Nebahat Cehre – Biography, Facts & Life Story
Her Social Media Profiles
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Body Measurements||34-26-34 Inches|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m)|
|Weight||61 kg (134 Lbs)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Dress Size||4 US|
|Age||79 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||March 15, 1944|
|Full Name||Hilal Nebahat Çehre|
|Birthplace||Samsun, Black Sea Region, Turkey|
Nebahat Çehre was born on 15 March 1944 in Samsun, Turkey. Nabahat Cehre is a Turkish Golden Orange winning actress, artist, and model.
Nebahat Çehre was five years of age, when she moved from Samsun to Istanbul, alongside her family after the demise of her father due to a heart attack. At the early age of fifteen, Çehre got picked up as “Miss Turkey” and was asked to represent Turkey in the Miss World Expo 1960 in London, England. Çehre, because of her modeling in the Miss World exhibition, was known as “Güzellik Kraliçesi” (Beauty Queen).
In 1962, at seventeen years of age, Çehre appeared in her first film, Yaban Gülü, or “The Wild Rose”. Yilmaz Güney was an actor who likewise composes movie scripts and would sometimes even direct her own pictures. Between the years 1964 to 1968, Güney and Nebahat Çehre performed in fourteen films together, one next to the other. Her most striking Yeşilçam films include Acı Hayat, or “Bitter Life” (1962) and Kral Arkadaşım, “The King Is My Friend” (1964).
Another outstanding movie in which Güney and Çehre have performed was Eşrefpaşalı (1966). In this movie, one specific scene between Güney and Çehre has purposely been discussed by film critics and has kept on being depicted and imitated in a few other Turkish movies and soap opera shows. The scene included Güney shooting a glass from her girlfriend Çehre’s head with a gun.
Çehre met and started a relationship with a basketball player Yavuz Demir from the Turkish games club Galatasaray. They wedded in 1976, this was the second marriage for Çehre, and the third for Demir. Çehre divorced Demir in 1979, their relationship lasted for eight years.
Nebahat Çehre, later on, did proficient stage singing. Her singing capabilities were first recognized by the notable Turkish singer, songwriter, and music composer, Zeki Müren. Nebahat Çehre made her first stage performance at the Lunapark Casino in Ankara, Turkey.
People also read: İlker Kızmaz, Damla Colbay
Nebahat Çehre Career
Profession: Actress, Model
Known For: Famous for starring in Muhteşem Yüzyıl tv show
Film Debut: Yaban Gülü (1961)
TV Show: Yeni Hayat (2001)
Net Worth: $5 million appeox
Family & Relatives
Father: İzzet Çehre
Mother: Müzeyyen Çehre
Brother: Orhan Çehre
Marital Status: Divorced
Ex Spouse: Yavuz Demir (m. 1976– div. 1979)
Yılmaz Güney (m. 1967– div. 1968)
Nebahat Çehre Favorites
Favorite Cars: Audi, Mercedes
Facts You Never Knew About Nebahat Çehre
- She is renowned for her protagonistic roles as Firdevs Yöreoğlu on the Kanal D drama serial Aşk-ı Memnu and as Ayşe Hafsa Sultan, on the series Muhteşem Yüzyıl.
- Nebahat Çehre represented Turkey in the Miss World 1960 pageant held in London, United Kingdom.
- On 24 July 1965 Nebahat Cehre represented Turkey in the Miss Universe 1965 beauty pageant at the Miami Beach Auditorium in Miami Beach, Florida, United States.
- Nebahat Çehre made her first stage performance at the Lunapark Casino in Ankara, Turkey.
- Çehre, because of her modeling in the Miss World pageant, was known as “Güzellik Kraliçesi” (Beauty Queen).
- In Istanbul, Nebahat Çehre’s bereft mother Müzeyyen wedded a second time to a judge, and then having divorced in 1956. Afterward, in the mid-60s she married a third time to a newspaperman Cahit Poyraz.
- Çehre’s professional career started with modeling.
- Actor Yilmaz Güney and Çehre were married at the Hilton Hotel in Istanbul, Turkey on 30 January, 1967. After just fifteen months of marriage Çehre officially divorced Güney in April 1968.
- Nebahat Cehre ex-husband Demir died in 2006 and Çehre had attended his memorial funeral.