- His father and mother were his leading inspiration to become a celebrity chef.
- Harpal Singh Sokhi is fluent in a number of languages like Hindi, English, Bengali, Punjabi, Telugu and Oriya.
- He is called as “The Energy Chef of India” for his jolly nature and shear energy.