|Age||35 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||22 May 1987|
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5’ 7” (1.70 m)|
|Weight||71 kg (157 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Known For||Pakistani batsman|
|Full Name||Sarfaraz Ahmed|
|Profession||Cricketer (Batsman, Wicket-keeper)|
|Birthplace||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
Sarfraz’s role is as a wicket-keeper batter in the side. Once Azhar Ali paced down, he was emerged as the captain of Pakistan cricket team. Since 2010, he is in the squad. His expedition to the top hasn’t been simple as his father’s vision was to make him a corporate officer or a teacher. His thought was clear-cut that he will chase cricket in his career by the age of 15.
Sarfaraz Ahmed initiated off as a wicketkeeper as well as a middle order batsman for under-15 side of Pakistan cricket, Sarfraz was observed by former Pakistani wicketkeeper named Moin Khan. After that, he has outshined enormously in sport and nowadays is considered amongst the best finishers of game.
In the year 2010, after making his first debut, Sarfaraz Ahmed didn’t get a prospect for three years to represent Pakistan and he supposed of some other choices as well. He decided to keep struggling hard with the intention that as he gets another chance, he just grabs it. That was exactly what he actually did and since making her comeback in cricket as a regular player for Pakistan for all particular formats of the game.
Sarfaraz Ahmed with a few brutal hits, in the end, has won numerous matches in his side and for those match winning hits, he has received numerous Man of the series and Man of the Match awards. The biggest moment of his career came in the recently concluded Champions Trophy.
Sarfraz’s side was the low-ranked side and was outshined in their very first match. It was audacious captain who led from the front and in a requisite win a cricket match alongside Sri Lanka won his side and lastly with a few smart captaincy abilities won Pakistan their very first Champions Trophy beating India for the very first time under an ICC final event.
Since 2015, Sarfaraz Ahmed is married to Syeda Khusbaht and the couple was blessed with a little cute son named Abdullah.
Sarfaraz Ahmed Education
|College||Dawood University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi|
Sarfaraz Ahmed Career
Profession: Cricketer (Batsman, Wicket-keeper)
Known For: Pakistani batsman
Test– 14 January 2010 vs Australia in Hobart
ODI– 18 November 2007 vs India in Jaipur
T20- 19 February 2010 vs England in Dubai
Family & Relatives
Father: Shakil Ahmad
Mother: Not Known
Marital Status: Married
Syeda Khushbakht Shah (m. 2005)
Son(s): Abdullah (Born- February 2017)
Sarfaraz Ahmed Favorites
Hobbies: Listening to music
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Sarfaraz Ahmed!
- Is Sarfaraz Ahmed addicted to smoking: Not Known
- Is Sarfaraz Ahmed alcoholic: Not Known
- Sarfraz’s father was the possessor of Shakeel Brothers printing house, one of the most renowned printing companies within Pakistan.
- He was only 10 years old when he became Hafiz-e-Quran
- In the year 2015, Quetta Gladiators elected him up for Pakistan Super League (PSL) season 2016 and was also elected to supervise the team. Under Sarfraz’s captaincy, the team ultimately made it to finals losing only e league.
- Once Azhar Ali walked down as the captain of Pakistan cricket team from ODI format, Sarfaraz Ahmed was elected by PCB (Pakistan Cricket Board). Sarfraz’s first series as a captain for One Day was 2-1 success alongside West Indies. In the same year, he was nominated as vice-captain of Pakistan Test team
- In the year 2017, Sarfaraz Ahmed holds the record for maximum dismissals in a single innings. He scored 49 runs out of 49 balls and took 6 catches in a match alongside South Africa in 2015 and was capped as Man of the Match.